Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Squad leaders.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 08:14   #1 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

Default Squad leaders.

Ok I have a couple of questions.

First I'm having an ongoing 'arguement' with my flatmate. I I take two of the same weapon on a battlesuit it seems pretty clear in the rules that it becomes a single twin linked gun. My housemate thinks that this rule is ambiguous and that I could still choose to take two seperate guns of the same type if I chose. Who is correct?

Second. When arming a crisis suit squad leader, in you guys opinion is it better to give him a HWMT, target lock and two guns (thus making him BS 4 and capable of firing both guns) or a HWMT, one twin linked weapon and one regular weapon?
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2007, 08:31   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Squad leaders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
Ok I have a couple of questions.

First I'm having an ongoing 'arguement' with my flatmate. I I take two of the same weapon on a battlesuit it seems pretty clear in the rules that it becomes a single twin linked gun. My housemate thinks that this rule is ambiguous and that I could still choose to take two seperate guns of the same type if I chose. Who is correct?

Second. When arming a crisis suit squad leader, in you guys opinion is it better to give him a HWMT, target lock and two guns (thus making him BS 4 and capable of firing both guns) or a HWMT, one twin linked weapon and one regular weapon?
First question: You are right. The weapons are automatically twin-linked. Note that you also cannot add a third weapon of the same sort. The Codex is quite clear on this - what is there not understandable?

Second question: First of all, the Targetting ARRAY increases the BS; the target lock just lets you shoot at a different target than the rest of the unit. But back to the issue at hand: I say it depends. I`m not really a fan of using a mixed Crisis weaponry on suits; I prefer TL AND TA`d weaponry - BS4 with re-rolls to the to-hit-rolls is just great.
But for you, it is really a matter of preference - if you want a better chance to hit with BOTH weapons, add the TA. If there`s one "main weapon" you`d like to hit better, TL. But as already said, both options don`t persuade me - ultra-reliable weapons are my thing.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2007, 08:55   #3 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Squad leaders.

Cheers. The array/lock thing was just typing mistake, I did know the difference really... honest.

The more I think about it its probably best to go with the TA. If I remember rightly it's cheaper/around the same as TL one weapon. I can understand the reliable shots arguement, but at the moment I'm leaning more towards a 'volume of fire', mainly because we don't have any MEQs in our small group.

Also, I have no idea what he couldn't understand about it. He kept using models as examples of how it was possible. I don't understand why he would want to be right on this either, because it would only make the crisis suits more effective (potentially).
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote