12 fire warriors, bonded. 130

4th squad
9 fire warriors, bonded. 100

1st hammerhead
Burst cannon, rail gun, disruption pods, multi tracker. 165

2nd hammerhead
Ion cannon, smart missile system, multi tracker. 150

Broadsides
3 broadsides, shas’vre, 2 target locks, multi tracker, hard wired multi tracker. 260

Amount of men 56
Total cost 1,500

My main plan is to shoot them be for they get to me, can you give me some feed back.

coun'bei

Old 25 Mar 2005, 12:48   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Jonathan
Default Re: How's this army

I'd lose the TL fussion on the 'El Your army has enough anti-tank but if you what a FB don't make it TL as the 'El with Bs 4 will hit most of the time, Your squads need the 'ui upgrade and yuor two hammerheads need Decoy launchers, Your 'El dosen't need the black sun filter (unless you know you will be playing nightfight) and you don't need the 'vre upgrade in the broadside suit
Old 25 Mar 2005, 14:10   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

also, what's with the wierd fire warrior squad sizes? IMO take 12 unless you don't have the models (say you bought the Devilfish/FW boxed set for example)
then, the fw need the shas'ui upgrade so you can be sure they'll shoot @ what you want them to.
you can drop all the bonding to save points, @ least on the FWs, it doesn't help THAT much...
i'd give the 'el a 'fireknife' suit (plasma rifle, missile pod, multi-tracker)
personally, i'd add more crisis suits, but that's your choice...loads of FW are good to
yeah, the hammerheads need decoy launchers, i'd suggest them for the fish too
hope that helps
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 25 Mar 2005, 14:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

im with the kitty.take out squad 4. take full squads and get another devilfish for the last squad

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 14:34   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

Coun'bei:

It's not bad, but it could really use a little work I think. Mainly in just your choice of upgrades as the rest (unit selection) seems fine to me.

HQ - If you take a multi-tracker, for your 3rd point, you can take the black sun filter still and be able to use both of those expensive weapons on that nice Shas'el only bumping him up by 5 points. I'd recommend doing that.

Elite - The XV15's are great, however, I would not bond them. Bonding only happens when you're down to 2 members in the squad and when you're down to 1 member in the squad you'll be taking Last Man Standing tests--so bonding doesn't do much for these small squads that can't hold their own afterwards (not like a XV88 or XV8 can).

Troop - All these firewarriors really need their Shas'ui before they need bonding. Passing the leadership test is more important really rather than the ability to regroup after failing it. Also, the targeting arrays on Devilfish, it's ok to do that, but I would be sure to take decoy launchers first and then re-invest later if the points are available. I would really replace the bonding with Shas'ui upgrades, and then go from there aftwards (pushing towards maximum squad sizes if possible). Actually I would keep 3x full squads of firewarriors and drop that 4th one in favor of another Devilfish and afford a few more upgrades for your vehicles all around.

Heavy - The hammerheads are solid. When taking broadsides it allows for the Ion Cannon to show up on the field, and that's cool. I would very much stress decoy launcher on both tanks though becuase they will recieve attention with their power. The XV88 Broadsides are ok, but I'd tone them down a bit too. You really only need : 3x XV88's, Target lock, Target lock, Multi-tracker. There's no need to take a Shas'vre or any special upgrades, keeping the points lower.

Final note, me personally, with a list this static, I'd have probably taken an Ethereal, but I'm sure everyone would scream against that one. But it's an option if you're sticking to loads of infantry and not a lot of mobile vehicles.
Old 25 Mar 2005, 14:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Jonathan

yea an ethreal would be a good idea for the type fo army you play 7 out of your 9 squads would benifit from inspireing presance (of course 7 out of 9 would suffer from price of failure) He could stay back as joined to the BS squad which should give him enough protection form your oponents fire
Old 25 Mar 2005, 16:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Here's my advice, take it or leave it:

HQ - use T/L MPs and a single FB

Drop one Broadside and fill out the FW squads. Also drop thier target locks and multi-tracker. Just make them a standing gun group. At 1500 you don' treally need more than that with two HHs too.

Put Decoy launchers on the HHs. They're cheap and can totally same 200pts worth of tank.

Instead of Bonding, go with Shas'ui. You have a lower chance of breaking in the first place and if the squads drop below 50% they're not all that effective anyway. Unless you have opponents who don't tend to concetrate on wiping squads out entirely, Bonding is an expensive option. Howevr, if you notice opponents leaving fleeing units in favor of viable ones, take if somehow on keey squads to ensure that they rally and he only gets half points for VP.

Otherwise looks good.
3) Tau are a team: Stick together.

[size=8pt]40k v4.0 FAQs[/size]
[size=8pt]official Rail Rifle rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Forge World Rules and Models[/size]
[size=8pt]Crisis Configurations[/size]
[size=8pt]Gue'vesa: Tau Human Auxiliary rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Mechanized Tau Tactica[/size]
[size=8pt]TauOnline Tactica[/size]
Old 25 Mar 2005, 22:23   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

Commander
Shas’el, twin linked fusion blaster, missile pod, blacksun filter. 85

very oddly configured 'El, drop the FB fro a PR, the difference in range creates a lot of disharmony in the config and you dont need the FB for tankhunting in this list ^-^

Rest of the army

Stealth squad
6 members of stealth team, bonded. 190

drop the bonding, 2 models arent wort it

1st squad
12 fire warriors, bonded, devilfish, targeting array. 215

drop the TA, its moving over 6" so cant fire that BS4 weapon anyway, bonded swaps for Sushi and aquire some DL

2nd squad
11 fire warriors, bonded, devilfish. 205

bonded swaps for Sushiand get it a DL

3rd squad
12 fire warriors, bonded. 130

4th squad
9 fire warriors, bonded. 100

I'd swap these two for 2 units of 16 kroot to give you a solid anchor, and you get more models for your money, theyre also better at protecting BS from the assault units

1st hammerhead
Burst cannon, rail gun, disruption pods, multi tracker. 165

exellent

2nd hammerhead
Ion cannon, smart missile system, multi tracker. 150

I'd scrounge the 10pts from the stealths and the SMS to give it a railgun, Ion jst aint my thang, the sub is too good to overlook, it really is that good ^-^

Broadsides
3 broadsides, shas’vre, 2 target locks, multi tracker, hard wired multi tracker. 260

BS aint my specialty, but go ahead

not bad, just some odd upgraades and some missing

thats my advice Take It!!!!
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Closed Thread