Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

1,500 Points Mech army-list
Closed Thread
Old 20 Mar 2005, 18:08   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default 1,500 Points Mech army-list

Hey there, i'm new to the forum (but not to tau).
Iv'e been playing tau for around 3 years, from when they came out to be presice, and been playing since with manytypes of lists. My latest favorites are the mech list, and so i came up with this 1.5k thingy, which is going to be fielded vs. Ork Kult of Speed, Ork bad moonz (rokkit-heavy) and some Chaos world-eaters.

HQ
Shas'o - 133
Plasma Rifle
Fusion Blaster
HW Multitracker
Shield generator

ELITES
Crisis battlesuit team #1 - 205
3X missile pods
3X plasma rifles
3X Multitrackers
Bonded

Crisis battlesuit team #2 - 205
3X missile pods
3X plasma rifles
3X Multitrackers
Bonded

Stealth team - 190
6 w/Burst cannons
Bonded

TROOPS
Firewarrior team#1 - 220
11X Pulse rifles
1 Shas'ui w/Pulse rifle
Devilfish APC w/Multitracker

Firewarrior team#1 - 220
11X Pulse rifles
1 Shas'ui w/Pulse rifle

HEAVY SUPPORT
Hammerhead#1 - 165
Railgun
2X Burst cannons
Multitracker
Targetlock

Hammerhead#2 - 165
Railgun
2X Burst cannons
Multitracker
Targetlock

Comes up in total to 1,503 pts.
What do you say?
Old 20 Mar 2005, 18:28   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: 1,500 Points Mech army-list

Welcome aboard Crozius Arcanum! Be sure to read the Forum Rules and enjoy your stay!

As for your list, if you're facing off the Orks and the World Eaters, I'd say you have all your dice in the right places. Although I seem to see a few discrepancies in your points.

Your XV15's cost too much for the listed configuration as well as your Firewarriors are underpriced for theirs.

Now for the list:

HQ:

Your Shas'O is actually good in my books for this purpose. I know many will disagree on this, but I see where you're going with this guy--right in their face. For that purpose you want to hit every time and you want to have some survival with your good number of wounds and shield gen. I think he's solid and will do his job well. But be careful with him--he's awful expensive to lose to a single Rokkit that you fail to save against or a powerfist. I would really suggest a Shas'el with the same weapons and minus the shield gen, just to save points in the 1500 point level games--since you have a lot of other suits already.

Elites:

Solid, though bonding isn't necessary if you want to save a couple of points. 6 Crisis suits is a good number. Some may think it's too much, because it takes away from your Troop or Fast Attack, but I too am a Suit fanatic, so the more the merrier!

The Stealths are fine too, but I personally would lose them in favor of either more troops in this case. They're a great unit, but not against the World Eaters--berserkers will run fast and hard and butcher them. Also, the Orks move quickly too, so you'll have problems with their short range and limited movement with that range. Not really the best unit to throw at them--but they could deepstrike to cause serious problems or infiltrate to pick off a soft target. Personally though, I'd drop them in favor of something with more range, or at least less points (such as a fat squad of infiltrating Kroot--Kroot rock the Orks).

Troops:

Solid Firewarrior squads. I even like the multi-tracker because it's quite useful to fire those weapons against Orks and some fast worldeaters. No issues here other than the price tag is off. I would however, buff the troops perhaps with some cheap Kroot. They're very helpful to mech Tau lists in many regards.

Heavies:

Absolutely fine--though I would stress the Decoy Launcher added to them as it will keep them alive longer. Very important when facing all those Rokkits.

I think you should fare well so long as you pick your targets well and take out the fastest units and transports quickly.

Good luck to you sir!

Old 20 Mar 2005, 19:35   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the comment (and sorry for the miscalculation with the stealth and firewarriors, my memory had misguided me... i took the decoy launchers of...).

About the Shas'o: well, the reason i give him shield generator and keep him Shae's is because he is a flavor unit... he served me well every battle with this very equipment.

About the stealth: well, from my experience, stealth are always great. even though they are categorized as short-ranged operators, their extra move allows them to shoot and go back to a distance of up to 24" from the enemy. it's a distance that will take time even for berserkers to cover... 3 pulse shots + stealth suit is something that i can't lose when facing orks. and yes, even against berserkers their massed firepower should prove deadly.

About kroot: my last list had within it lots of kroot, you're right, they ARE great (so great that i have a small but functional kroot mercenaries army list from chapter approved), but unlike the previews "hybrid" list, this one is all about pure 12"+ movement... so i guess that leaves the kroot outside.

Thanks for the comment!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:39   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

HQ
Shas'o - 133
Plasma Rifle
Fusion Blaster
HW Multitracker
Shield generator

ELITES
Crisis battlesuit team #1 - 205
3X missile pods
3X plasma rifles
3X Multitrackers
Bonded

Crisis battlesuit team #2 - 205
3X missile pods
3X plasma rifles
3X Multitrackers
Bonded

Stealth team - 190
6 w/Burst cannons
Bonded

TROOPS
Firewarrior team#1 - 220
11X Pulse rifles
1 Shas'ui w/Pulse rifle

Firewarrior team#1 - 220
11X Pulse rifles
1 Shas'ui w/Pulse rifle

HEAVY SUPPORT
Hammerhead#1 - 165
Railgun
2X Burst cannons
Multitracker
Targetlock

Hammerhead#2 - 165
Railgun
2X Burst cannons
Multitracker
Targetlock

not bad, but drop the MT's on the fishes and give all the skimmers DL, it'll keep them alive for a lot longer.

the Shas'o's loadout is an issue, I'd recommend dropping him to a fireknife 'El so you can give the HH's SMS and sprinkle the extra points into bonding the FoF.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Closed Thread