Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

tau heroics
Closed Thread
Old 23 Mar 2005, 21:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default tau heroics

OK, simple light hearted thread here. We all game, and we all have memorable moments.

What are yours?
what are the greatest feats of heroism acomplished by your squads, or individual troopers, and what are the most humiliating moments of your cadre's campaigning?

My greatest moments:
my kroot. typically, they are my favourite, and most brilliant troops. I typically take 10-15 man squads. THey constantly shcok me with what they acomplish. I've ad games where a squad ate up my friends entire left flank on their own. the next game, they repeated the slaughter. Ive even had a game where 15 kroot - just over 100 points worth took out over 250 points of enemy and were still going strong. Beyond that, the sheer amount of 4+ cover saves they pass is incredible. Id hazard a guess they pass over 80% of any saves they have to make. the look in my opponents face is always prieceless when that many 4s, 5s and 6s turn up. they typically end up being at the raw end of the other guys entire army at some stage in the game they are so destructive.

my broadside took out over 250 points of enemy in a 1000 pointer. first turn saw the end of an unlucky fire warrior. second turn saw a hammerhead stunned. third saw a deep striking crisis suit turned to slag, and in the next turn, in a flash of brilliance he took out a hammerhead at max range with a 6,6,6. and then we had to finish our game, but he was honoured with a name. shas'ui kais'ka, or the nearest tau equivelant i can do to sureshot.

then in a recent tournament, my stealthsuits beat off ork stormboys in close combat, and passed every save they had to make

my devilfish took out a 38 point long fang, and in the next turn killed a venerable dreadnought. yaw! 9'000 years of experience killed by a transports machine gun! i love my devilfish!

my worst moments:
my crisis suits have a tendency to do fly-bys. almost anytiem I've deepstriked hem, they fly off the table. Its a laugh whenever they do by this stage. like wheeeee! oh, theres the battle. um, yeah, they seem to be doing allright by themselves. I'll just fly on by.

my shas'el deepstriked once, in front of an etherial and FW squad, fired off his load, and killed 1 measly fire warrior. he suffered two wounds from said squad in return. next turn he repeated shooting, felling another fire warrior and then he charged (i figure str5 will hurt) only to be killed by the etherial poking him with his stick. it was.... embarrassing but so funny, we basically laughed our holes off

my fire warriors firing at max range at kroot. 8 shots. i hits. and he rolls a 1 to wound. worst rolling ever... but it wasnt. squad of 12 rapid fired into some fire warriors. 24 shots. i think they killed one fire warrior.

my hammerheads are unlcuky. game against IG. both die in the same turn to melta toting stormies and a lucky guardsman with a rocket. the next game they died just as quickly, this time to an ork with a rokkit and a nob with a powerclaw. i just stood there....

then there were games where everything went wrong. like my first, against deep striking IG. deepstriking h.flamer toting sentinels cooked about 40 fire warriors and kroot in a single turn. and the lasguns! i will never make another flashlight joke again, wiith the amount of damage they did that time.

OK, enough about me. share your experiences.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Old 23 Mar 2005, 21:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739
Default Re: tau heroics

I would have to say my legendary Crisis rushes

jump forward from cover, mow them down, beat them down in CC consolidate into cover or another squad

This has almost always crushed my enemys.

one battle I played my 2500 pt army vs. a 900 pt blood angels and another tau 1850 pt army. even though I was outnumbered points wise I kicked their but

Crisis rush cuasilities in that battle:
ENEMY- 5 terminators, 6 stealth suits, 2 crisis suits, 20 kroot
ME- NONE ;D

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
Old 23 Mar 2005, 21:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Iron Warriors with their semi-bionic Leader HQ dude charged an objective, killing enough Fire warriors to make them route and fall back. The enemy didnt' pursue, and stayed to hold the objective.

The Fire Warriors fell back, but rallied and fired back at the pesky enemy Chaos Marines that just took thier hill. A huge mass of fire poured in on the Iron Warriors there, but i didnt' kill all of them. There was only one choice.

The remains of that Fire Warrior unit now regrouped lost a couple more models in the next enemy shooting phase, but they passed Morale and in thier turn they moved up, shot the enemy, killing another, and then...yes...they charged. The two drones remained (by choice back then) and they struck first and hard, the Tau holding on to the bitter end and one final blow dropped the Lord! i couldnt' bellieve it. 2 Fire Warriors and a Drone recaptured the objective and we're victorious...

...until the next turn when the Lord made his Bionics roll, rolled a 6 for his Bionics, stood back up and laid the smack on them. *:'(

But in those 16 seconds, those Fire Warriors were the biggest heroes of the day.
3) Tau are a team: Stick together.

[size=8pt]40k v4.0 FAQs[/size]
[size=8pt]official Rail Rifle rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Forge World Rules and Models[/size]
[size=8pt]Crisis Configurations[/size]
[size=8pt]Gue'vesa: Tau Human Auxiliary rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Mechanized Tau Tactica[/size]
[size=8pt]TauOnline Tactica[/size]
Old 23 Mar 2005, 22:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

you moved up, fired and then assaulted? RF = no charge, what am I missing? :P
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 23 Mar 2005, 22:05   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

v3

Old 23 Mar 2005, 22:07   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

ah, disclaimers on V3 would be appreciated henceforth ;D
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 23 Mar 2005, 22:07   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nah...I like to keep ya honest...

Old 24 Mar 2005, 00:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

played a 500 point game against a nid player who had only cc troops and termagants... took NO casualties.*

In another game vs nids, 20 kroot managed to hold off 100 gaunts of various species for an entire game because they were on the 3rd floor of a building and had some fire support... I have the pics to prove it too!

My most humiliating defeat would be when I was playing against a blood angels army with the death company... 3 turns of 1500 points of tau shooting them killed them all... eventually.* The rest of the army just swamped me.* Never will I forgive them...

In a carnage scenario a hh managed to take 3 rounds of 4 grenade launchers, 4 missile launcher shots, 2 battlecannons, and 6 plasma shots.* Every time there was a glance, it rolled a 1 or 2 so it could never return fire.* The hh won the game by running to the obj on the last turn while some pathfinders assaulted a HIVE TYRANT with 2X sything and held it up so that the hh could contest.* THAT was an awesomely close game, because the nids pretty much controlled the table, and the other 2 players had destroyed each other and only had a few scant models left.

EDIT; also forgot the time that a jumpack assault squad of blood angels assaulted a fw squad and butchered it, running it off the table.* the five remaining guys were shot by my shas'el and fw's and reduced to two... finally my shas'el assaulted the buggers and killed them both!* In the same game, my shas'el killed the only 3 bikes my opponent had in one turn of shooting!* However, he met lascannon death shortly after his cc victory.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 00:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus

My greatest high point was when I was fighting my great nemesis the Space Wolves during a tournament. I fired on a Rhino from behind with a drone squadron, got a single penetrating hit, and the resulting explosion killed 8 out of 10 marines in the squad!

I have, however, had more defeats than victories :P My most humiliating one is a toss-up between when (again vs. Space Pups) a single Rune Priest tore through 2 FW units and one fully stocked-up Kroot kindred without even taking a Wound, or when my Broadsides only managed to hit a single Marine throughout an 8-turn game, and they didn't even kill him.

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 24 Mar 2005, 04:17   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

my kroot :P

vs. chaos once they took out
4 bikes, a 8-man tac squad, and some havocs

vs. blood angels they took out
5 close-combat-armed scouts
finished off a squad of assault marines
5 more scouts
then died heroically trying to charge some devvies

and probly my crisis suits too...they've never failed me!
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Closed Thread