Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Anti-Tank Crisis
Closed Thread
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Anti-Tank Crisis

I've just found out that I'll be playing a Imperial Guard Armoured Company on Sunday (at my local club) and I need some advice as to what you think about my "Anti-Tank" Crisis Suit Configuration (I only have 1 HH at the moment):

3 Man Crisis Team:
- Shas'ui: Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster, Multi-Tracker
- Shas'ui: Twin-Linked Missile Pod, Target Lock
- Shas'ui: Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster, Target Lock
- Bonded = 180pts

I used the First Shas'ui to get a all-around tank hunter, followed up by a TL Fusion Blaster suit.* In order to back up the lack of range from the TL FB, I took a Tl Missile Pod to add some range and damage.

I believe that I can make these guys tactically flexable so that they can either field normally (Missile Pods for Range) or Deep Strike (Fusion Blasters) and lock onto three different targets/turn.

What'chu think? Any comments/tactics?
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88
Default Re: Anti-Tank Crisis

yeah pretty good...but IMO just pick 1 thing for your suits 2 do; either close range or long. however, w/only 1 HH (any broadsides?)vs AC i'd go for the close range for some serious armour-busting, since the mp can't even hurt a russ
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:28   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Jonathan

You've made the most with what you have but its riskey, if the suits come under battle cannon or earthshaker fire they could drop very fast and the 1 HH would be a sitting duck for the IG anti-tank weapons, Whats the points of the game going to be?
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

No...I only have one HH and no broadsides! :'( I really need to beef up my Heavy support...thank the greater good that it is only a 750pt game!

As for the close vs. long range discussion...I decided to take a mixture of both, since I have no idea what mission we will be playing. I would like deep strike rules (go Fusions) but I may not be so lucky...And how many tanks can a Armoured Company field in a 750 game? 4-5 tanks? ;D
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Split up all the suits into separate slots. It'll save you the bother of bonding them (which isn't worth it anyways) and will help protect against pie-plates. What are you putting on your 'el?

Personally I think you'd be well served by a unit of 8 drones - if they can deep strike they're very handy for poking holes in tanks from the back side. Stealth suits do it even better.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:36   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

oh I see.
hmm...that's a problem. I guess that yeah, you've got the best config for your crisis suits now, tho waldo's right...splitting them up is probly your best bet
I hope that you're playing on a big board..maybe then you can keep your railhead away from imp anti-tank junk

yuk...well good luck!
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

You could get away with it then as your oponent will not have a huge amount of big guns but still riskey
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:40   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Shaso-Nan

well, my freinds, who are also my opponents, keep telling me that the plasma guns are good for just about everyhting. But, as i often have to face tehm in an upcomeing game, this may be faulty intel... :P

Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

LIES tau plasma is not good against med-heavy tanks It is only good against light tanks and light-med-heavy infantry
Old 18 Mar 2005, 21:44   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Bah...I wish I could split up my Crisis suits...but I already have a Stealth suit purchased in there as well...maybe I could make a squad of 1 and another squad of 2? (Therefore ignoring bonding becuase the unit will never be below 50%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan
LIES tau plasma is not good against med-heavy tanks only light tanks and light-med-heavy infantry
Yes Plasma is good, but it is not good enough to tangle with 14 - 12 armour!
Closed Thread