Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Killing the Dark eldar
Closed Thread
Old 24 Oct 2007, 04:42   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Killing the Dark eldar

If all the Tau forces met in a system with all the Dark eldar forces, who would win?
Old 24 Oct 2007, 06:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Killing the Dark eldar

I refer thee to this thread of the general forum:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=5481.0

I`m not sure about the "no army x vs army y - threads" hereon the Tau forum, but i doubt the rules here are more tolerant...

But, to try an answer - WHY do you care? This will never happen, and even IF it would happen, the DE would not dick around and wait - they would probably make a surprise attack, then leave the system, no matter how many Tau are still left. They are Raiders, first and foremost.
On a related note, the Tau would not wait unil they`re all killed, they`d bail out as soon as it looks they`re about to loose.

So, why DO you care? Is it a quarrel you have with a DE-friend?

Threads like this are futile. Itīs like asking "What if all the IGs and all the Nids would be on one planet?" Apart from the fact that it would be quite crowded - who cares? Who knows?

Play the game. Enjoy it. But don`t poison the atmosphere with pointless questions like this, which only lead to flame wars.

Cheers,
-Bone
Old 24 Oct 2007, 07:45   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

No one can really say seeing as we don't really know the true size of either force. If I could guess I'd say that the Tau Empire is larger the the Dark City, but with eldar, who knows how big a city in the webway can really be? And even with that, who knows what kind of major weapons of war the DE can bring to bear. All we know about is their pirate forces. The DE may still be in possession of Eldar tech. from before the Fall, left unused as such technology is useless when you just running to the market for slaves. Anyways CmdrBonesaw is quite correct, this is really a pointless thread with no real answer, and which would have likely lead to silly arguments of "my army is better then yours" etc.
Old 24 Oct 2007, 12:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i agree with the people above and the truth is post it on tau online and isnt everyone gonna say tau except the one wierdo that collects dark Eldar

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
Old 24 Oct 2007, 14:57   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tau hunter
i agree with the people above and the truth is post it on tau online and isnt everyone gonna say tau except the one wierdo that collects dark Eldar
Are you saying people who collect Dark Eldar are weirdos? That's insulting me. And Siruk. And Yriel. And everyone else who collects Dark Eldar. And here at Tau Online, we don't like insulting remarks. It's flame-baiting.

When you joined this forum, you must have had a strange concept of what kind of forum it would be. We are not one-sided like that. In this example...

"If Dark Eldar and Tau met on the same planet, who would win?"

"TAU!! TAU!! WE ALL COLLECT TAU SO WE ARE BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE!!!"

No. Just No. Don't even begin to imagine that we are like that. We are not. I'm not even going to take this further as this thread will be locked soon anyway.

-Lord of the Pit
Old 24 Oct 2007, 18:19   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Hopefully "tau hunter" only meant the "weirdo" comment as a simple jest, not as an actual insult. De are after all a rare army collected by a few (though I have a lot of respect for fast and hard army style).

But I believe he's right about what response to expect to such a thread. This is Tau Online, and this is the Tau forum section of Tau Online. The majority of the people who'd see this would be (guess what) Tau players. Thus anyone would tell you that the likely response would be skewed in favor of the Tau, you don't need a anthropologists to tell you that. No, not everyone would yell "Tau would win", but likely the majority would side with the Tau in one way or another because of personal preference/bias.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 01:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
I refer thee to this thread of the general forum:

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=5481.0

I`m not sure about the "no army x vs army y - threads" hereon the Tau forum, but i doubt the rules here are more tolerant...

But, to try an answer - WHY do you care? This will never happen, and even IF it would happen, the DE would not dick around and wait - they would probably make a surprise attack, then leave the system, no matter how many Tau are still left. They are Raiders, first and foremost.
On a related note, the Tau would not wait unil they`re all killed, they`d bail out as soon as it looks they`re about to loose.

So, why DO you care? Is it a quarrel you have with a DE-friend?

Threads like this are futile. Itīs like asking "What if all the IGs and all the Nids would be on one planet?" Apart from the fact that it would be quite crowded - who cares? Who knows?

Play the game. Enjoy it. But don`t poison the atmosphere with pointless questions like this, which only lead to flame wars.

Cheers,
-Bone
lil' harsh dontcha think? but ether way i dunno who would
"Sir, we already burned everything in there...."
"I dont care, SHOOT IT AGAIN! Its the only way to be sure!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyxg
Is it true I can equip a space marine captain with two thunder hammers and terminator armor and on top of that name him MC hammer?
Old 25 Oct 2007, 01:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Topic Locked.

Closed Thread