Warhammer 40K Forum

1511 pt Tau
Closed Thread
Old 14 Mar 2005, 00:14   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Shaso-Nan
Default 1511 pt Tau

HQ- 163
Shas'O w/ body guard. both have twin linked missle systems, mulit tracker. Comander has flamer, and body guard has plasma rifle

Elites- 217
Stealth suits: 4 sahs'ui, 1 shas,vre with hardwired multi tracker adn target lock

Troops- 279 x2
x2 teams of 12 warriors, all bonded, with a comander, and the comander has a markerlight and hardwired targetlock

Fast Atack- 218
Pathfinder team: 7 pathfiners, a comander, emp and photon grenades, bonded
Devilfish transport w/ disruption pod, multi tracker, decoy launcher, and 1 seeker missle

Heavy suport- 165; 95 x2
Hammerhead gunship: railgun, 2 burst cannons, multi tracker and decoy launchers
Broadsides x2: smart missle system, multi tracker, and sheild genorator.

Well, what do you think?

Old 14 Mar 2005, 00:58   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: 1511 pt Tau

I'm a little confused by your elite entry, but I'm bait:

HQ:

Why does your BS5 Commander Shas'O have a flamer? That should really be on that bodyguard instead. The plasma rifle should be on the commander where it will be best fired. Also, your commander does not need his weapons twin-linked. You can configure him pure fireknife as you have it almost, and be totally benefited. The bodyguard could tote the flamer and a twinlinked missile pod should that be your cup of tea still though (though personally, I'd advise you to go solo with your commander and move this bodyguard to an elite slot).

Elite:

Are these stealths? Crisis? What weapons? I'm guessing more Crisis, but what guns?

Troops:

Looks ok but why the marekerlights? You only have one seeker missile and you have a pathfinder squad. I would save the points and lose the markerlights and target locks here. Otherwise, looks fine.

Fast:

Pathfinders with heft investment. I would definately lose the emp and photon grenades as they'll never use them while sitting still to use markerlights (hopefully!). Also, the devilfish would be fine with just the decoy launchers. The rest are empty points (maybe switch for more seeker missiles if you like them). Though personally I wouldn't take seeker missiles, they're an all or nothing type weapon.

Heavy:

The hammerhead looks good.

The broadsides really don't need the shield generators. I would save those points and simply keep them near cover as that is free.

With all the saved points, you might be able to afford a gundrone squad fast attack or some kroot perhaps
Old 14 Mar 2005, 01:00   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Shas'o should be a Shas'el; it will decrease your investment into one character who could lose all of his wounds instantly quite easily. *Bodyguard aren't worth it unless you give them hardwired equipment; their increase in ws is unneccessary. *If you want a survivable commander, he's already an independent character. *Keep him 6" or less from a friendly unit and he can't be targeted for shooting!

For your elites, are those stealths? *really can't tell. *If they're crisis, they have no weapons, and theres too many of them.
(bty, shas'vre upgrade isn't worth it. *if you wan't hard wired, go for the team leader upgrade, not the shas'vre. *It costs 1/2 as much! *If they're stealth, only take 4 un-upgraded ones to save points off useless upgrades.

Fw's; see the earlier post about eqquipping them; it was agreed that bonding was not worth it, nor markerlights.

Your pathfinders might go for some more seeker missiles, but they're ok.

gunship needs a target lock, IMO. * It really does wonders if you want to target tanks and infantry at the same time, and for only a few points.

each broadside has a shield generator? *If you aren't facing ordanance, forget the shield gens and just stick them in cover for tank sniping. *If there is ordanance in your opponents army with ap 2 or less.... bring shields. *(demolisher)

With some work, could be pretty good.

I'd take;

Shas'el fireknife config

6 stealth suits
2 fireknife crisis

2X 12 FW's with shas'ui upgrade
2X devilfish with decoy launchers
20 kroot, no upgrades

8 pathfinders with shas'ui upgrade
devilfish with decoy launchers and 3 seeker missiles

hh with railgun, burst cannons, MT, decoy, target lock
2 broadsides; one with MT, one with target lock

That'l be 1506 there

Use a mobile/static element;
static fortifies itself and lays down fire on the most important targets (broadsides)
Everything else uses it's mobility to attack all at once in a relatively small portion of the enemy's line and pulling back before the enemy can respond effectively.

remember; terrain should be 25% of the table (that's 6 square feet on a 6X4 board) so use it to your advantage to keep out of the enemy's gunsights until you strike.

BTY, which armies are you going to be playing vs?
Old 14 Mar 2005, 01:53   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

I'd like to chime in and lend my support to Khalduns list, its pretty much 100% what I would have dont to your list, the origonal one had some real odd choices as well as some undecipherable notation :P.

but yes a quick rundown of your opponents and their armies would be helpful

Khalduns current list Dizzy approved
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 14 Mar 2005, 02:19   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739

I would agree that Khalduns improved list is good

Although I would take those 2 fireknife Crisis suits and make them monats, or in other words two seperate squads. 2 Crisis suits is the worst number to have in a squad. If one dies the other as to take AOYO tests every turn which realy stinks

other wise I would go with Khalduns list except make the Crisis suits monats

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
Old 14 Mar 2005, 02:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

I thought that was a given :P, thats how I saw the list when I read it .

but yes, they are monats, or single man squads for the uninitiated :P
go here
Old 14 Mar 2005, 20:40   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well, most of the set ups involving the fire warriors and broadsides are because of past experiences with my army. Originally, i didn't have the path finders, an the stealth suits are a very recent addition. So i had equipped the firewarrior teams with marker lights to aid my hammerhead. The pathfinders ended up getting pretty close to some action in the previous game, and i also wanted to see just how effectively i could use the emp grenades. I've never used the disruption pods either, and i wanted to see how those would fare in combat. On bonding, i guess i don't need that, because i often lose all my fire warriors in one fell swoop. ><

I guess i wasn't thinking when i gave the HQ a flamer, so i guess I'll switch that around with the body guard, but i didn't have a flamer in my last battle, and i could have really used that. I'll leave the rocket pods, because these are quite effective in combat, esp backing up my fire warriors.

I dont have kroot, or extra crisis suits, or devilfish, or money, or a job. that should sum up why my army isn't bigger pretty good.

Some of the extras are just there to take up points. I needed to beef my army up some before to get 1500 pts, but i guess i could start being a little more selective. I think I'm getting my army fine tuned better as i go along, but i still have alot more battles to fight before i get it to maximum effectiveness.

oh, and what is fireknife?

Old 14 Mar 2005, 20:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

PR,MP,MT.

have 20 kroot?

maybe you should be thinking about just playing 1k until you can afford some fishes :P
go here
Old 14 Mar 2005, 21:10   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

oh yea, i'll be playing necrons, imp guards, chaos marines, space marines, eldar, dark eldar, someone said something about starting an ork army, annnd... i think thats it. Just about everthing then? >>

Old 15 Mar 2005, 18:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

What models, exactly, DO you have then?