Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Genestealer-Tau??
Closed Thread
Old 21 Mar 2005, 14:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to RedMagnus
Default Genestealer-Tau??

Wanting to create a unique theme for my army, I looked for some time for an interesting idea. When reading what price victoy I encountered a story about Genestealer cults. In it, a rogue Inquisitor has in tow a 'stealer-warped Eldar, and says thsat they have reached almost all races. So: has anyone yet done a genestealer-tau-cult army? Use Farsight enclave rules to demonstrate greater cc-proficiency, do some interesting conversions. What I need to know is if anyone has done it yet. Please reply as this has me very excited.

Yeah, I play WoW. So sue me.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 15:32   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Genestealer-Tau??

The fluff about the genestealer cults has been pretty quiet these days. GW has been taking the Tyranids in a different direction since 3rd edition, really. Sometimes storylines get dropped when their creators leave the games development section. I am not sure if that is what happened to the genestealers. I don't see why it couldn't happen. The ethereals would crack down pretty hard on obvious abnormalities, concerned as they are with caste genetics, but it could happen out on the fringes, I suppose. I have a feeling we may see the genestealer cult showing up as an adversaries option in the Alien Hunters codex, so that would be an option.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 16:36   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Excellent.... > I shall rturn... with strangely converted hybrids.

Old 21 Mar 2005, 18:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

some how i think there would never be a genestealer sult tau army but id love to see the ppictures!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 18:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't you worry... I've got it all figured out. Im gonna wait on starting them for real until the new Stealers come out so I can use the tentacled-head. Might start now if I can scrape up the dough, but itll probably take a while.

Old 21 Mar 2005, 18:28   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Give us a picture as soon as possible! PLEASE! i think it will be really cool :P
Old 21 Mar 2005, 18:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I will... However, I need to actually buy the stealers first :-[ Ive got a friend who wants to buy $170 worth of Ogres off of me, and another who wants to buy my Kroot (I cant use them with Farsight rules) So I should get my hands on them in a week or so... sprry to keep you all waiting. I might have an extra arm or two.. Ill see what I can do.

Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

It is entirely feasable and is probably already happening.

I say this because as a precurser to many tyranid assault worlds are often seeded with a genestealer (one is all it takes although it is often a team to ensure one succeeds), and as tyranids are now hitting tau space it seems very likely that this is because some colonies have growing cults and the message has been sent out to the rest of the nids by said cult to indicate a heavily populated region to consume.

'The fluff about the genestealer cults has been pretty quiet these days. GW has been taking the Tyranids in a different direction since 3rd edition, really'

Not really, in the new dex they are releasing a new nid character (broodlord or something like that) who is pretty much a stealer patriarch, plus fluff about stealer cults is just as common.

'The ethereals would crack down pretty hard on obvious abnormalities'

Easier said than done, they way stealer cults work anybody that they first encounter is sort of hypnotised and raped, they give birth to a hybrid and they see it as totally normal, eventually most people see these hybrids as normal , plus the longer it goes on the more like the original race the hybrid look like. It goes right to the top of a society, probably in the case of the tau with a stealer- ethereal so that the people on that world would eventually associate ethereals with bieng 4 armed etc (as with most imperial worlds overtaken when the infestation has grown enough they alter the teachings and most people believe that the emporer has 4 arms etc).

Still, i look forward to the results as ive now read about 20 stories about genestealer cults, always a very interesting read.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:44   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

i have read but a few Veq and its my opinion that the tau empire is too small for a tau genesstealer cult to go unnoticed. Furthermore (being an arrognat and cocky tau fanatic), i beleive tau has what it takes to repel the incoming splinter hive wing attack with no serious consequences happening ;D!
Old 21 Mar 2005, 19:47   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I will probably convert a 4-armed Etherial at some point. In humans g-cult leaders manifest as psychic Magi; in the Tau the magi would be expressed as Etherials as they are the only ones with any possibly latent psychic ability. I was also thinking of converting my Commander to have a scythe-arm or tri-claw bursting out of one side of his Crisis suit - use the rules for O'shovah to get the Monstrous Creature and Breakaway Factions effect... I've got an old Stealer at home and ill se what I can whip up after I get home from school. Im in the process of repainting my entire army anyways so it wont be that hard to change it.

Genestealer cults are almost undetectable and by the time they reach a detectable phase they have already infiltrated those in positions of power. The Tau can repel splinter fleets but who can say what might happen if a space hulk emerged near an outlying tau colony, perhaps while an Etherial was visiting. He might want to go check it out himself... Heh Heh Heh >...

Closed Thread