Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaotic tau
Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:28   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Chaotic tau

Alright this has been in my intrest over the past few weeks and is one of the reasons i joined the board.

So dont hate me for this being my first post here.

Ive talked with a few people and a odd idea came to mind about a Tau army that served chaos.

Ok First off i know tau are not supposed to be able to be efeected by the warp but then again the fluff goes that because of the sword he found that one tau general might be chaos infected. Kroot are easy to deal with in that but regardless.

I was looking for ideas basicly on what i could do to modifiy or alter existing units and even fluff aside what bonus or negitives i might be required to feild something like this .

its been a bit since i played but im working on getting the two armys back together ....very slowly.

if you can help me out with this thanks
TheDarkRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:37   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: Chaotic tau

Um, honestly? No. Chaos Tau cannot happen, it is completely impossible.

No Tau can turn to Chaos, Farsight surely hasn't.

I'm afraid theres not a lot you can do to make Chaos Tau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 21:41   #3 (permalink)
Zah
Kroot Shaper

If I remember there was an intens discussion about this same topic just a little time go... And about the warp thing, Tau are minimally affected by warp. That is not same as not at all.

Ps. I'm not a native English speaker, so PLEASE forgive me my grammar!
Zah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 22:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

The reason that the Tau would not serve chaos:

1.) Faith in the ethereals is absolute. If their ethereal demands it, they will obey.
2.) A strong, multigenerational development of Social Unity over Individual Superiority. Put simply, their egos are too small.
3.) The forces of Chaos wish to ruin all sense of order in the universe; even without the ethereals, the Tau are a very empathetic, law-driven society, and would not stand for this.

The reasons that Chaos would not bother:

1.) Small presence in the Warp means that channeling into the real world through them would be more trouble than it would be worth.
2.) Far too small of a force to bother taking over yet, as the very process of corrupting the Tau to serve Chaos would be more tedious (and counter-productive) than just wiping them out.
3.) Insufficent contact. The imperium itself has only occasional contact with the worlds of the Tau, and they practically surround the Empire. The forces of chaos would have to travel a VERY long way, just to recruit a mere handful of grey-faced gits who can't even swing a proper chainsword.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 22:41   #5 (permalink)
Zah
Kroot Shaper

How about making Ethereals to serve chaos? This way not all would have to be corrupted (or what ever). Just the leaders. Others will follow their orders.

Old 18 Jul 2007, 22:44   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zah'Draich
How about making Ethereals to serve chaos? This way not all would have to be corrupted (or what ever). Just the leaders. Others will follow their orders.
Ethereals barely register in the warp as well. Farsight isn't tainted by chaos he has become a tool of the C'Tan.

No One Expects The Inquisition This Early.
Starting Space Wolves and =][=
Kruse Va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 22:45   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Um, no he isn't.

While we do not know what is going on with farsight, we do know that it is unlikely that he is being used as a tool for the c'tan. Until it is confirmed, which it will never be, he is not being controlled.

Quote:
Old 18 Jul 2007, 22:49   #8 (permalink)
Zah
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruse Va
Ethereals barely register in the warp as well.
But getting and ethereal equals to getting an army of tau to serve chaos. The prize is the same, but what you get with it is MUCH more. Though I believe that Ethereals are just bit too good in their mind control for chaos to bother.

Old 18 Jul 2007, 23:08   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

I'd have to say that the odds of Chaos corrupting an Ethereal are roughly the same as their chances of corrupting a Tyranid Hive Tyrant; so infintesimal as to be not worth it.

Think about it: this is a high-rank, dedicated leader of the empire, who's very existance is difficult to trace from the warp, who is under armed guard CONSTANTLY, who is surveyed by their peers constantly, and rarely travels any farther than their home planet unless they are on colonization missions: and THEN, they are only found aboard heavily armed vessels, and almost never on the battlefield. Additionally, the only ones they COULD reach would be in command of no more than 100-200 warriors: Hardly enough to even lay a decent seige, or survive a real engagement with a space marine chapter.

The only reason they exist as a model is to provide the Tau Empire with a secondary HQ choice. They are more likely to see Earth Caste engineers picking up power tools and charging the enemy in close combat, than you are to get within 100 paces of an Ethereal. And they are dedicated followers of the Greater Good. How are you suppossed to corrupt that?

Tzeench: "Come to Chaos, little one."
Ethereal: "Why?"
Slannesh: "Um...Daemonette's Weekly?"
Ethereal: "Ugh, too fleshy."
Nurgle: "You get to live forever, kiddo!"
Ethereal: "My life will be honored eternally for my service to the Greater Good."
Nurgle: "****...T-izzle, little help?"
Tzeench: "We can give you the galaxy. Serve us, and your enemy's will become as your servants."
Ethereal: "The Greater Good is a beacon to all. The rest of the universe will see it and join us in time."
Khorne: "YOU GET TO HIT THINGS WITH MY AXE!!!"
Ethereal: "How barbaric. Only the most primitive of beings would relish in such destruction. I'm sorry, but if you're going to waste my time like this, I'll be summoning my Honor Guard. Now leave."
Tzeench: "...."
Nurgle: "..."
Slannesh: "..."
Khorne: "...jerkwad."
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2007, 23:19   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

That just about sums it up, although in a much funnier way

Damn, I've ran out of room in my sig >

Quote: