Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Go time
Closed Thread
Old 17 Mar 2005, 16:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Go time

Ok....so after picking up a few codexes, and some angsting...I've finally narrowed my decision down to finishing my Eldar army, and/or starting my core 1k pt Tau army.. Not an easy decision to make, since, apart from the financial considerations, both have their pro's and cons...neither army is very tough, and both have units that are very specialized.

The Eldar are gonna take longer to finish as well...what with all the painting I'm gonna need to do...the tau would go much faster, since the paint scheme is much simpler...but I don't know which I army I like better...decisions decisions...buy'em both! Shut up, little voice in my head!...lol

Anyways...I was wondering if anyone knew of a good, reliable place to buy 40k stuff online at discount, in the US. I don't want to make a major purchase, come to find out the business is wanted by the Federal B.I and the B.B.B.

Also, the carrying case that GW makes doesn't have allotments for vehicles...I figure you can cut the foam to compensate...has anyone here tried this, and if so, how'd it work out? Both Tau and Eldar armies will have at least 1 vehicle...so any reccomendations will be appreciated..

thanks,

-M
Old 17 Mar 2005, 16:11   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Go time

I just cut the foam to make a space.* The same goes for the battlesuits.* You will find that those cases are designed more for Fantasy than for 40K.* 40K models tend to occupy more space than their Fantasy counterparts, and sometimes you will have to remove sections of foam to accommodate a sword or bulky gun.
Old 17 Mar 2005, 16:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Personally,

Neil at www.theWarstore.com is my personal favorite - he has always come through for me...

Regarding transporting - I got one of those nifty Sabol Army Transports and did the punch outs in the foam trays.
Worked great for the suits

Dave Gaidasz
Old 17 Mar 2005, 18:22   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for the WEarstore reccomendation...I'll check it out.

I was considering the Army transport thing...but I've never seen one in use...

How do the figures lay in say, a 1" foam tray? Also, how many figs can a 1" tray hold...is that standing up or laying down?

Thanks,

-M
Old 18 Mar 2005, 00:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

2nd the warstore motion
Old 18 Mar 2005, 01:11   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Death-Merchant

i think you should go with tau....mostly because you have to buy a lot of metal 2 figure guys 2 reapers 2 fire dragons 2 howling banshees and god knows how many tanks you get and if you feel like being crazy an avatar.

but tau its pretty much battlesuits fire warriors tanks

hope this helps at all O0
Old 18 Mar 2005, 02:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

the warstore is the general favourite in the us, and Sabol is recommended highly by those in the know, personally I'd just cut somesections out if I were you, the Sabol case seems far too big for my uses.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 18 Mar 2005, 17:40   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

But Dizzy,

I got 5000+ points of Tau... I can't FIT them all in the Army Transport any more... ;D
the GW cases are WAY too small at that point...

I found that the 1 3/4" inch trays absolutely ROCK for Marines though - punch out 4 of the squares and a marine fits vertically perfectly. I can fit 2 full Tactical squads plus some extra guys per tray with ZERO chance of damage. Realy useful going to tourneys and you don't want to scuff that potentially award winning paint job...

The shallow trays work great with the fire warriors if you punch 6 and sit the little buggers horizontally -one 12 man squad and assorted other figures fit that way... again handy for preventing damage to units.

Dave Gaidasz
Old 18 Mar 2005, 18:30   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Well...it looks like I may need more than one case, as my Eldar army is one Wave Serpent away from being completed, and my Tau are a Battle Force, HH and 5 Stealths away from being finished...for now...muahahaha.

The real reason to buy the Sabol caseis because one really just needs to buy one standard army transport, and a bunch of the trays to store minis when not in use. This way, they're all protected, catagorized and I can just pack whatever army I need and go. The others hang back on the shelf and play nice.

But yea, Dizzy's right...the Sabol cases are a bit cumbersome...I like the GW case because of it's slim profile, and portability. But Sabol's case has pockets for dice, manuals etc etc...

Might just buy one of each...lol.

Hmmm...can you actually fit a HH into a GW case?

-M
Old 18 Mar 2005, 19:13   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739

I would personally not blow $50 bucks on a stupid case. Why does GW overprice their stuff ??? I mean come on give us a break.

Anyway I use tackleboxes

And there only like $2

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
Closed Thread