Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I need to beat the nids
Closed Thread
Old 20 Mar 2005, 13:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default I need to beat the nids

Hello my fellows i'm a new TAU player and i like much my army....
unfortunately TAU are't very wise when comes on the playing table....
In fact my opponent playing nids usually beats me preety easly....
I'm new to TAU so i'm seeking for some advice to try to beat this disgusting bug!!!
O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild, and freak out an' do anything they wanna do"
Old 20 Mar 2005, 15:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: I need to beat the nids

Welcome to the aboard Aglim! Be sure to read the Forum Rules and enjoy your stay!

If you could give us which models you own, the army list you use, and possibly a run down of what your opponent has (the Tyranid player) then I'm sure we could easily give you good information without suggesting you purchase tons of new models and all that.

But before that comes, I can definately give you one single piece of advise: Armor (Devilfish / Hammerhead). I'm hoping you have at least the Fish!
And one more secret weapon: Kroot. Lots and lots of cheap guns and bodies is a fantastic weapon against the bugs.

Tyranid are one of the tougher races for Tau simply because they have more bodies than you have guns and can move faster than you can, and worst of all, they spend their best moments in close combat, where they rip the Tau to shreds, since we Firewarriors are not noteworthy in combat. Not to mention the kinds of heacaches a fast moving Hive Tyrant can give anyone, especially the Tau. And if they're fearless or have a Hive Node mutant it makes them even more dangerous since you cannot break their synapsis at that point.

So get your pulse rifles and Kroot carnivores and pull up a chair!
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Best advice I can offer for the nids since ive only played them once, is that their toughness is three and a sub shot from a rail gun could instakill them.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 21:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Everything in the Tyranid army with a toughness of 3, only has roughly 1 wound for the most part, so that isn't going to help us. The submunition round will wound virtually everything short of the monstrous creatures in the Tyranid arsenal on a 2+ which means easy, and will pierce all their armor with the AP4. Submunitions work wonders on Tyranid.

But we don't even know if he has a Hammerhead.

As soon as he returns with more information, I'm sure everyone will have quite a good bunch of tips for him
Old 20 Mar 2005, 22:37   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Nids have two weaknesses;
Shooting at tanks (ESPECIALLY skimmers)
shoot the big ones; LOS is never blocked by a tyranid unit. (so gaunts couldn't block LOS to a hive tyrant, for instance)

Nids are VERY succeptible to the Mech Tau army, which you can discover here; http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/%7Eleebj/index.html

use at least 2 hammerheads in games of 1500+ with railguns; they are extremely difficult to destroy and are extremely effective against EVERY tyranid.

Mount every fw squad; nids quickly overrun fixed positions.

If you bring kroot, back them up! Don't leave them behind to die. If using Mech Tau, use kroot as a lure. You know the nids will hit them because everything else is mobile, so plan for it.

Crisis suits with PR, MP, MT (fireknife config) are a must
pathfinders are as effective as always; but don't get to close to the nids. If your opponent gets a lucky roll, hormagaunts can move 24" in one turn!

Stealth really aren't as effective because their range is 18". Unless you are REALLY good at judging distances, don't take them.

Remember FISH OF FURY!!!! Read the website to find out what it is, then use it! You can even have crisis suits follow the fishes and use them as mobile cover against assault.

Those are some general tips, but if you want more specific ones, what sort of army does your nid friend wield?
Old 20 Mar 2005, 22:48   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

How to beat nids

-Take 2 hammerheads
-Take over 32 fire warriors min.
Old 20 Mar 2005, 23:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Just a note to clear up any misconception:

Shooting the big ones no longer exists. Screening no longer exists. The way this works now, is that you do not have to pass leadership tests for target priority. This is very helpful for your crisis suits because you can fire at the Warriors behind the gaunts without passing a leadership test now.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 00:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

It's the same thing really... you can see every unit in every army now, it's just that against tyranids you don't need to check ld to shoot at a farther target.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 00:48   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to joeboy77

Absolutely NO broadsides (great strength shot, but can only make 1 of them)

LOTS of FW in Fishes and hammerheds

O0

So get off yer butt and go for your dreams !!

Please Visit http://www.forevermorejewellery.com

Do you know that WoW spelled backwards is WoW ??

Read it upside down, it spells MoM...

Freakky
Old 21 Mar 2005, 15:11   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

i really wish you would post what you have. me personally im a fish of fury/ stealth suit/HH fan.in my army of 2000 i take 48 firewarriors in devilfish (800 points) 3 hammerheads with railguns (about 555 points) 18 stealths (540 points) and a pretty wimpy shas'el to make up the defference. >
Closed Thread