Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Ray/Hammer/'Fish
Old 22 Oct 2007, 06:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Ray/Hammer/'Fish

Does the Sky Ray box come with all pieces to make either the Sky Ray, Hammerhead or Devilfish?

For my Farsight Enclave i plan to have 1 Hammerhead and 1 Devilfish for Pathfinders (for now), but i want to be able to switch the Hammerhead Weapon round depending on enemy...

so what i wanted to do was buy 2 skyrays (over time) build 1 into a fish (with SMS) and the other into a hammerhead with interchangeable turret and gives me 2 seeker missiles on both tanks and a piranha. Is this easily possible

Cheers
NoMAD
NoMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 06:12   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Ray/Hammer/'Fish

Yes.

A Sky Ray box comes with all the pieces you will need. You'll have to take two of the missile on the Sky Ray rack off (ie: don't stick them on) however if you want each tank to have two seekers (as there is only enough bits in the standard sprue for one each).

I think the "turret" of the Devilfish will look slightly different to the one in the Devilfish box, but nothing different enough to be worried about.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 06:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

IIRC, you'll find everything you'll need except the two drones for the devilfish. Almost everything is easily changed over between the tanks, the only exception being the nose mounted turret on the devilfish. That burst cannon is used on the HH as one of the side weapons, and the nose has a camera array filling up the hole. It's IMO the hardest part of trying to create a convert-able Tau vehicle, but we have an article on how to do it in the conversion forum I believe, so go check that out, it should be very helpful in preparing you to outline what you'll need to do.
Old 22 Oct 2007, 06:41   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TipTop1987 Send a message via Yahoo to TipTop1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin
I think the "turret" of the Devilfish will look slightly different to the one in the Devilfish box, but nothing different enough to be worried about.
The "turret" or look out point with the hatch (Is what I'm assuming you're talking about) is the same in all 3 of the boxes. But, if you want to have interchangeable weapons for the Hammerhead, just don't glue in the hatch part (Both actual hatch and the part it attaches to) to the turret mount. You'll have two turret mounts to put both the Ion Cannon and the Railgun on their own mount.

Also, with the Seeker Missiles, they come as two different parts with the Sky Ray for it's turret. The part that you attach the missiles into (You'll figure out the exact part if and when you get the model) can be used to model Flechette Dischargers as well. I mean, you'll get 2 regular Seeker Missiles with two Sky Ray boxes, and 12 of the turret ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Qualls when she saw the back packs for the Space Marine models for the first time
"There are little skulls on the back of them. That is so cute!"
(\_/) This is bunny.
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination.
TipTop1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 08:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

The "turret" or look out point with the hatch (Is what I'm assuming you're talking about) is the same in all 3 of the boxes.

The one on my Devilfish (bought before Skyray's came out) dosen't have the spot for the Hammerhead main gun to go. It's centered on the hole in the top.

Unless I missed the centered one in my Skyray box..........

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 09:02   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Well the new kits have everything in it.

See this thread:

I'll do an update soon, although the only addition really is to cover the Skyray; The turret fits right where the Hammerhead Turret should go. The only thing is it might tip over a bit...
Old 22 Oct 2007, 09:19   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Your best bet would be to buy the Tau Interdiction Force!

You get three HH/SR/DF for the price of two!

Roland
Old 22 Oct 2007, 09:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

if u cut the lugs off on the hammerheads turret gun mount then u can switch between weapons with out magnetiseing or needing another turret i hve just did this with my hammerhead turret i got with my skyray
Old 22 Oct 2007, 21:10   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffordGames

Do you really get enough to make 3 of any kit? I thought they'd only give you enough to make 1 skyray (max), and the other 2 into HH's (with maybe one extra HH sprue).
Old 22 Oct 2007, 21:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffordGames

Do you really get enough to make 3 of any kit? I thought they'd only give you enough to make 1 skyray (max), and the other 2 into HH's (with maybe one extra HH sprue).
I don't really know!

The box shows one each of the HH with railgun, HH with ion cannon and Skyray, the info on the GW web site says that you get two HH's and one SR.

The info on GW site for the SR doesn't mention that you get all the bits in the box to make a HH or DF so It is likely that you will have the option to make any variety you want.

Roland