Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Stealth Teams
Closed Thread
Old 07 Mar 2005, 15:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander
Default Stealth Teams

I like Stealth Teams (they look awesome), but I have a question on them. How can they be used in a strategy/ Most armys use them as a diversion, or an annoyance. How can they actually be used to mess up the enemy? Also, the burst cannons aren't THAT effective. I played my friend, and it only killed 1 or 2 models. The models were my friend's orks.

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 07 Mar 2005, 15:53   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Stealth Teams

I'm sure that if you scroll through here: http://tauonline.org/tau_tactics.php you will be able to find an answer for tactics with Stealthsuits.
Old 07 Mar 2005, 15:55   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

They have jet packs, so you could use 'em like anti-infantry crisis suits I guess (you must have had bad dice rolls or something if you only killed 2 orks...). Or you could deep strike 'em and take out enemy vehicles from behind (although crisis suits are better for this, it is less risky with stealth suits since they are cheaper).
Old 07 Mar 2005, 16:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Can they be used for more than a distraction? Certainly.

Look: 6 burst cannons fire 18 shots per turn.
You hit with 9 of them on average.
You score 6 wounds on average against To 4 and 7.5 vs. To 3.
That's 2 dead marines per turn, or 6 dead orks, or 7.5 dead dark eldar. That's 1/3 of a tactical troop, ork mob, or most of a wych squad.

You can also use them to take out vehicles by hitting them in the rear armor. 9 hits = 1.5 glancing hits and 1.5 penetrating hits per turn against AV10. That's not bad.

They're not terribly efficient at killing SMs but in a balanced, take-on-all comers list they are hard to beat.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 07 Mar 2005, 16:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739

Try to ambush your enemy. Shoot at them then run away will they follow you to their death. I like to infiltrate them on enemy flanks that consist of lighter troops. The stealth teams should be used against troop types like guard and eldar. Keep a team of plasma crisis to deal with the more armored troops and tanks near them. that always works for me and has lead to the crumbling of many flanks

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
Old 07 Mar 2005, 17:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

also they are a useful unit for holding cover along with kroot if they infiltrate, and for stealing objectives also due to their infiltration skills, something that often you can get distracted by when playing a battle - what the objective is.

Furthermore, stealths become a lot more fun when markelighted by a 8 man pathfinder team! remeber that means no cover saves too!
Old 07 Mar 2005, 17:14   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I forgot about how good they are at grabbing objectives.

I played a game and grabbed 5/6 objectives with my stealth's suits with Minor causalities! Altough the very last one happened to be the SC unit. >

Old 07 Mar 2005, 17:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I use them to provide deterent/cover fire for a broad unit of Kroot as well as be a reactionary defensive unit when the enemny really start pushing forward. They aren't bad on the assault with 2 attacks at WS3 and have a better save and INIT than a regular Firewarrior. With Assault weapons blasting off up to 18 shots in a given round, if you get really close, say 1"-3" then there may yet be stragglers to assault and finish off thru close combat. Not wise against Marines or the faster Eldar. but possible quite viable as a last ditch effort or stalling tactic against IG or Tyranids (Termagants, obviously, and not something like Genestealers or Hormagaunts).

They are also quite useful if you keep the on the line between table quarters or within Burst cannon range of a centralized objective. They can cover 12" in a single turn and end up capturing stuff at the last possible moment, and with quite an offensive wallop on top of it.

Just dont' over estimate thier Stealth capability. If they're in range, that 2d6 x 3 "darkness" cover they get is pretty easily negated.
3) Tau are a team: Stick together.

[size=8pt]40k v4.0 FAQs[/size]
[size=8pt]official Rail Rifle rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Forge World Rules and Models[/size]
[size=8pt]Crisis Configurations[/size]
[size=8pt]Gue'vesa: Tau Human Auxiliary rules[/size]
[size=8pt]Mechanized Tau Tactica[/size]
[size=8pt]TauOnline Tactica[/size]
Old 07 Mar 2005, 18:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to SMRCommander

Ok. I wanted to know, would 3 teams of 6 Stealth Teams good? I don't really thinl so, but it's wishful thinking. I thought maybe 2 groups of 6 stealths and 1 group of 3 crisis. Any good??? Thanks for the help. Also, would Shield Drones be a good investment for a Stealth Team???

Thinking of something appropriate to put into ym sig as of now...
Old 07 Mar 2005, 18:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hmmmmmmmmm.............

3 teams of 6 stealth suits!!!!

I would personally only have 1 team of stealth suits since I like Crisis suits better

But if you like stealth's a lot than go for 2 squads of 6 and leave the last spot for a Crisis team.

Closed Thread