Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cityfight versus sisters of battle- what to take?
Old 23 Jul 2007, 22:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Cityfight versus sisters of battle- what to take?

Hey guys! Soon I will be playing COD against some nunz with gunz, and I was wondering what to get. Actually, any tips on facing them even in normal games would be great!

I was thinking of vespids, as they are 'skilled flyers' have fleet, and can probably get in range to use their ap3 guns pretty quick into the game. I am usually hesitant to use vespids because of their nil armor save and high price... But bad LOS and good cover makes them more viable to take in a city fight... right? I was thinking two small groups of these guys to support my fire warriors.

Ionheads. I have used these guys before and they are death against sisters. I usually take them in pairs, with either a railhead or two broadsides rounding out the third slot. I almost always arm them with burst cannons for a high number of shots to force too many armor saves... but what helps the vespids hurts the hammerhead. So maybe SMS instead, because of no need for LOS?

Mounted fire warrior squads. I love these, no matter what the mission. Mobility lets them deploy, shoot, redeploy without major return fire. In my new 1500 list, which I will post later, I have four squads of ten mounted fire warriors.

Crisis suits! Man... my 1500 list has 6 suits! Mobility lets them move shoot move (duh) but all in one turn, having easy access to cover. Different roles as well.

What are your opinions?

Quick run down of my 1500 list (All comers)

Shas'0 CIB burst cannon multi-tracker (I think)
2 deathrains, one with flamer one with target lock
2 missile/plasma (Forgot the name..) with multi-trackers
1 twin linked fusion blaster suit, with targetting array (Unlikely that I will miss :)

10 fire warriors - devilfish SMS decoy launchers
TIMES FOUR

Ionhead with burst cannons, decoy launchers
Railhead with SMS decoy launchers

Old 23 Jul 2007, 23:22   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Cityfight versus sisters of battle- what to take?

Find the points for multi-trackers on any vehicle that you want to shoot at all. Especially in CoD the ability to move 12" and fire all weapons is great.

If you stay 19"-24" inches away from the Sisters, then they won't be able to scratch your tanks with their meltas, there only counter for you skimmers outside of an Exorcist. If there are Exorcists, then target them first priority.
Old 23 Jul 2007, 23:26   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

My list actually came out to 1480 so I have 20 points to spend on multi-trackers, so that works. If they are ten points a pop I shall arm my hammerheads with them =)
Old 24 Jul 2007, 23:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

be carefull i just played against a sisters o battle they have a habbit of bringing heavy flamers and melta's plus they have a roll they get to make before your shooting phase if it goes off they get to use their armor save as an invulnerable save so rember to stay out of a 13 inch range and use mass fire to bring them down. it bites when they can negate our low ap weapons.

(\_/) this is a bunny
(x.x) bunny is dead
'(__)' he tastes funny hehehe
wartang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2007, 18:55   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah that is fate points an all that. Meltas, heavy flamers and heavy bolters... Man that hurts when I play Tyranids...
Old 28 Jul 2007, 01:17   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via Yahoo to orkkrusher

But, I thought they only got to use that once a game?
Old 28 Jul 2007, 01:32   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by orkkrusher
But, I thought they only got to use that once a game?
Nah, they have a number of faith points then can use to do that sorts stuff. Your Smart missiles will help you greatly. Good range, the invaluable ability to shoot through walls and they'll wound a sister on a 2. Plasma will probably just cause them to use spirit of the martyr, but that act of faith is worthless when you're pelting them with str 5 shots. You have a huge advantage in that pulse fire+sisters=dead sisters. My advice is to soften them up from range, possibly even from behind a building using the Smart Missiles, then close for the kill. Closing in too early may result in them having too many models left on the table and you being on the recieving end of a divine guidance flaming, so be careful until you feel confident that they are weakened enough to be unable to recover from your strike.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2007, 22:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Sisters are t3 all the way through. burst cannons are great, ion cannon and hammerhead will autokill, take out any excorcists as primary target, and watch out for acts of faith, that 3+ invuln will hurt when you need them to die.
Shas O Mont-ka is offline   Reply With Quote