Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

N'dras
Old 22 Oct 2007, 13:53   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default N'dras

Hey everyone,

This is my first post, so here it goes.I want to tell you all about my Tau army.They are from N'dras, the planet with a supposidly small population.However, the population has been steadily growing. They are very close to T'olku and Tau, so fear discovery.On the planet there is a small group of Humans, who came there long ago, only shortly after the planet was almost entirely abandoned. There are also a group of feral orks on the planet.Both of these factions lead independent lives, but are only allowed to stay on the planet so long as they can be called upon in times of need.The orks agreed so long as they were given new technology and the humans agreed just so long as they would not be bothered by anyone when they were not needed.The Tau Ethereals have all but abandoned the People of N'dras, all but one family of them left eons ago.These wise and noble Tau have been forced to abandon the greater good quite alot, as the survival of their people dpends on it.They have not totall abandoned hope that a new way shall come to the universe, and if they could ever be forgiven for what they had done.For now, they shall always be known by those who judge them, as "The traitors of N'dras".

So thats about it, if any of you have any questions, just go ahead and ask and i would love to hear some feed back from you.
gekido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 14:19   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: N'dras

Okay... for this to happen at all, there'd be a lot of fantastic things that would have to happen- Orks abandoning their Orky hatred of all things living, Ethereals leaving Tau alone inentionally...

If anything, make them 3rd sphere expansion. This is one of those highly unlikely things that probably wouldn't happen, but might.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 23:01   #3 (permalink)
Tyr
Shas'Saal

Welcome to the Forums.

I to play a N'dras Cadre. I have a slightly different view on what they are. I also tend to keep a low ethereal prescence, (which in a way accounts for the 'untrustworthy' rep they have). I have them as a Black sheep sept.
Ultimately the fluff of your cadre is up to you. However the orky thing seems a little unlikely. The tau tried for awhile to incorporate the orks into the greater good, however there violent tendencies are hardwired into there genetic code making it pretty much futile. Unless you have a strong reason for including an Ork encampment in your fluff (you want to run ork allies or something) I would drop that.
Still like I said it is up to you.

"I have taken great pains not to laugh at the actions of aliens, nor to weep at them or to hate them, but to understand them."- Aun'shi
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2007, 03:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

1. Orks live to wage war, they love war. This is one of their base Instincts hard-wired into their very nature. The only thing that Tau could offer them to keep the piece is to give the orks something funner to fight "And Thats It". Orks care little for technology, they like things that go "BOOM" but they wouldn't trade for it if they would not be allowed to fight. And even if they enter into such an agreement, they'd inevitably turn on the Tau just for the fight.

2. N'dras looks like one of the inner system colonies. Probably colonized in the 1st expansion, IMO. I highly doubt humans would be anywhere near there.

3. I highly doubt the Tau would remain unaware of a potential threat like this so close to home. Farsight is way out of system and has done nothing to really show aggression against the Tau Empire, yet their not to happy with him, are they?

4. Being stuck in the inside of the Tau Empire who would you expect to fight other then the Tau? Their isn't actually anywhere to go that wouldn't lead to contact with the Tau Empire first, and I doubt a Chaos warband, or Tyranid splinter fleet would enter the Tau Empire and go all the way to N'dras unnoticed. In short, how could you explain any of your battles if your stuck on an isolated world/system?

I don't mean to rain on your parade, I'm all for traitor Tau, and making your own fluff, but I think you need to work from a different angle. Maybe survivors/successors from the N'dras colony that eventually go rogue. Maybe a cadre on the outer borders of the Tau Empire on Patrol that decide to set up shop from a secret location (asteroid belt, etc.) and go rogue.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 05:28   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

*First post*

In a way, Ork technology is far more advanced than Tau technology. It is operated by Psychic confidence. Even if a gun should not physically be able to fire, an Ork can make it fire, just because he believes it will. This is one of the reasons why "Red uns go fasta".

If anything, the Tau should bargain with the Orks for their technology.

"OK, give me 10,000 grot brains and help us attach them to our railguns. In return, we'll send 10,000 kroot to die in combat against you."
Angelust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2007, 05:59   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Except that Ork technology wouldn't work for the Tau, given their rational approach to science and their almost complete lack of a Warp presence. It requires belief in it in order for it to function, not just in order for it to be created. I wouldn't say that Ork technology is more advanced than that of the Tau. It just shares a common root of psychic manipulation that the Orks are not really aware of. If the Tau really understood what the Warp was capable of, there are a lot of improvements they could make to their technology.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2007, 06:33   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Assuming they could properly harness the Warp. Tau try to under stand what their working with, and with the warp their is no understanding it :-[.
Old 23 Oct 2007, 06:34   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Khanaris,

I realize that, which is why the Tau would need to take the brains(or whatever orkoids use) to power the weapons. A looted Hammerhead can probably work wonders!
Angelust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2007, 07:25   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Naaa, They wouldn't be able to run over everything :P
"Okay, my Commisar charges your Chosen squad, that squad of Marines there will open up on the squad of Cultists, my Predator will shoot your Rhino, and, oh yes, my Warlord Titan shoots in the general direction of your army and kills everything. Good game, man."
shaseltulku100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2007, 14:46   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelust
Khanaris,

I realize that, which is why the Tau would need to take the brains(or whatever orkoids use) to power the weapons. A looted Hammerhead can probably work wonders!
Huh. That is an interesting thought, but how do you control the Orkoid brains? You would have to convince all of them that whatever weapon they are using is more powerful than its design would suggest. The thought of a sentient Hammerhead that thinks it is an Ork is pretty funny. And you would need to give them full control over their weapons, because they aren't going to believe in them if they are not the ones actually doing the shootin' and fightin'. So you might get a little more power out of the Railgun, but the accuracy would fall off and it would develop a tendency towards shooting at things you didn't want shot.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote