Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Jetpacks in 4 ed.
Closed Thread
Old 20 Jul 2004, 00:23   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Jetpacks in 4 ed.

Hey,

just read a thread on another board, and some dude who apparentley has the book says jetpacks move 6" and then move another 6" in assault, as it is now.

anybody else hear this?
Old 20 Jul 2004, 03:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Jetpacks in 4 ed.

tau jetpacks follow their current rules...ie the ones laid out in the tau codex. otherwise the monolith, when it moved, would roll 2d6 scatter...

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Old 20 Jul 2004, 07:52   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to Kais

EVRYONE (almost) has read them because of the "4th ed preview thingy up"

>>Latest Sig<<
Old 20 Jul 2004, 07:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe
Hey,

just read a thread on another board, and some dude who apparentley has the book says jetpacks move 6" and then move another 6" in assault, as it is now.

anybody else hear this?
the book isnt out yet... and people can only speculate over inconsistencies in the rule previews... such as, "units with rapid fire weapons cannot charge.. units must charge the enemy they shot at"
Old 20 Jul 2004, 10:40   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

This topic has been scrutinised by me (RJay) and Wargamer in the general 40k section under the Wot do u think of the 4th edition or something like that...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 20 Jul 2004, 10:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ dE.maCe
link=topic=696.msg8411#msg8411 date=1090310092]

the book isnt out yet... and people can only speculate over inconsistencies in the rule previews... such as, "units with rapid fire weapons cannot charge.. units must charge the enemy they shot at"
That example you cite only affects those who do not realise that you have to be able to charge, and that you can take the OPTION of charging. If you charge, you must charge who you shot, but you don't have to charge, see?

Now, this issue has been raised a few times before, and personally, untill GW have cleared it an confirmed if the move is 12"/6" or 6"/6", I'm Taking it at 6"/6" unless my oppoent says otherwise (EG: opponent is a Tau player and i have my eldar,opponent thinks its 12", i say 'no, should be 6"&#39

In this case, IMO, its not what YOU think the rules should be, its the opponent. So, ask which of the two possible ones the opponent would prefer your tau to use, instead of winding up with things that run rings around Jetbikes.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 13:17   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

well imo im just gonna wait till the rulebook is released before i start any debates etc over the new rules etc.. its pointless doing that now.. theres no one here to answer the questions.. and until the rulebook is released and ive read thru it.. im playing with 3rd ed rules..
Old 20 Jul 2004, 16:58   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

first, i shoulda posted a link, so here's one (i suck at this hypertext stuff, so it may not work).

if posting links like this is no good for TO, then i'm sure one of the mods will remove it and i'll apologize in advance.

http://dakka.lunarpages.com/ubbthrea...=5&o=0&fpart=1

anyway, i usually take all this stuff with a grain of salt, but this seemed quite interesting, so i was wondering if anyone had heard different elsewhere.

but yes, i'm also of the opinion that until i see somewhere that jepacks get 12" move, etc., then i'm sticking with 3.ed rules.
Old 20 Jul 2004, 17:16   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

So basically its down to how u and ur opponent see it as as long as u can agree with ur opponent wot u think it says otherwise stick to 3rd edition...

Topic Over...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! Thatís the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 20 Jul 2004, 18:55   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Farseer_Del Send a message via MSN to Farseer_Del Send a message via Yahoo to Farseer_Del

Indeed, and regarding that link, i'm afraid even GW wont go and do such a dumb thing. Some of the stuff proclaimed there contradicts the preview PDF if i'm not mistaken...

As far as i care, that link is BS.
Closed Thread