Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My 1850 Army
Closed Thread
Old 04 Mar 2005, 00:07   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default My 1850 Army

This is the army that I've been putting together for about half a year now...having no money sucks...
This is the first army that I put together, all of my modles except kroot and one crisis are in this army...so no complete changes

HQ

Crisis Suits
Shas'o
Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle
Multi-Tracker, Hard-Wired Drone Controler
Two Gun Drones

Shas'vre(Body Guard)
Plasma Rifle, Missile Pod
Multi-Tracker* * * *

Elites

Stealth Suits
Shas'ui x5

Team Leader Shas'ui
Hard-Wired Drone Controler, Bonded
Two Gun Drones

Troops

Fire Warriors x2

Shas'la x 11 with Pulse Rifles
Shas'ui
Pulse Rifle, Marker Light
Bonded

Transports x2

Devil Fish
Target Array, Seeker Missile

Fast Attack

Pathfinders

Shas'la
3 Rail Rifles
4 Pulse Carbine

Shas'ui
Pulse Carbine, Drone Controler
Two Gun Drones, Bonded

Devil Fish
Target Array, Decoy Launchers

Heavy

Hammer Head
Rail Gun, Smart Missile System
Multi-Tarcker, Disruption Pods

Hammer Head
Ion Cannon, Smart Missild System
Multi-Tracker, Disruption Pods

Broadsides
Shas'ui x3
2x Multi-Tracker
Drone Controler
Two Shield Dones

Total 1848

I haven't played a game with the full team out...a few 1000 pointers is all

Be kind and thanks in advance!
"A thousand fibers connect each of us with our fellow Tau and along those fibers our deeds run as causes which come back to us as effects. Everything we do must be in furtherance of the Greater Good lest we return to the Mon'ta, the Terror." Shas'o Vior'la Kasis, Fire Warrior Commander.
Old 04 Mar 2005, 00:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to dizzygamer
Default Re: My 1850 Army

HQ
drop the bodyuards, theyre counterproductive. Shas'El is more affordable and in fireknife he fills the requirement and does it cheap so we get more dakka/

Elites
dont bother with bonding as there are 2 left when it makes a diff. and drop the TL, he doesnt do much :P

Troops
dont bother w/ a ML, he doesnt even have a TL.
Targeters are useless w/out MT so drop them for DL which will save the fish.

FA
PF are your choice but bare bones are best, 8 Pf no upgrades and a fish w/ DL, cheaper and RR are very innefective.

HS
drop the DP for DL, you wont be using DP as much, or at least have both.

and with the ponts get some kroot, 20 man mob ought to do and as many Fireknife crisis as the leftovers will buy. (assuming you want to use those units, if not get something you like.
Want to know what Confrontation is?
go here
or MSN me, always happy to chat ^_^
Old 04 Mar 2005, 00:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Elites
In order to have a Hard-Wired Drone Controller I have to have a Team Leader...right? And what do you mean about droping bonded?

Toops
I think that i will drop the ML ore try to add TL...I see your point about having him needing to have TL
I think that i will replace the TA with DL for the fish

HQ
I understand about Shas'el and now that i look at it i just might do that, but since he already has gundrones with him i think that i will keep the bodyguard

thanxs for the tips
"A thousand fibers connect each of us with our fellow Tau and along those fibers our deeds run as causes which come back to us as effects. Everything we do must be in furtherance of the Greater Good lest we return to the Mon'ta, the Terror." Shas'o Vior'la Kasis, Fire Warrior Commander.
Old 04 Mar 2005, 01:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

the problem w/ bodyguards is they remove Independant character from the HQ, thus he can be targeted as a normal squad and is much more fragile, so the bodyguards actually get him killed more often than not.

as to the drones, yes you do bu tthe dromes arent very effective so just drop it all.

when you are below 50% you will have 2 models left, its not really a well spent 10pts, better to get more useful upgrades.

go here
Old 04 Mar 2005, 01:09   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

ok i see what u are saying about the bodyguard as well as the drones for the HQ

Though don't the drones in the stealth suit squad count to the squad numbers?
If that is so then the squad is at three models when under 50%...is Bonded still not worth it?
I think so since they do have 3 shoots apiece...
Old 04 Mar 2005, 01:13   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

drones dont count for being below 50%, they do count for 25% and 50% casualty morale checks though.

best to just not take drones and eliminate the hassle, or make them a stealth and have 4 and 3 squads, then push them both to 5 men a peice for 90pts. or just dont take drones
go here
Old 04 Mar 2005, 01:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
best to just not take drones and eliminate the hassle, or make them a stealth and have 4 and 3 squads, then push them both to 5 men a peice for 90pts. or just dont take drones
humm...I like that i might just have two 5 man teams of stealth suits
Old 04 Mar 2005, 01:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

good stuff, have a tweak with the list and post the revision then.
go here
Old 04 Mar 2005, 01:43   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Does anyone else have anything to say before I update the army? I would like to get more than one opinion...
Old 04 Mar 2005, 02:27   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

I pretty much agree with dizzy on the drones.

Dizzy doesn't like Pathfinders all that much, but I think that they add an interesting element to the Tau Mecha army. Couple of thoughts/suggestions:

1. HQ: Drop your Shas'o to Shas'el. Make him a Fire Knife (PR, MP, MT). No sense having a FB when you have 4(!) railguns on the field. What tanks are still going to be around after the 2nd turn? No bodyguards. Especially since you have elite slots open.

2. Elites: 6 man stealth team, no bonding or upgrades. 180 points of goodness! After rearranging all those points, you might be able to squeeze in 2 Monat Fire Knife Crisis suits. I'd go with that over a second full stealth team.

3. Troops: Mounted FWs are awesome. To save points, drop the bonding. You want decoy launchers/MT on your devilfish. Get rid of the markerlights. You've got like 8 of them with the Pathfinders and you'll never use them effectively with a FW team. Better to shoot his rifle!

4. Heavy: HHs are great. Give 'em decoy launchers cause you'll want to keep them around. Consider dropping Ion cannon for Railgun. Need points? Swap the SMS for the burst cannons. But it all depends on how you like to play. I like big guns blowing up stuff and giggling as I place 2 pie plates on the same squad in cover. That's been markerlighted.

5. Heavy: BS are great, but a very static part of a very mobile army. If you can, get HH/Kroot instead. If you must field them, drop the MT and get TL. You'll never be firing the Railgun and the SMS at the same targets anyway. Most likely anything you fire the Railgun at will not be in SMS range. And if it's in SMS range, 12 TL Pulse Rifles is better than 3 TL railguns, depending on the target.
Also, have you considered TL PR? Very expensive, but since you're dropping the shield drones, might want to equip it. A BS can move and fire the TL PR the full 24 inches. So now once all those tanks are gone, you can start moving the squad forward and still be able to shoot the secondary weapons.

5. Fast Attack: No more than 2 rail rifles on the Pathteam as you want to make sure those MLs hit where they are supposed to. Drones are fine as they pad the squad some more, consider getting another seeker missile or two.

Seeker missiles are dangerous as you really have to be aware of target priorities. I've poorly used them in games and used them wonderfully to destroy targets of opportunity. If you do buy them, make sure you know how to use them. Which I'm sure you do. It's me that doesn't!!!
Closed Thread