Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

economy crisis suit config. questions
Old 04 Aug 2007, 00:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default economy crisis suit config. questions

first question...do u HAVE to have 3 weapons/systems on a suit? i dont have my codex with me, so pardon me. and if it says you do, does it specify. like can you have 3 weapons and no systems? or 2 systems and 1 weapon?

you dont have to have a muti tracker if you are using TL weapons right?

cuz i want cheap suits that are still effective. so this would work best right?

a crisis shas'ui with TL missle pods and some support system. what systems work well on a deathrain?

here's why i started this thread...
can someone show me their configurations for cheap suits so i can have points for other things?

(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
malay melee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2007, 00:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: economy crisis suit config. questions

you MUST equip three hardpoints either with single weapons (1 hardpoint) twinlinked weapons (2 hardpoints) and or a support system.* Wargear from the wargear column including hardwired support systems DO NOT count towards this number. Personally I think a good set up for efficency is MP, FB, MT though I think you will find that the Fireknife (Plamsa Rifle, Missle Pod, Multitracker) will be more useful

[size=smaller]Removed individual point costs. -mace[/size]

Edit: Removed Points Sorry
Old 04 Aug 2007, 00:50   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to EOAdonis

Well first of all, chryos, you shouldn't post the points of items, it's against the forum rules. So I'd recommend altering your post soon.

As for the original question, if you're looking for a cheap third system for deathrains, then the blacksun filter is the cheapest. Although, if you have the points, a target array is a nice way to make the suit even more reliable.

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."
EOAdonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2007, 00:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by malay melee
first question...do u HAVE to have 3 weapons/systems on a suit? i dont have my codex with me, so pardon me. and if it says you do, does it specify. like can you have 3 weapons and no systems? or 2 systems and 1 weapon?
Yes, the codex states that a Battlesuit MUST take 3 weapon and/or support systems. On a Battlesuit, you can have any combination of support and weapon systems. You can have three weapon systems, two support systems and a weapon, you may combine them in whatever fashion you fancy. (Although I don't know how efficient a 3 support system suit would be...)

Quote:
you dont have to have a muti tracker if you are using TL weapons right?
If your suit already has a twin-linked weapon, then the Multi-Tracker will be totally useless. If your suit on the other hand has twin-linked weapon, along side another weapon, you can (and should) have hardwired Multi-Tracker, but this option is only available to team leaders, Shas'vre and Commander Battlesuits. Normal Shas'ui Battlesuits are unable to take anything from the armoury so putting a twin-linked weapon and another weapon system is not the greatest idea. (Not to mention that suits fitted like that are usually expensive point-wise).

Quote:
cuz i want cheap suits that are still effective. so this would work best right?

a crisis shas'ui with TL missle pods and some support system. what systems work well on a deathrain?
The Deathrain configuration is a very cheap suit with a fair amount of firepower. They can bust light and medium armour and go after other tougher infantry that maybe your troops need help with. In regards to support systems, there are three that I would put on the Deathrain. Those are the Blacksun Filter (to help with night fighting missions). Target Lock (so that the suits in your squad can engage multiple targets at once), or the Targetting Array (To improve accuracy). Try experimenting with the three systems I suggested to see which one you are most comfortable.

Hope this helps,

Snowbird

[size=smaller]Karma cookie for you =) -mace[/size]

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage
The sacrament of Dakka can be expressed only by those who have experienced it. It is a holy sacrament (of fire) that states "We are firing our guns at you. Die."
The Canadian Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Aug 2007, 00:56   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i was considering that, but i mean look at drones for example. TL BS2 and they are more likely to hit than fire warriors. so TL BS3 is even more probable.

as for the blacksun filter... i do not understand what it does. i thought it was for nightfighting or something. could someone explain what it does?

(\_/) this is bunny
Old 04 Aug 2007, 00:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It is indeed for nightfighting, not really all that useful.
Old 04 Aug 2007, 01:00   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

wait...

so can you have a suit with for example... TL burst cannons and a missle pod? or can you have 3 completely different weapons on a suit? like burst cannon, missle pod, and fusion blaster?

i know these questions are very nooby so thank you guys for bearing with me ;D

(\_/) this is bunny
Old 04 Aug 2007, 01:05   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

and one more thing i just thought of...

does anyone here play farsight??? cuz i am pretty sure you can use alot more crisis suits in a farsight army than a regular tau army. and you could have many cheap, yet reliable/powerful/versatile suits. the tau players at the GW i go to (all 3 of them, counting me) dont use many crisis suits usually because of the prices. we all tend to bring alot of fire warriors and such, so i was thinking about changing things up a bit with a farsight army.

correct me if im wrong, because i am tinkering with the farsight army idea. better to be corrected now, before i try playing someone, lol.

(\_/) this is bunny
Old 04 Aug 2007, 01:09   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via ICQ to Dagonus Send a message via AIM to Dagonus

For the deathrain, I like the flamer. Barely costs more than the Black Sun, but you'll get more use out of it. BBQ Ork is nice.

You can have TL Burst and a Missile pod but you can only fire the BCs and the MP in the same turn if you have a HWMT and that can only be done if you upgrade to a Shas'Vre

You can have 3 completely different weapons on a suit like that but its terribly inefficient because the Multitracker lets you fire two weapons in one turn, not 3.
Quote:
cuz i am pretty sure you can use alot more crisis suits in a farsight army than a regular tau army.
Technically it depends if you count Broadsides or not. With Broadsides counting its the regular army that can field more. Without them counting then its the Farsight army, but really only if he takes the bodyguard units.. which really aren't that "cheap"
Old 04 Aug 2007, 01:12   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagonus
For the deathrain, I like the flamer. Barely costs more than the Black Sun, but you'll get more use out of it. BBQ Ork is nice.

You can have TL Burst and a Missile pod but you can only fire the BCs and the MP in the same turn if you have a HWMT and that can only be done if you upgrade to a Shas'Vre

You can have 3 completely different weapons on a suit like that but its terribly inefficient because the Multitracker lets you fire two weapons in one turn, not 3.
Quote:
cuz i am pretty sure you can use alot more crisis suits in a farsight army than a regular tau army.
Technically it depends if you count Broadsides or not. With Broadsides counting its the regular army that can field more. Without them counting then its the Farsight army, but really only if he takes the bodyguard units.. which really aren't that "cheap"
i dont have broadsides. i field hammer/ion heads.

but about the bodyguard comment. so a farsight army can only have more crisis suits as bodyguards??? cuz that would suck. what advantages does farsight off to your army?

(\_/) this is bunny