Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What next...
Old 27 Oct 2007, 10:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default What next...

Okay, I have 3,000 points of Tau, including at least one of everything that's not Kroot or Vespid (I know lots of people agree with me - the Tau army looks so co-ordinated together, the Kroot and Vespid kinda spoil this). That's not including my Titan :P

So, I have about 120 to spend on Tau now. My ambition is to eventually have a full size Kavaal (damn straight), so it doesn't really matter what I spend it on as it'll all be needed eventually. So here's the contenders:

1) Lots of Fire Warriors
2) Rapid Insertion Force
3) More tanks! (all bar one of my squads is in a Devilfish now anyway)
4) Tigershark/Tigershark A-X
5) Barracuda. Or two ;D
6) A mixture of the above (e.g. the RIF is only 75 so there's still room to buy other stuff)

or

7) Get lots of Kroot (I'll only use Kroot if I get enough to field a Kroot mercenary force alongside, maybe 1,000pts. And I'll want a Greater Knarloc in that )

So - you guys are the experts. What do you think?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2007, 10:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to cyberzomby
Default Re: What next...

Rapid Insertion Force! Thats a very good deal. I was thinkin of gettin that for my birthday. But I didnt seeing I rarely play battles over 1500 pts, And a 1500 points battlesuit list is very terrain dependant
cyberzomby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2007, 10:51   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

If you wanna keep your army Kroot free I would continue to stay away from them. I probably would go with a RIF as suggested above and with the leftover funds grab a few FW squads. The RIF I was told will only be available for a limited amount of time during apocolypse and after a while will no longer be made. If this is the case take advantage of the deal while you can.
Old 27 Oct 2007, 13:09   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Definately more suits, i love the suits, broardsides! and more fire warriors is a possibility. im keeping kroot out of my army too they look ugly in with my tau, although im considering vespids (for tactical reasons)!
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
ezekiel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2007, 13:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Have you considered taking any stealth's? They are quite usefull when deep striking near enemy lines.

If you are are going to take stealth's though, i would take XV15's

Actually, i already did! :P

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig.
Mr. Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2007, 14:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Ooo! Get the RIF! I just bought it a couple days ago. It's a truly great deal. But make sure you magnetize the Crisis suits. With that many, it's a lot of fun to try out different combinations.