Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

New items for the Tau?!
Old 31 Jul 2007, 23:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha
Default New items for the Tau?!

I was checking the "Sneak Peeks" section of the GW website, and saw the pic for the Tau "Armored Interdiction Force" that will be coming out with the new Apocolypse series. However, one part of the image in particular caught my interest.

I'm assuming this might be a representative bit for something the Tau already have, but it could be something completely new. Anyone have any ideas on what this bit might be?
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2007, 23:45   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: New items for the Tau?!

Hmm, interesting! It's hard to tell but they look like some sort of missile pod - unless those are lenses of some kind.

Actually yeah I think that's it, they're a representation of the smart missile system I think, because I see the drones are missing. I could be wrong though.
Good catch!
Old 31 Jul 2007, 23:54   #3 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to gerrylum

Hmm, as cool as those look, I would the think DF body would look strange without having ANYTHING go into the drone slots. That would be cool, though, if we could take the SMS as well as burst cannon or drones.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 00:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Hm... Those don't look like missile pods to me. Actually, they look like some kind of high-powered sensor suite, or something to that effect... Looks cool, and it's awesome that there's going to be a 3-fish box.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 00:04   #5 (permalink)
Xan
Shas'Saal

They look like Missile Pods for our vehicles.
an exceedingly small amount of redeemable features
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 00:15   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

That is part of the multi-race vehicle sprue that is being released with every Apocalypse deal. I was wondering where exactly it was supposed to go. It may just indicate that the vehicle is the Command Tank in a squadron. But good eyes!

Here is the whole sprue:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93485
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 00:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanaris
That is part of the multi-race vehicle sprue that is being released with every Apocalypse deal. I was wondering where exactly it was supposed to go. It may just indicate that the vehicle is the Command Tank in a squadron. But good eyes!

Here is the whole sprue:
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93485
Huh, so its just like a random set of bits?

Looks more like a sensor array, the dots are too different to be missiles, though i have to admit it looks cool, i might mount the sms like that on my next hammer head.
SUUPAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 01:13   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I would guess disruption pods, fits the descriptions. "A disruption pod throws out distorting Images in both visual and magnetic spectra, making it hard to target at range" Tau codex Pg30. It however does not fit the description of flechette discharger, as there are no "pods", and it wont be decoy launchers because those also have a projectile. My vote is for Disruption pods, fits the fluff, and it looks like it too. Wont really find out until the box set gets here.
Old 01 Aug 2007, 01:57   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'm thinking it's a Command Vehicle thing - looking at the rest of the sprue, we have Daemon head, Eldar-y sensors, a giant Vox net or other comm array, and a big Imperial Eagle.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Aug 2007, 02:38   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm going way out on a limb but I'm still going to say it. i think that Apocalypse is meant to add extreme heavy fire power to every army that it effects. the imperial guard get the baneblade and the chaos get something similar. for those races that don't get new vehicles they get new upgrades to make their old vehicles that much better.
that being said here's what i think it is. either an experimental (just like experimental gear for crisis suits) vehicle stealth field generator, or an experimental orbital targeting system that allows tau vehicles to call down support fire from friendly space craft. it doesn't seem to impossible for the tau to have crazy long range support. think of it like a bigger better seeker missile. ;D
cruton is offline   Reply With Quote