Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tau 1500
Closed Thread
Old 19 Jul 2004, 23:05   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Tau 1500

initially I had a broadside but swapped it for a hammerhead for mobility. I would like still decoy launchers for the df , might drop the 2 gun drones from the stealth suits or hammerhead for that and an extra stealth suit, especially if the drones casualties count for considering the half strength. I know they count for 25% tests from shooting, but not sure for 50% regrouping.

Shas’el twin linked MP, PR, hw MT , hw dc 2 shield drones [129]
Shas’el twin linked MP, PR, hw MT [97]

1 crisis suit team leader, twin linked MP, PR, hw MT [82]
4 stealth suits , team leader, hw dc 2 gun drones [147]

12 firewarriors [120]
6 firewarriors [60]
6 firewarriors , EMP grenades [78]

8 pathfinders, 3 railrifles [126]
devilfish , 1 seeker, sensor spines, flechette discharger, multitracker, disruption pods [115]

hammerhead , railgun, decoy launchers, 1 seeker, target lock, multitracker [180]
hammerhead , railgun, decoy launchers, blacksun filter, target lock, multitracker [175]
hammerhead , ion cannon , multitracker, target lock, 2 gun drones, flechette discharger, 1 seeker, decoy launchers, disruption pods [190]

total 1499 points
models 43
deployment slots 9

>www.earthalchemist.com
Old 20 Jul 2004, 10:14   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Tau 1500

Im not being critical but u are gonna have serious problems with that army list as u should at least have 2 maximum squads. Id say get rid of one of the railgun hammerheads.

Judgin that rate of fire is very important for Tau i would also suggest u tweak it further to have 6 stealth suits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! That’s the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Old 20 Jul 2004, 14:09   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I&#39;m not sure what you mean about the 2 full troop squads, is it a customary rule, or you mean I could use the extra fire? infact I was thinking to divide the full squad and have 4 6fws.

yes, dropping the hammerhead for the stealth suits and another fw squad seems reasonable. however I am concerned about having left only 1 rail gun to deal with armor 14. the EMP are there as back up if something like a landrider starts coming at me, as statistically 2 railguns aren&#39;t always enough. having just 1 wouldn&#39;t it be risky? of course I could change the ion cannon to rail but then I&#39;d have only the crisis to hurt 2+ saves

as per rate of fire, the hammerheads can close in and add their burst cannons to the stealth suits if needed. that&#39;s my idea with target lock. I also moved the gun drones from the stealth to the tank, because initially I thought they didn&#39;t count for 50% strength for the stealth but since prolly they do, I have them cheaper this way and add a decoy launcher to the devilfish.

>www.earthalchemist.com
Old 20 Jul 2004, 17:36   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

I do agree with many of ur points.

First of i meant to have two full squads merely to add rate of fire (at least another 12 strength 5 shots is very useful)

That is why u would go with Stealth too cos a full squad can give a whopping 18 strength 5 shots.

On the Hammerhead front if u are concerned with not having more railguns ur only option is broadsides as they are alot better value than hammerheads although then u would sacrifice some mobility.

Although i believe even with mobile tactics u would have some non moving units as if it was me i would keep Broadsides and 2 squads fo FWs still so you can fire even more. The idea with the mobile troops is too take out the weakened units weakened by the broadsides and FWs.

Another problem with putting 545 points with vehicles is they are relatively easy to kill if your opponent has any strong weapons (8 or 9 would do) so are less benefit. Plus they are skimmers so face even more problems...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau-killer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Winston Churchill on 23rd August 1940
Never in the field of human satire were so many made to feel so humble by so much acid wit
GOT IT! That’s the one. Just sums RJay up perfectly!
Closed Thread