Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau with gory trophies?
Old 07 Oct 2007, 13:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Tau with gory trophies?

I'm quite keen to put some bloody trophies on my vehicles and maybe battlesuits, but I thought that's more of an orky/Chaos thing to do. Will I be arrested by the Fluff Police if I gave my Tau trophies? I could give them to my yet-to-be-built Kroot, but I'm planning on making a Farsight army. But as Farsight has turned a bit Marlin Brando (Apocalypse Now), that might make a bit more sence to give his Enclave trophies.

Even if it is ok fluff-wise to give my Farsight bloody trophies, there will still be one problem. My Farsight army has to forget about it's blood-brotherhood and join the Empire whenever I play a <1500 battle. >
Old 07 Oct 2007, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Tau with gory trophies?

I believe it will be more appropriate for kroot...In fact I'm currently getting a few head bits to add on my krootox and give them a bit more of the carnivore/savage feel to them.

As for the Tau, even the farsight Enclave, I'm not sure they would sink so low, heck they disagree with some of the kroots practices, but still keep them because they are useful. And you got to keep in mind that the farsight Enclave doesn't use kroots.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2007, 14:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well I don't see much problem with it, so long as they don't have skulls strapped to their waist and spiky bits adoring the vehicles. So long as it doesn't have an impact on their combat efficiency I can think in isolated cases a Tau Shas'la may pick up a shard of power armour or the bloody cap of an Imperail Officer.

But as soon as they go home (barracks etc.) it would be likely to be left there even if they didn't keep it (convert it into a hologram and then get rid of it, that kind of thing).

So perhaps a couple of convertions, but not a whole army full of heads on spikes me thinks...

...Its only my opinion,
Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2007, 15:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
Well I don't see much problem with it, so long as they don't have skulls strapped to their waist and spiky bits adoring the vehicles. So long as it doesn't have an impact on their combat efficiency I can think in isolated cases a Tau Shas'la may pick up a shard of power armour or the bloody cap of an Imperail Officer.
hehe i just thought of a fire warrior power armour, ohh thats sweet, (would kinda look like shadow sun)
Old 07 Oct 2007, 15:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'La

I'm not planning to make my Tau look like somekind of Chaos-Tau, its just a little something to give them some customisation. Being a Ghost in the Shell fan, I have thought of semi-converting my Crisis suits to Tachikomas; but I'll just paint/add little things such as their eyes and antenne. I'm not going to give them large semi-circular heads or four legs etc, as they would just look too weird and un-Tau-like, plus they might be illigal and "WTF" in tournaments. It would have been so much easier if I was a Gundam fan :

But the Crisis suits have those circular things on the sides of their packs- which is the same place where the tachikomas have their circular web slingers. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genmotty
hehe i just thought of a fire warrior power armour, ohh thats sweet, (would kinda look like shadow sun)
Ah, Terminator spam Tau style Well you never know, maybe Apocalypse will offer something like that. Auxiliary Terminators anyone? :