Bad 3 37.50%
Okay 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 06 Mar 2005, 18:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to AvalonSurfer739
Default 2500 army list

Hi all as you can tell I'm new to this forum so any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

This is my Farsight Enclave army which is made for playing marines since marines and Chaos is what I mostly play. If you think that this list won't do well against light armies such as Imperial Guard don't worry because I made a list just for them!

HQ: Commander O’shovah, Crisis bodyguard TL plasma rifle, missile pod, hard wired multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, Crisis bodyguard TL plasma rifle, missile pod, hard wired multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, bonded

HQ: Shas’o Crisis, plasma rifle, missile pod, shield generator, hard wired multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, Crisis bodyguard TL plasma rifle, missile pod, hard wired multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, Crisis bodyguard TL plasma rifle, missile pod, hard wired multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, bonded

ELITE: Crisis Shas’vre, TL plasma rifle, missile pod, hard wired multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, Crisis Shas’ui, plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, Crisis Shas’ui, plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, bonded

ELITE: Crisis Shas’vre, TL plasma rifle, missile pod, hard wired multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, Crisis Shas’ui, plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, Crisis Shas’ui, plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, bonded

ELITE: 6 Stealth suits, Shas’vre upgrade, Ork fighter upgrade, bonded

TROOPS: 12 Fire warriors, photon grenades, Shas’ui upgrade, bonded

HEAVY SUPPORT: Broadside Shas’vre, multi tracker, hard wired target lock, Ork fighter upgrade, 2 Broadside Shas’ui, Multi tracker, Ork fighter upgrade, bonded

HEAVY SUPPORT: Hammerhead, Rail Gun, smart missile system, hard wired multi tracker

TOTAL: 2463

I want to get some Devilfishes for my Firewarriors and some Human Auxiliaries but I'm currently taking a break from spending money.

-Made by the awsome Photoshoper TchicoriTa
Old 06 Mar 2005, 19:34   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer
Default Re: 2500 army list

myself I'd drop the Shas'o, you have O'shovah, what more do you need? dropping him alone gives you the points for 4 fishes :P. and drop grenades on the FW, they really dont do much. give the HH DL and a TL that sill increase its survivability and effectiveness a lot.

apart from the crisis being expensive its good (and theyre farsight crisis so its natural :P)
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 06 Mar 2005, 20:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I made my second commander a Shas'o because with Ork fighter it gives him ws 5 and I 4. Although Tau don't have ANY close combat weapons, even Farsight Enclave. I think that they should give Farsight Enclave a sept codex with new CC units. But that won't happen for awhile. About photons I find them quite use full as they are cheap and my fire warriors always end up getting assaulted later in the game. The photons make them survive longer in CC while my Crisis suits jump in and beat the crud out of my enemy. And yes a lot of my army is spent on Crisis suits but if you look at O'Shovah's restrictions them, firewarriors, Devilfishes and Human auxiliaries are the only units that aren't restricted.

Oh and so sorry I did not mean to make this a poll. I wasn't paying good attention :

Old 06 Mar 2005, 22:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to CommanderAce

How could you not be paying attention while making a poll? ??? Did you make it in your sleep? J/K Anyway, I would drop the bonding on everything except maybe the stealths, don't ork fighter all of the broadsides just the 'vre, and drop the grenades. This leaves you with 175 pts to get two fishes with DL, DL on the HH. Also, get traget locks on the Broadsides instead of MTs.
-Achilles in Troy
All my life, I've lived by a code and the code is simple: Honor the gods, love your woman, and defend your country. Troy is mother to us all. Fight for her!
-Hector in Troy
I think the slain care little if they sleep or rise again.
Old 06 Mar 2005, 22:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

How could you not be paying attention while making a poll? Did you make it in your sleep? J/K Anyway, I would drop the bonding on everything except maybe the stealth's, don't ork fighter all of the broadsides just the 'vre, and drop the grenades. This leaves you with 175 pts to get two fishes with DL, DL on the HH. Also, get traget locks on the Broadsides instead of MTs.

Your probably right about the bonding. Usually only my Firewarriors go below half strength. And I will defiantly get some Devilfishes so don't worry about that. I had always wondered if it was worth it to Ork fighter broadsides, but your right. Only one battle I played I needed Ork fighter and that was because of stupid Chaos raptors. Altough I have been thinking of giving my broadsides shield generators, since the marines I play have a lot of tanks and devastators. Decoy Launcher on Hammerhead? I find multi tracker a lot more use full as you can move 12" and fire all of your weapons. However Decoy launchers are good too. How many hard wired options can you have on a vehicle? It says in the codex only one. I also don't think that Ork fightering my stealth suits is a good idea. As they will still have only the same WS and I as a guardsman. Plus they count as being in cover so the will go first anyways unless the enemy has frags.

Anything I missed tell me!

Old 07 Mar 2005, 01:04   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

the point is if you drop the 'O for devilfishes the FW wont get assaulted, thanks to the good ol' FoF.

tanks can have any no. of vehicle upgrades, suit team leaders can have one hardwired sys. I think you got a bit mixed up.

taks really only need DL though (and MT in the case of HH)
go here
Old 07 Mar 2005, 01:24   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

True Dizzy but I'm not going to get 4 Devilfishes. I can't afford it. I Will probably only get 2 or 3. Even though I would like 4. Plus I l like Crisis suits so i want a lot. I like Shas'o with bodyguards in big games. But in smaller games I make my Commanders independent and take away their bodyguards. So don't worry I do use Shas'els. But you have a very true point and I respect that.

LOL I sound like an old man

But I will drop a lot of things that CommandeAce and you brought up so don't think I'm not listening to your posts.

Are you sure that Tau vehicles may have more than one hard wired system? I guess i will just have to ask around.

Old 07 Mar 2005, 03:10   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

who says you have to buy 4 at once? not me I understand too well the poor aspect of warhammer .

of course they can have more than one vehicle upgrade, half the world (I'd hope at least 99% ) has MT+DL on their HH.
go here
Old 07 Mar 2005, 16:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

True i will probably get Devilfishes at different times
1 at birthday
1 at Christmas
2 I just go out and buy
that makes 4!

I must have read it wrong about more than one hardwired option for tanks. I will be sure to put DL on my Hammerhead.

anyway thanks for the clearance!

Old 07 Mar 2005, 19:56   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

good on, the mistake might have been easier to spot if you call them vehicle upgrades, like theyre supposed to be then it dissimilates them from eachother.
go here
Closed Thread