IG vs Tau
Closed Thread
Old 09 Mar 2005, 23:04   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default IG vs Tau

who would win?
Old 09 Mar 2005, 23:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88
Default Re: IG vs Tau

um it depends on a LOT... GW works hard to make all armies equal so it depends on the skill level of the players and just plain luck, and dice (i hate dice...)
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 09 Mar 2005, 23:37   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I HATE THE GAURD!!!* >* I think them and the space marines are way to over amped. Some of the stuff they can do with their armys really p****s me off. Tau need to be redone cause they are supposed to be all super at shooting and they arnt even that good.
Old 09 Mar 2005, 23:44   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Not really much to work with on this thread.

So if we expand it to discuss how Tau perform against guard and tactics strategies to use against them it should be ok.

People who simply stand and shoot with Tau will of course be beat by Guard. This is because that is waht Guard are supposed to do, the Tau aren't.

'I HATE THE GAURD!!! I think them and the space marines are way to over amped. Some of the stuff they can do with their armys really p****s me off'

They are two of the most balanced armies around, your reason for believing this probably has something to do with:

'Tau need to be redone cause they are supposed to be all super at shooting and they arnt even that good.'

No, they aren't supposed to be 'super shooty'. The Tau will not win in a straight out trade off of firepower with very shooty marine lists or Guard. The Tua's strength is in Mobile Firepower. Yes they rely on shooting but they aren't a brute force of fire shooting force, the tau list and fluff both support this.
Old 09 Mar 2005, 23:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739

REMEMBER you can still beat IG if you stand and shoot and you can still loss if your mobile.

It's all about luck with the dice and of course strategies and tactics

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
Old 09 Mar 2005, 23:55   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

against guard:
I'd definitely play a mech list or at least a hybrid list vs. guard.
Fish-mounted fw teams can take advantage of their superior mobility to stay ahead of the Guard hordes. Also, a FoF or Double FoF can mow down scores of guard.
Hammerhead is VITAL in my opinion... submunition rounds can clear out MASSES of huddling helpless guardsmen with ease and the railgun can kill leman russes---not exactly w/ease, but not w/2 much difficulty.
xv15s are also great vs. guard; they can kill tons of them w/their burst cannons
I'd either equip the crisis suits for mass infantry killing (burst cannon, missle pod or flamer?) or just leave them out altogether; stealths excel vs. guard but @ less points

overall, i'd say mobility is the key to stay ahead of the footsloggers. i'd get lots of fish-mounted fw and make sure to bring @ least 1 Rail-head to the fray

Hope that was helpfull...and mostly coherent :P
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth_cat_xv15

against guard:
I'd definitely play a mech list or at least a hybrid list vs. guard.*
Fish-mounted fw teams can take advantage of their superior mobility to stay ahead of the Guard hordes.* Also, a FoF or Double FoF can mow down scores of guard.*
Hammerhead is VITAL in my opinion... submunition rounds can clear out MASSES of huddling helpless guardsmen with ease and the railgun can kill leman russes---not exactly w/ease, but not w/2 much difficulty.*
xv15s are also great vs. guard; they can kill tons of them w/their burst cannons
I'd either equip the crisis suits for mass infantry killing (burst cannon, missle pod or flamer?) or just leave them out altogether; stealths excel vs. guard but @ less points

overall, i'd say mobility is the key to stay ahead of the footsloggers. i'd get lots of fish-mounted fw and make sure to bring @ least 1 Rail-head to the fray

Hope that was helpfull...and mostly coherent* :P
Only problem is heavy weapons that will still get ya' :P

Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yeah, that's a problem.
However, the rail-head's submunition round is still pretty good against them, right? I'm not sure, but I think a pie plate could do some serious damage to the heavies

also, if you've got a lot o' skimmers and you move them, skimmers moving fast combined w/decoy launchers will make them hard to crack. Then, if your suits keep dodging into cover, that should certainly reduce the threat from the heavies...right?
Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:22   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes railgun submitions are a guardsmens worse nightmare.

Old 10 Mar 2005, 00:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

lol once i cleaned out an enemy command squad w/a well-placed submunition...killing hq's w/submunitions--it's fun!
Closed Thread