Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How do you kill Necrons??
Old 04 Mar 2005, 04:58   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default How do you kill Necrons??

How do you kill necrons with just a Tau Battleforce against a necron force of about the same amount of points. I am really new to 40k and so is my opponent.
Any information is helpfull.

Thanks alot.
Old 04 Mar 2005, 05:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer
Default Re: How do you kill Necrons??

like this

pay special attention to this aswell.

search aswell, searchy is your good
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
dizzygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2005, 16:24   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

A way to kill them if you don't want an army list id to just use rail guns. It is armor piercing so the necrons don't get there I'll be back save. Or any other armor piecing weapoon.
Old 04 Mar 2005, 17:09   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

necrons are a problem for tau - a big one. Read the links that dizzygave you, they are helpfull, but ill try to add in my own opinions -

firsty build a ,list to take out necrons as you would space marines. Necrons have the same armour but just get back up again. However there are ways to deprive them of this - plasma fire is a nice one, wiping out the whole squad is another.

Ok, necron strengths are in their firepower, but against tau they are going to own us in assault too. FoF tactics really aren't going to work as well as normal, but devilfish squads mean the fire warriors can keep moving away and using their 30" ranges to outrange immortals and necron warriors.

Secondly, wipe necrons out squad by squad, that way they wont get any WBB (they take all of these rolls at the end of their turn). If you leave just one necron standing in his squad that spells trouble for you. Be meticulate at this and take out the warrior squads one by one, starting with the closest.

Destoryers may seem more lethal with their high rate weaponry but at 50 pts a piece dont get too worried. Necrons phase out, and the best way to do this is by shooting the small guys (warriors). Despite saying this if your opponent has taken a monolith or teleporting necron lord, make this your first target (if the monolith is deepstriking). Tau railgun fire at monoliths is never wasted fire, also at lords it isnt waste deither. Both of these have the ability to totally ocntorl a battle for the necrons, especailly seeingas it will allow them to get into combat with tau much much quicker.

Necrons weaknesses are mobility, wraiths are an excpetion but generally their phalanxes are very slow, make use of this by always keeping your fire warriors at arms reach and use your battlesuits to harrass and channels (by cnotorlling alleys of fire power with plasmas, i mean sections of the board between cover etc.) , boxing the necrons into wlaking into your fire warriors (hug these on the board edges so they cant get surrounded).

In short, tau are a team - stick together (thats fire warrirors!)
Quality is better than quantity of guns on your battlesuits, (just take crisis with TL plasma)
Tau are a mobile unit, keep them moving, our basic trooper moves just as fast as their and has a better ranged weapon, they need never catch up with you ;D

hope this helps,
Old 04 Mar 2005, 21:42   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Hey those two links were very good thanks alot. And 42 you reply was really helpful too thanks alot
Old 04 Mar 2005, 23:56   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer

spreading the knowlede for the greater good
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
dizzygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2005, 10:35   #7 (permalink)
Aun'O

There's an article about this on the website that might help.
Tau Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2005, 10:39   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

outnumbering them is a good idea, as a former cron player i knoqw how easy the tables can be turned on a battle if you get outnumbered (there high pts cost as well ).

also make sure he avoids rolling 6s to hit (instant wound)
Old 05 Mar 2005, 12:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You need to reread your codex. A 6 to hit does not = auto-wound with gauss weapons. Rolling a 6 to hit means nothing but a hit. It's the "to wound" roll (or the Armor piercing roll if it's a vehicle) that matters.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Waldo_Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2005, 22:33   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

basics and not reeli tactics but i fel lfor trhese in my noobie days

1) when using your bigger weapons i.e shiney rail guns if you seek out a single character i.e those darn lords make sure not within 6 inches of a squad... it aint useful...basic rules but a wasted solid shot

also just remember tho has the jump up rule... if 75% casualties necrons warp out of battle.... anyway 500 pts i can massacre 2 warrior squads and a lord with hammer head 2 squrds of fws and battlesuit... just pick targets well...

p.s religions good 2... njuttin beter against a deep striking monolith than prayin 2 god 2 roll double 1 or scatter off the board.....