Warhammer 40K Forum

First Tau List (1,500 pts)
Closed Thread
Old 14 Mar 2005, 05:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default First Tau List (1,500 pts)

HQ (294pts)
1x Crisis Commander Shas'o*
Commander- Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multi-Tracker,H.W. Target Lock,H.W. Blacksun Filter
2x Crisis Bodyguard Shas'vre
Bodyguard- (both have) Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Multitracker,H.W. Target Lock, Bonded

Troops (660pts)
12x Fire Warriors- Devilfish w/ 2 Seeker Missles, Bonded
12x Fire Warriors- Bonded
12x Fire Warriors- Bonded
14x Kroot Warriors-Shaper,+6 save to all

Fast Attack (160pts)
5x Pathfinder Squad- Markerlight, Bonded
5x Pathfinder Squad- Markerlight, Bonded

Elite (200pts)
6x Stealth Suit- Leader w/ Markerlight, Bonded

Heavy Support (180pts)
1x Broadside Shas'vre- H.W. Multi-Tracker
1x Broadside Shas'vre- H.W. Multi-Tracker
Total: 1494pts

I intend to infiltrate my Stealth Suits for either Markerlighting for my seeker missiles or use them to attend to any situation that i might come across.* I'll use the Pathfinders to Markerlight for my broadsides.* I use the Kroot as defense for my two Fire Warrior squads on foot.* I use the Devilfish full of Fire Warriors to close of any flanks that might open up during the game.* I'll take the Commander and his Bodyguard for taking out the enemies HQ's.* And the Broadsides for vehicles.* Any suggestions would be very helpful, Thanks.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 05:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer
Default Re: First Tau List (1,500 pts)

Drop the 'O to an 'El, its cheaper and more effective for the points, drop the bodyguards aswell, the IC rule is much more protection than the bodyguards offer.

Kroot save is a bad thing, cost too much and most weapons ignore it, Ld8 isnt worth it either :P, just take 20 man mobs.

I'd be swapping one of the BS for a HH, the sub is just too good to pass up.

pathfinders must have a fish, no option.

and those FW need to be mounted, also take Shas'ui, its better for them than bonding, so mount the FW or swap them for Kroot, and about 50/50 kroot/Fish squads is good if you want to go heavy on kroot.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 14 Mar 2005, 18:09   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

So i take it that only one person finds something wrong with this list?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 18:41   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I agree about the Kroot. The 6+ save will probably only help you in close combat, and Kroot should normally be getting a cover save of 5+ or better. The shaper is too expensive for what he adds. The pathfinders have to have a devilfish per their rules, and that is going to force a lot of alterations in your list. Remove the bodyguards and make them seperate elite choices. That saves you the target lock and gives you more flexibility. I have to disagree with Dizzy about the Shas'O. I find the added cost from an 'El to be worth it in most situations. Dizzy is definitely right about the Hammerhead, though. It is almost essential in most circumstances. I personally like using the two-unit FoF better than the one-unit, so I would also suggest mounting another squad of Fire Warriors.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 19:57   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to fire warrior 65 Send a message via MSN to fire warrior 65

that sounds like a nice army list that is one army that might work but what if you changed it to fit more troops that way you would have a lot more fire power with more of the troop in stead loss some battle suits
Old 14 Mar 2005, 20:32   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

If someone good with math will come and explain why the 'El is more number crunchy effective for his points? *pepper?* :P

and o contrare, I could see this army loosing a troop real fast, it needs more toys
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:55   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

What is the "IC Rule"???
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

independent character rule
independent characters can't be targeted unless they're the closest unit

I'd drop the bodyguard for a seperate crisis team, maybe sqeeze in a 3rd fireknife suit

Also, drop the bonding, go for the shas'ui upgrade

And drop the broadsides, get a hammerhead

More fishes would be nice, but i don't think u can afford them pointwise to stay @1500 pts. u might even have 2 drop a pathfinder squad since u need a fish for pfs
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 14 Mar 2005, 22:52   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
If someone good with math will come and explain why the 'El is more number crunchy effective for his points? *pepper?* :P

and o contrare, I could see this army loosing a troop real fast, it needs more toys
Oh, I believe you that the 'El is more cost-effective if you factor kills/turn. The 'O just get +1 to hit. However, he also gets the extra wound, and that has helped me enough in the past that I'll pay for it. It all comes down to how you use your commander. If you plan to rely on the IC rules all the time, by all means take the 'El.
Old 14 Mar 2005, 22:52   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

This is my revised list if you see anything illegal let me know i had no idea about the whole Pathfinder thing. *I think this list is a good 50/50 balance of anti-armor and anti-infranty. *I decided to make the two Crisis's as seperate Elitle choices so there would be more flexibility

HQ (138pts)
1x Crisis Commander Shas'o *
Commander- Missile Pod, Plasma Rifle, Shield Generator, H.W. Multitracker, H.W. Blacksun Filter

Troops (690pts)
12x Fire Warriors- Devilfish
12x Fire Warriors- Devilfish
12x Fire Warriors- Shas'ui, Markerlight, Bonded
20x Kroot Warrior Squad

Elite (336pts)
5x Stealth Suit- Leader w/ Markerlight, Bonded
1x Crisis Shas'vre- Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker, H.W. Blacksun Filter
1x Crisis Shas'vre- Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod, Multi-Tracker, H.W. Blacksun Filter

Heavy Support (335pts)
1x Broadside Shas'vre- Multi-Tracker
1x Broadside Shas'vre- Multi-Tracker
Hammerhead- Rail Gun, Smart Missiles, Multi-Tracker, Target Lock, Decoy Launchers, Blacksun Filter

Total= 1499pts
Closed Thread