Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My Tau Characters (Feedback and comments appreciated!)
Old 16 Oct 2007, 01:01   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default My Tau Characters (Feedback and comments appreciated!)

Some background for Tau characters in my army. Let me know what you think.

Shas'O Elsy'eir Sarin Mont'yr or O'Sarin:

A veteran commander who has presided over several Tau campaigns against the Imperium in the third sphere. He is a thoughtful commander whose name means 'The Philosopher'. Sarin is known for his delicate style, making heavy use of XV15 Stealth Suits to launch surgical strikes against key enemy targets and force the enemy into surrender.

He once famously remarked after receiving the surrender of an Imperial Garrison:
"The task of the Fire Caste is to subdue, not destroy. To us lies the task of exposing the folly of those who would oppose the Greater Good, but we must always remember that the sentient who brings us war in the morning may yet be our brother in the evening."

Shas'el Sa'cea Aboria - El'Arboria:

A young Fire Warrior who has risen rapidly through the ranks. She spent three years as Honour Guard to Aun'to before taking on the battle suit. Her first command was against a Necron threat rising within the Second Sphere. The conflict was long and brutal, though ultimately she lured the abominations into a mountain pass and unleashed a rain of fire from entrenched Broadside battlesuits. Aboria believes in a swift, overwhelming strike that carries everything before them. She does not take prisoners.

She is recorded as having said:
"The Greater Good is a dream and should we of the Fire Caste falter in our duty, it shall always be so."

Aun'to:

An elderly Ethereal who has overseen three generations of colonization and assimilation on his small sept [needs name] in the Third Sphere. He has a benevolent attitude towards the Gue'la he presides over, always dreaming of the day they forget their Emperor and join the Greater Good as equals. He is known for his conservative streak, always emphasizing the need to consolidate the Empire's gains before advancing on to the next conquest.

He once gave a speech, saying:
"We are living in an age of Fire, but we must always remember that it is Earth lays our foundation, Water that raises us up and Air binds us together. For just as the one cannot oppose the many, so too can a single caste not carry us forward. In the eyes of the Greater Good, the labour of Earth, the poetry of Water and the flights of Air are struggles no less valuable than the battles of Fire."

Por'ui Yua'nai

A Water Caste diplomat of high rank and esteem. Has negotiated extensively with Gue'la settlements in the Third Sphere, expanding the reach of the Greater Good with pacts pledging protection against Imperial tithes. Has also had a hand in the integration and assimilation of native cultures within the third sphere, most notably on Aun'to's world where he negotiated a pact wherein the Priests of the Imperial Ecclesiary were allowed to retain their status in return for cooperation with the Greater Good. An earnest admirer of alien culture, Yua'nai is also one of the few Tau to have ever set foot on an Eldar craftworld.

In his correspondances with Aun'to, he once said:
"Each race brings with it a new asset for the Greater Good. The Kroot brought the value of fellowship and the strength that can only be acheived when the one works for the all. So too shall the Gue'la bring us their rugged adaptability and the loyalty one requires to forge anew. And so too will the Eldar, when they finally make their homes in our septs, bring both the wisdom of the millenia and the sober lessons of the past."
O-Kais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 07:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: My Tau Characters (Feedback and comments appreciated!)

Great,good to see someone who cares about us Gue'vesa . I'm a bit concerned about El'Arboria though,
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Kais
She does not take prisoners.
"Okay, my Commisar charges your Chosen squad, that squad of Marines there will open up on the squad of Cultists, my Predator will shoot your Rhino, and, oh yes, my Warlord Titan shoots in the general direction of your army and kills everything. Good game, man."
shaseltulku100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 09:01   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Looks like a lot of thought went into the character quotes there (or are they ripped from like Sun-Tzu and people ). I really like them, they add a lot of personality to each character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaseltulku100
Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Kais
She does not take prisoners.
Nothing too odd here. Once talks have failed, and the Shas are committed, unless the enemy army actually lays down arms, then no quarter is likely to be give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2007, 22:38   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
Looks like a lot of thought went into the character quotes there (or are they ripped from like Sun-Tzu and people ). I really like them, they add a lot of personality to each character.
Thank you for the comments, both of you. The quotes are original, as plagiarism in all its forms is an offense to the Greater Good.
Old 17 Oct 2007, 06:04   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Your welcome .
"Okay, my Commisar charges your Chosen squad, that squad of Marines there will open up on the squad of Cultists, my Predator will shoot your Rhino, and, oh yes, my Warlord Titan shoots in the general direction of your army and kills everything. Good game, man."
shaseltulku100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 10:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

They are really cool, and the quotes are superb. The Tau eldar sound awesome, and I like the whole liberal approach they have.
The only minor thing is that El'Arboria was promoted very quickly, something which really isn't very Tau. Starting off as a honour guard then leading a large cadre after three years is very fast.
As for a name, how about Saec'yr. It is sort of a combo of Sa'cea and Mont'yr.
Maybe you should write a background of the whole sept.
You should use Aun'to and Por'ui Yua'nai as excuses to make some awesome models. Maybe Aun'to could have banner with symbol that contains all caste icons.
Por'ui Yua'nai could have gifts that people he has visited have given him, like wraithbone staff, ceremonial laspistol, kroot totem etc.

Hope you like these ideas-
Songblade

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 19:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

[quote=O-Kais]

I really like that quote
"Sir, we already burned everything in there...."
"I dont care, SHOOT IT AGAIN! Its the only way to be sure!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyxg
Is it true I can equip a space marine captain with two thunder hammers and terminator armor and on top of that name him MC hammer?
artivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 20:22   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Songblade
They are really cool, and the quotes are superb. The Tau eldar sound awesome, and I like the whole liberal approach they have.
The only minor thing is that El'Arboria was promoted very quickly, something which really isn't very Tau. Starting off as a honour guard then leading a large cadre after three years is very fast.
As for a name, how about Saec'yr. It is sort of a combo of Sa'cea and Mont'yr.
Maybe you should write a background of the whole sept.
You should use Aun'to and Por'ui Yua'nai as excuses to make some awesome models. Maybe Aun'to could have banner with symbol that contains all caste icons.
Por'ui Yua'nai could have gifts that people he has visited have given him, like wraithbone staff, ceremonial laspistol, kroot totem etc.

Hope you like these ideas-
Songblade
I think a Tau can rise up the ranks to Shas'el quickly, if her doing so would in turn serve the Greater Good. One of the merits of the Tau Empire, in my opinion, is that talented individuals can hope for promotion within the confines of their caste.

I like Saec'yr. I will give it thought.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 04:49   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Forgive the double post but I cooked up another character for my force.

Akhorik Graik

A Kroot Shaper who was born outside of Pech on the Tau sept of Tash'var. Nevertheless, Akhorik is a stanch cultural conservative. He believes that his people have the most to gain from their membership in the Tau Empire, but sees no need for the Kroot to abandon their traditions in order to become more Tau-like. The Tau, in Akhorik's opinion, are friends, allies and protectors, but not superiors.

He once told O'Sarin:
"Don't speak to me of a Greater Good. My only wish is for a battle in the morning and a feast of flesh in the evening. And if I should live long enough to see my children rise above me, I shall know my duty was done well."
Old 19 Oct 2007, 16:11   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker

I like it, especially the phrase of O'sarin.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote