Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Fire Warrior (The Game)
Old 02 Nov 2007, 03:14   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Fire Warrior (The Game)

So I was in Gamestop this weekend picking up a game for my DS, and a used copy of Fire Warrior for $6 happened to catch my eye. Of course, I couldn't resist. Talk about nostalgia.

So anyway, I purchased the game and finally got around to playing it yesterday. I don't get to play video games too often any more, maybe an hour or two on Tuesday & Thursday, so they last me a long while.

I would like to point out a few things I have learned from Fire Warrior so far. Keep in mind I'm like on the 5thish level. I've lost track to be honest, but I'm on the Imperial Ship (after beating the first boarding level).

1) If the Imperial Guard actually fight as well as they do on the game, the Imperium is very screwed.

2) Bolters are absolutely amazing. Shrieking miniature missile launchers FTW.

3) Plasma fires ridiculously slow and should not be employed in tactical situations. They are anything but rapid fire weapons, and despite your illusions of grander that they are STR 7 AP 2, they, in fact, cannot kill a Storm Trooper in one shot.

4) Fire Warriors have an extremely short life expectancy. After materializing from thin air, they have a bad habit of dying after the enemy does. Perhaps this is due to a heart attack after an extreme rush of excitement at a kill.

5) Despite your assumptions, the other Fire Warriors are not your friends, teammates, or even acquaintances, and they will not come help you. They are too busy defending their post (or subsequently dying after you kill the Imperial Guard in their designated area).

6) Grenades slaughter everything, even yourself. So watch out.

7) All Tech-Priests carry books to battle.

8: You cannot pick up a Chainsword and run wildly like a maniac of a sergeant screaming bloody vengeance. Seriously, never.

9) All Guardsmen, in fact, carry Autoguns. The next edition of the codex will be retconned to represent this more accurately.

10) Yes, Prison Cells have random bottomless pits for you to accidentally fall into.

11) Guardsmen wear stealth field generators. Despite clearing out a room, you will be ambushed from behind.

12) The Air Caste is useless, seriously.

13) In regards to your fondest wishes of toting around TWO enemy weapons, this is forbidden in the Tau doctrine. You should have noted this in your "Fire Warrior Sparknotes" booklet that was issued to your along with your suit and helmet. You will carry one Tau weapon at all times.

14) You will pick up all enemy radio frequencies and hear all important communications. And you will pick up enemy conversations over your radio more often than your own side's.

15) You have no feet. You float.
Old 02 Nov 2007, 03:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer
Default Re: Fire Warrior (The Game)

Oh, don't forget the in-game year, according to the intro cinema, is "2002.M41" or some nonsense.

Twas a sad, sad day in the history of 40k games... :-\

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 03:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Even as a long time Tau fan I could not bring my self to buy that piece of >, seriously how is it that GW keeps loaning out their IP to lazy game developers? I had a friend who bought it, and watched them play through several levels. Thank god I didn't fall for this GW pitfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarWolf13th
15) You have no feet. You float.
LOL when is that not the case (in any game).
Old 02 Nov 2007, 03:45   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Doombringer Send a message via MSN to Doombringer Send a message via Yahoo to Doombringer

Well, you can see your feet in Halo 2 and 3... I think feet are becoming more and more of a new development as technology progresses and players are becoming more "self aware".

"The nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors, will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." - Anonymous

"Doombringer, you are my hero." - Lord-General Thunder

Doombringer

Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 03:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I got stuck....to a box on the first level.
Solourus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 03:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to RaShan

Yeah I seriously agree and I for one was pitted into buying it..I would LOVE to see what the creators of Call Of Duty could do!

Tau {to be named} Victories
Win:5 Lose:4 Tie:2

Consider it a success if you can talk a Khorne Berserker out of taking your skull at the first instant he meets you

(loads plasma rifle) BANG!

Oh look, he understood me. =D -Faolin

I could almost see that.
Like if a few Tau went off and they were found and brainwashed and what not. Then, they are made into Tau Marine things. That would be crazy. "And they shall know no close combat skills"~ Xv15 Stealth
RaShan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 04:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Sheesh, that game was unforgivable. Bolters that worked like rocket launchers? A Battleship the same size as a small Tau cruiser?
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 04:28   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via AIM to Xeran Van Houten Send a message via MSN to Xeran Van Houten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solourus
I got stuck....to a box on the first level.
That happened to me too. I jumped into a small path between the trench wall and some crates, and got stuck in the polygons...

Though the thing about bolters should be right - bolter ammo is like self-propelled rocket ammo or something like that.... though mind you I havn't seen what they look like in the game, since I only played through the first stage...
Old 02 Nov 2007, 04:47   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeran Van Houten
Though the thing about bolters should be right - bolter ammo is like self-propelled rocket ammo or something like that.... though mind you I havn't seen what they look like in the game, since I only played through the first stage...
No, bolts are fired like conventional bullets, but then the rocket kicks in and speeds it up further. And the bolter in the game was a very slow firing single fire weapon, whereas the fluffy bolter should at least have a burst fire capability.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2007, 04:53   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarWolf13th
3) Plasma fires ridiculously slow and should not be employed in tactical situations. They are anything but rapid fire weapons, and despite your illusions of grander that they are STR 7 AP 2, they, in fact, cannot kill a Storm Trooper in one shot.
This very much so disappointed me in the game... I picked one up, thinking it would be pretty powerful, and I would have done better sticking to the Las gun... (There's more ammo for the Las gun any way! :P) You had to wait almost 30 seconds before you could fire again, and it sometimes took 3 shots to kill a SM and usually 2 to kill IG's Storm Troopers...

I do enjoy the game, however. Or, certain levels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote