Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

crisis battlesuits: burstcannons
Old 04 Nov 2007, 13:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default crisis battlesuits: burstcannons

hi read plenty of previous posts on batlesuit configs, and playtested a few of them, eg: fireknife, deathrain and firestorm combos

I see no need to twinlink as i like my markerlights and always aim to up my BS with my XV8s.

Love the the fireknife combo as im sure anyone would, but burstcannons on a crisis suit just dont seem to work. Well not for me anyway

I hate being so close with my crisis suits, it feels wrong.

Does anyone have any success with burstcannons on crisis?

replica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to RaShan
Default Re: crisis battlesuits: burstcannons

Very,very much success. It really whales on the Orks and the Space Marines took it hard.
It may be the way your using them, but remember not every army can have Burst Cannons against them,they are either set up well, or are just that strong in general. If I'm right the range is 18,(not sure if thats allowed) but if you keep out an extra six of that pop out and get um' you'll have a heck of alot easier time in taking down aponants.

With ALL that being said what army are you normally using the BC against?

Happy Hunting!

Tau {to be named} Victories
Win:5 Lose:4 Tie:2

Consider it a success if you can talk a Khorne Berserker out of taking your skull at the first instant he meets you

(loads plasma rifle) BANG!

Oh look, he understood me. =D -Faolin

I could almost see that.
Like if a few Tau went off and they were found and brainwashed and what not. Then, they are made into Tau Marine things. That would be crazy. "And they shall know no close combat skills"~ Xv15 Stealth
RaShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 14:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

if your good at guessing ranges its great. You just have to be very aware of your opponents move and assault ranges when doing it and if they have jump packs or are fleet you also can't forget your assault moves.

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 14:19   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

With ALL that being said what army are you normally using the BC against?

The armies i play against frequently are witch hunters, Dark Angels, Demon Hunters, Orks, and Chaos.

Very dangerous to get in close to witchunters. evil flamer damage!!!
Old 04 Nov 2007, 14:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to RaShan

Yeah..Hate to say it but your using the Burst Cannon on the wrong armies there homie. Except the orks,the orks are okay,but thoughs others,just soak up everything you put into them,I would seriously drop it,when playing them, and take something with a higher str and ap values.

Happy Hunting!

Tau {to be named} Victories
Win:5 Lose:4 Tie:2

Consider it a success if you can talk a Khorne Berserker out of taking your skull at the first instant he meets you

(loads plasma rifle) BANG!

Oh look, he understood me. =D -Faolin

I could almost see that.
Like if a few Tau went off and they were found and brainwashed and what not. Then, they are made into Tau Marine things. That would be crazy. "And they shall know no close combat skills"~ Xv15 Stealth
RaShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 14:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseman
if your good at guessing ranges its great. You just have to be very aware of your opponents move and assault ranges when doing it and if they have jump packs or are fleet you also can't forget your assault moves.
It`s not just the range guessing. The battlefield needs to be right, too - you need cover to hide behind, firelanes, and so on.
A BC requires careful maneuvering, good terrain and the right targets in range, since it can only engage a small portion of enemies.
A MP, while it has less shots, offer much greater tactical flexibility.
The occasions when a BC is better than a MP are really very rare; there is no reason IMO to prefer BCs over MPs.

Furthermore, S5 shots are very common in a Tau army; our basic troops have ONLY S5 shots, nothing else (FW, not Kroot) - whereas most of the Crisis weapons can ONLY be found on Crisis Suits.
That`s the reason I don`t like BCs on my Crisis. I can get them elsewhere, cheaper (Stealth Suits, anyone?).
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 15:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY

When I put BCs on my Crisis Suits, I enjoyed moderate success. I usually used two two-man teams, one with T-L BC and Drone controller w/2 Shield Drones, the other with T-L Fusion Blaster and BC, with a Multitracker Hardwired. What I would do is send them along a flank with cover, and the BCs were used by both teams to mow down opposing enemies on the way to a target (ie., a tank). When I got to the tank, assuming both T-L FB Suits survived, I then had two T-L FB to pop the target with, which is very nice. This config was pretty cheap, and excelled against most objectives, because most people don't put a huge bodyguard next to their Basilisk/Whirlwind/etc. I only used it a short time though, probably over the span of 5 or 6 games. After that I switched to 2 Deathrains and a T-L PR Fireknife (or Burning Eye w/MP, which one would be "correct?"). I have abandoned SD's with my Crisis altogether, thanks to my recent mastering of patience with JSJ.

I'd say BC on Crisis Suits are an underrated tactic. I prefer Crisis with BC to Stealth Suits because, with my set up, I had twice as many wounds plus Inv. saves. Just for the simple fact they had Inv. saves my opponents would target their Lascannons or other heavy weapons at them, taking heat off my Broadsides and vehicles; apparently they thought they must be a good target! T-L the BC and FB proved to be very useful, because I didn't have many ML in my army at the time, so I hit with a lot of shots. Having both teams supporting each other also meant they were difficult to eliminate as a whole, because it took a lot of firepower to take them down, and even if they eliminated one team, I had another team right behind it. 12 BC shots, 6 T-L, along with the FB, meant also I could seriously hurt or destroy nearly any reasonably-sized/armored target, so they had good variety.

So yeah, that's my experience.
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
TimberwolfCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 15:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
(Stealth Suits, anyone?)
I really like having Stealth suits in my army. And that's where I put my burst cannons. They're agile enough to stay out of range (The stealth generator helping with that; Once had a guy role double ones three times in a row! ) and can still take the targeting array. Take a team leader, hard-wire a drone controller and take at least one shield drone, maybe a gun drone if you want to try pinning the enemy, and the survivability increases. I just can't get enough of stealth suits, they're a real pain in you're opponents D'yi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 15:37   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

like the invulnerable idea, buti think the big guns would be targeted first. no Armour 3+ model is scared of a burst cannon, when compared to a railgun!!

Think im jus gonna stick with plasma MP multi tracker, with CIB and MP on commander and save burst cannons for stealth suits!!
Old 04 Nov 2007, 15:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica
like the invulnerable idea, buti think the big guns would be targeted first. no Armour 3+ model is scared of a burst cannon, when compared to a railgun!!

Think im jus gonna stick with plasma MP multi tracker, with CIB and MP on commander and save burst cannons for stealth suits!!
Actually CIB and Burst cannons are great if you combine them with vectored-retro thrusters, im also i little confused as to why you don't like the short range of the Burst cannon when you are replacing it with another weapon that has 18 inch range (at least i think it does.)

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote