Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

deathrain bodyguard?
Old 19 Oct 2007, 02:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default deathrain bodyguard?

I was just joking with a friend about some squads you could have in a farsight army and deathrains (my favorite suit setup) eventually made it into the conversation. So here is my question; has anyone ever made a full bodyguard of deathrains??? ???

Is this uber cheesy? 7 deathrain bodyguards with TA's would cost 441 points. But they would be able to dish out 14 twin-linked str7 ap4 shots at 36'!
yosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2007, 02:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: deathrain bodyguard?

maybe have like 3 deathrain and 4 fireknifes or firestorm (for when they get closer) you still get the same amount of missiles just not quite as effective with them but this way you can take on larger groups
"Sir, we already burned everything in there...."
"I dont care, SHOOT IT AGAIN! Its the only way to be sure!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyxg
Is it true I can equip a space marine captain with two thunder hammers and terminator armor and on top of that name him MC hammer?
artivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2007, 02:39   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Assuming cost wasn't actually as issue, I'd take all Fireknives but give one guy the Fragmentation Projector.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 02:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

This isn't serious or anything, at least not to me! This is very impractical to me, but I think It would be funny to watch!

Think if the squad had markerlight support!!!

twin-linked AND BS5!
yosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2007, 03:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If you're going to do that I would give most of them target locks(at least 5) This way you can target as many units as you like or as few just to get the right amount to assure a kill.

This would be murder against 4 rhinos for example since you could split fire with 2 deathrains at 3 of them and 1 at the last and likely damage them all. Or if you were facing 2 predators(a common scenario) you could put 4 deathrains on one and 3 on the other and likely end up with at least one glance(or more) against each.

But honestly in a Farsight squad I like a little more versatility. A couple of deathrains(with TA and HWTL) for accurate armor busting at range, a burning eye(with TA but no hwtl needed as will likely target same unit as farsight) for killing TEQ, 2 firestorms for horde and multi purpose(with HWTL's optional in this case but recomended), another deathrain (but this time with the AFP, HWTL, and HWMT) as a universally multi purpose suit, and last but not least a nice cheap heatwave suit with a shield generator, 2 shield drones, and STIMS to soak the first hits and if things get close to roast em alive. Of course shield drones can be added as much as you feel is needed and maybe 4 or 6 total is what the doctor ordered, but it is up to the points situation really.

But thats just how I do things when and if I rarely play Farsight.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 03:47   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

The strength of all those suits is going to be ability to take on anything they throw at you. Naturally, you will need several target locks in the mix. Then take your preferred assortment of plasma rifles, missile pods and whatever else works in concert with the rest of your army. I'm not going to tell you what configurations to take, especially if I can't see your entire army list. I do however, like the idea of several deathrains (I'm a fan as well ) I wouldn't take all seven though, you have a chance to put the hurt on anything you come across, so take advantage of it. 4 Deathrains is plenty, then take what you see fit. Avoid Fireknife setups, though, it would overload you on missile pods IMHO. I like Israfel420's ideas concerning the burning eyes. Hope this helps you out.