Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

[Batrep] Tau vs. Orks Take & Hold 1k pts
Old 30 Jul 2007, 11:41   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default [Batrep] Tau vs. Orks Take & Hold 1k pts

Hi All,
I'm new to these boards, but I've been writing up battle reports for a while so I thought I'd post one here and see what people think. It's Tau vs. Orks in Take & Hold, 1k points.

Click here to check it out. There's a bunch of other Tau batreps lurking around that site if you feel like exploring.

Thanks!
Darkwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2007, 11:45   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager
Default Re: [Batrep] Tau vs. Orks Take & Hold 1k pts

1. Welcome to the forums. ;D
2. I'm not sure it's appropriate to just link to your site from here. :-\
Most people tend to at least put in a condensed version even if they do link it.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2007, 12:02   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager Zero
1. Welcome to the forums. ;D
2. I'm not sure it's appropriate to just link to your site from here. :-\
Most people tend to at least put in a condensed version even if they do link it.
1. Thanks!
2. Yeah, I thought about that, but with all the pictures and maps, etc., that go with the report, posting the whole thing here would be a pain in the butt. I'm not trying to steal any thunder from this site, I'm just too lazy to post it all here. :-[ I suppose I could try to post a summary, but it just wouldn't be as interesting to read...
Old 30 Jul 2007, 12:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

I realise that Darkwing, and I know it can be annoying. (Hell, I have problems even taking pictures of my battles)
Even just the briefing/first turn would be sufficient, and it can just be plain text for all we care.

Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Old 30 Jul 2007, 13:26   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Ok, here it is then:

Tau vs. Orks Take & Hold:

Introduction
Scenario: After we had chosen armies we rolled for the mission, and came up with Alpha Take & Hold.

Tau Briefing
Dan: This was to be a 1,000 point battle, but I was keen to use my new Commander Farsight model (despite the restriction that it cannot be used in battles of less than 1,500 points), and Jacob was gracious enough to indulge me. We decided on the battle at the last minute, so I didn’t have too much time to think about army selection. As such, I made a few mistakes: for example, forgetting to get my Shas’el a hard-wired multitracker. But in the end, that had little effect on the battle. So I picked the two obligatory Fire Warrior Teams, a Shas’el, a unit of Stealth Suits, a Crisis Suit Team with twin-linked missile pods (to take down any warbuggies, trucks, or traks) a unit of gun drones, and Farsight and his bodyguard.

We rolled for the scenario randomly, and got a Take & Hold mission. We arranged the terrain so that the objective was in the center of the table, more or less surrounded by woods. I decided that I would overload one of my flanks while moving one Fire Warrior Team up the middle to claim the objective. Hopefully my heavy flank would sweep the board and remove any resistance, coming to the rescue at the end to support the lone Fire Warrior Team at the end if needed.

Ork Briefing

Jacob: I assembled my army list in a very off-the-cuff manner, and it shows. We hadn't played an open battle of 40K in over a year and I made my list in about five minutes. I made sure there was a mix of shooting (big shootas, rokkits, big gunz) and assault (slugga mobs, trukk boyz, power klaws, and my mega-armored Boss), as well as my ever-troublesome skorcha buggies. With luck, the big gunz can sow some confusion and my buggies can run interference while the mobs advance, laying down their own support weapon fire. It'll just be a matter of whether or not the boyz can make it into hand to hand against the Tau, or if I'll get shot to pieces before I have a chance.

Turn 1:
The Tau deployed, overloading their western flank with the bulk of their forces. Fire Warrior Team 1 moved up behind the trees in the center, heading towards the objective, while the lone Shas’el scouted out the eastern flank. For their part, the Orks placed their big gunz and two Skorcha buggies on the east flank, while Warmonga’s and Klawfreek’s Slugga Boyz and Redbonce’s trukk boyz held up the west flank, with Gorgash himself positioned with Warmonga’s mob.

Fire Warrior Team 1 advanced into the trees, taking up positions in cover within sight of the objective. They would just sit tight and make sure no Orks got close. To the east the Shas’el advanced, firing his missile pod at one of the Skorcha buggies ahead. The missiles detonated the Skorcha fuel tanks, destroying the weapon and stunning the Ork crew. On the west flank the battlesuits maneuvered into position, and the Tau proceeded to open fire. Farsight failed to kill any Orks with his plasma rifle, while the Crisis Suit Team and the Fire Warriors fired on Klawfreek’s mob, killing four and three Orks respectively.

After taking fire, Klawfreek’s mob decided discretion was the better part of valor, and decided to advance under the cover of trees, moving into the woods to their right. Warmonga’s mob had yet to taste fire, and thus advanced. One of the Skorcha buggies drove off west to move into cover behind Klawfreek’s mob, bringing it closer to action. The Lobbas, with precious few targets due to their remote deployment, fired on Fire Warrior Team 1, but were inaccurate with their sighting and missed.

Warmonga’s mob opened fire on the Stealth Team, killing one, while Warboss Gorgash killed one more with his kustom shoota...

The rest of the report can be seen here.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 13:30   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Just a quick pointer, but you can edit that into your first post.

Small 'modify' link just above and to the far right of each post you make.
Also, the modify function here has no time out. Ever.

–tvtropes.org
Old 30 Jul 2007, 16:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Wow, excellent batrep. What program did you use to make those pics?
Old 30 Jul 2007, 18:56   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by israfel420
Wow, excellent batrep. What program did you use to make those pics?
Thanks! I used Campaign Cartographer 2, a CAD program that you can use to make maps for various RPGs, etc.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 21:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY

Did he name his Ork leaders, or did he seriously have like 4 or 5 special characters in there?
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
TimberwolfCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2007, 22:18   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to captain_octavain

Very nice BatRap! I hope to see more like it
for preserving my rights
to live and die for this life
and paying the ultimate price for me to be...FREE!
captain_octavain is offline   Reply With Quote