Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau infantry crisis weapon platforms
Old 28 Jul 2007, 02:46   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Tau infantry crisis weapon platforms

Similar to the IG's heavy weapon platforms, could there be a possibility of Firewarrior crisis suit weapon platforms? Or would i have to make a remote controlled platform ie drone controlled static crisis suit weapon platform (DCSCWP :P)
I have seen turrets with PRs etc on Forgeworld however these are too bunker like and not a support infantry system that i would like to create.
What are peoples thoughts?
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 02:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau infantry crisis weapon platforms

Make a walking bunker? ;D

"By the emperor, what IS that?"
"By the emperors holy pubic hair, a walking... bunker?"

Uh, someone posted drones that 'count as' crisis suits a while ago.

Or hell, maybe you could just convert drones to carry weapons, and attach them to fire warrior squads for a fair points cost. Say if it is a 4 pt flamer, put it on the 10 drone, and maybe have it as a package for 12? Thats just an example.
Old 28 Jul 2007, 02:53   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i dont really have any thoughts on the subject, but what does DCSCWP mean???

and are you saying you can use units not listed in the codex ??? ??? ???

(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
malay melee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 03:03   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by malay melee
i dont really have any thoughts on the subject, but what does DCSCWP mean???

and are you saying you can use units not listed in the codex ??? ??? ???
I realised how complex i made a rather simple weapon system sound, hence DCSCWP stands for Drone Controlled Crisis Suit Weapon Platform. They aren't in the codex however i was just getting peoples opinions on that if the Tau should field a unit such as this.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 03:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerman
I realised how complex i made a rather simple weapon system sound, hence DCSCWP stands for Drone Controlled Crisis Suit Weapon Platform. They aren't in the codex however i was just getting peoples opinions on that if the Tau should field a unit such as this.
Then it would be DCCSWP, not DCSCWP. Anyway, I think it would be too overpowered. Are you saying that strength 5 base weapons aren't enough? That we have to have extra heavy weapons? Just pay the extra points and take the crisis suit.
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 04:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i wish we had some heavy weapon platforms, i like the look of the ig ones...

maybe they could function in like squads of three of something and act kinda like a crisis, just without the mobility. just a random idea...

maybe firewarriors man heavy weapon platforms before they are considered "veteran" enough to be crisi pilots...

(\_/) this is bunny
Old 28 Jul 2007, 11:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

No it really is a bad idea.

The Tau maintain a system of fast sweeping attacks and stationary heavy weapons are not part of that. The Turrets you see in FW are their for the Tau to leave behind as the retreat they are not an offensive system and are not deployed with a Cadre, although a Cadre may find itself fighting alongside them.

Second the Tau don't need more shooty weapons it would just break them. Already you can mass firepower and break almost every shoot ing rule so giving them more weapons is unbalancing.

Third if they took up Elite, Heavy, or Fast Attack slots you would hardly use them as we already have mobile weapon systems for the same weapons.

Finally you could mount them on drones with Firewarroirs but then they aren't stationary anymore and if they were, then again they have little practical use as your squad is now a sitting duck.

To be frank, they don't have a place in the Tau army.

Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 11:46   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

i agree with Gen, however much i think a tau heavy weapon platform would look. it's just not in their style, everything about the tau is mobility that why crisis suits can JSJ crisis suits really are the heavy weapon platform of the tau. i don't see the tau using a static weapon so much becuas as genmotty says it would just make the fire warrior team a sitting duck. i think the tau are fine the way they are
[img width=650 height=74]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x38/Majonga/sig.jpg[/img]
majonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 12:13   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
i wish we had some heavy weapon platforms, i like the look of the ig ones...
we have heavy weapon platforms. they're call broadsides. and we also have mobile heavy weapons platforms. crisis suits...

Quote:
maybe they could function in like squads of three of something and act kinda like a crisis, just without the mobility. just a random idea...
why? goes against the whole design concept of the tau. remember that. why have 3 guys with crisis weapons, when you can have a crisis suit with crisis weapons whose job it is to use them. shas'la hold the line. thats it.

Quote:
maybe firewarriors man heavy weapon platforms before they are considered "veteran" enough to be crisi pilots...
no. they're line troopers. the guys with the heavy weapons are those who've proved their mettel. they're the veterans who are so good, they are honoured with crisis suits.

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 12:40   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i guess but im still gonna try to mount a railgun bit onto an ig heavy weapon base, and put firewarriors stead of the guardsman

(\_/) this is bunny