Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Kroot Forest shooting question
Old 02 Aug 2007, 17:49   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to gerrylum
Default Kroot Forest shooting question

So how does this work exactly? I guess this isn't a Kroot specific question, but for any unit that is in a forest. Normally a unit can see through and shoot through 6" of forest, right? Does that mean that if they are within 6" of the forest edge, they can shoot up to the maximum range of their weapon, or does it mean that if they are within 6" of the forest edge, they can only shoot up to 6"?

For example, if I am 3" away from the forest edge, that the unit can shoot an area 3" outside of the forest?
Old 02 Aug 2007, 18:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Kroot Forest shooting question

A unit can see into area terrain up to a distance of 6". A unit can see out of area terrain up to a distance of 6". A unit cannot see entirely through area terrain at all, no matter how thin it is.

In your example, the unit can see through the 3" of area terrain and then unlimited distance beyond that.
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2007, 20:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Kroot Forest shooting question

Here's how it works. Most units can only see out of ANY terrain feature for a distance of 6". So if some marines were in a forest or a large building and were 7" deep into it they would not be able to see any thing. If some fire warriors were 3" in the forest or building they could see out and shoot at anything 30" away.

Kroot with their skills in the forest and jungle can see 12" out. so put your kroot in some forest and for your opponent to kill the kroot they must venture into the woods.

Hope this helps you!