Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Disappointing Forgeworld Barracuda!
Old 03 Nov 2007, 22:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Disappointing Forgeworld Barracuda!

I have just taken delivery of a Forgeworld Barracuda and whilst it is a nice model I am very disapointed with a number of things.

It has taken over three weeks (and numerous phone calls and e-mails) for it to be delivered and I only live 65 miles from where it is made, in my opinion that is appalling service!

Its smaller than expected being only slightly bigger than a Devilfish.

It doesn't even come in its own box its just in a plastic bag inside an ordinary cardboard box.

The assenbly instructions are very poor and there is no painting guide.

There is a lot of excess 'flash' resin that needs to be trimmed before assembly.

The flying base is pathetic, its just an ordinary GW flying base.

For 65.00 the product and service from Forgeworld has been very disappointing, I will not be ordering from them again.
Old 03 Nov 2007, 22:55   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: Disappointing Forgeworld Barracuda!

1) Sorry for delivery time, I can't comment on that
2) Look on the net for some pictures. I expected they'd be bigger, but I looked and I discovered they were smaller.
3) I believe that's how all Forgeworld comes.
4) Why do you need a painting guide?
5) The Forgeworld FAQ talks about flash and how to remove it.
6) Were you expecting one around 12" tall? You could make one =)
7) Forgeworld products are quite expensive. That's the way things go. The Warhound is a huge amount of money for what it is. The Manta even more so. However, their Battlefleet Gothic items are ridiculously cheap for their size. I can only assume this has something to do with resin being more expensive than plastic but cheaper than metal. Or they don't expect lots of people to buy the Tau Battlefleet stuff.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 23:06   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Forge World has the most abysmal service ever, I don't mind the models or anything, but it's the ridiculous times it takes for things to arrive.

A friend of mine ordered some stuff like two months ago and they've only just bothered to tell him there was a problem with his order. But they can get away with it I guess, being the only place to get this stuff.
Zanzibar UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 23:12   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

I love Forgeworlds products. I believe that the cause of your shipping time is actually justified. First, I believe that they create the model after you order, and then the product is first shipped to a distribution center for whatever mailing service they use. Then, it's processed and finally shipped. It's all a very beurocratic process.

As for being small, well it's a fighter, it's supposed to be small.

As for their service being abysmal, I have to say that they have some of the best customer support I've seen. They'll replace a broken or warped part for free, no questions asked.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 23:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

I think I'm going on three weeks here myself. It took them almost two weeks to charge me for the order, and I still haven't gotten it yet.

If you look at the tigershark pictures, it shows a hammerhead, tigershark, and barracuda in one picture. You can try to get an idea of scale from that...the barracuda is only slightly larger than the hammerhead, and the tigershark is about twice the size of a barracuda. So if you wanted bigger you would've had to spend twice as much.

I don't remember it taking this long when I bought my battlesuit...and it's much smaller and cheaper, you'd think they would care more when you're spending more, but I guess it's the opposite.

Quote:
They'll replace a broken or warped part for free, no questions asked.
Yeah, two months later.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 23:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

As for the customer service, I can`t comment on it. I had a rules query, and didn`t get an answer, but I have no idea how they`d deal with incomplete models.

All I know is that my shipments usually arrive at record times (and I live in central Europe).

As for the size, well, what did you expect? The FW pics on the website give you a nice glimpse on how big it would be, and, frankly, it is alright for a flyer.

What do you need a box for? They might sell about 100-200 Barracudas each year; specifically designing boxes for them would be very expensive.

Yes, the assembly instructions (or rather, the lack thereof) bug me, as well, but with a little bit of thinking, it can be done (besides, FW really isn`t for beginners, anyway).

About the "flash" resin - if you read the FW FAQ, you`ll see that they explicitely mention this.

About the flying base: Well, designing flying bases would, again, make the product even more expensive.

I can say that I`m very satisfied with my Barracude. Sure, it takes a lot of work, and is still far from finished, but after all, I didn`t buy another Devilfish - FW models are meant to be hobby projects, and take a lot of time preparing, building and painting. And, to be honest, I have the feeling that it will be worth it.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 00:09   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
I love Forgeworlds products. I believe that the cause of your shipping time is actually justified. First, I believe that they create the model after you order, and then the product is first shipped to a distribution center for whatever mailing service they use. Then, it's processed and finally shipped. It's all a very beurocratic process.

As for being small, well it's a fighter, it's supposed to be small.

As for their service being abysmal, I have to say that they have some of the best customer support I've seen. They'll replace a broken or warped part for free, no questions asked.
Sorry I don't believe that waiting three weeks for anything is justified these days.

I run a mail order business for my shop and if you order before 3pm it is posted same day, first class, and will usually get to you the next day.

That's the sort of service I expect!

OK they are a bigger operation tham me so I would expect to receive my goods within a week or to be informed if there is a problem.

A lot of my gripes wouldn't be a problem in isolation but when you put them all together it really isn't good enough!

Roland
Old 04 Nov 2007, 00:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Well, how did you order the delivery? Express is going to obviously be faster than the standard package.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2007, 00:23   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legio Mortis
Well, how did you order the delivery? Express is going to obviously be faster than the standard package.
Bearing in mind that we are in different countries and that you can get next day delivery to anywhere in the UK at a reasonable rate.

First class postage was paid at 12% of the purchase price (7.80), express would have cost about 23.00.

My courier delivers anywhere in the UK, guaranteed before 3pm the next day, for 7.05 for a parcel up to 5KG in weight.

Roland
Old 04 Nov 2007, 00:31   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Free advertising eh?

Well, I'm in the US and the only thing I'd ever buy from FW would have to be a Tetra and/or IA3. And I'd fully expect it to take about a month.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote