Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Japanese themed army
Old 14 Jul 2007, 08:33   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to 420Jesus
Default Japanese themed army

I'm sure this has been done before but i was thinking of doing a Japanese themed tau army, using the WWII rising sun as a banner and white and black with red sept markings for the general scheme.
My first thoughts were to include many stealth's in the list and not too many heavies like maybe running a single railhead and possibly some broadsides. But after some thinking about how the Japanese army would be represent i was thing markerlight heavy with mount and footslogging firewarriors, pathfinders and two skyrays. i don't have an actual list put together because i'm stillthinking of something that will have a very unique and Japanese playstyle.
Does anyone know of anyone doing this sort of theme or what sort of structure/color scheme could make this army stand out for the crowd ??? I'm open to criticism and will be posting pics of my army when my camera stops being a jerk. i have a tau jetbike conversion based off the concept drawing id really like to be seen.
Old 14 Jul 2007, 09:52   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Japanese themed army

Check out miniaturespace.com --> http://www.miniaturespace.net/images...01%20front.JPG

I felt that it gave the army a Japanese feel, but I would have used different colors.

But nevertheless, awesome minis.

Really, the Tau would be ideal for a Japanese themed army. There are already some simple similarities. Their left shoulder guard for example, are essentially a Japanese osode.

But, as far as additional flavor, adding katana to your teams' Shas'ui or commander would be a nice touch. Heck, if I could, I'd add them to each model.

-Kur'os
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 17:12   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to 420Jesus

Yes, I've seen the banners before and was thinking of adding them to either only shas'uis or to an entire ethereal honour guard in larger games because i was thinking of adding an ethereal (although I've never played one and they are a bit of a point sink IMO).
The katanas are a great idea and i already decided to bond all FW teams and that would be a great representation for the 'ui. Although i think katanas and banners on the Ui might look a little busy comaped to the reg warriors, ill have to try it and see, but ill definitely add katanas to all my crisis suits. Before anyone comments bonding teams is pointless I'm doing this more for fluff than for strategy as i guarantee a Japanese army would have their teams bonded because of their strong loyalty and honour.
Does anyone know of a good way to add a osode to the shoulder of the crisis without using the FW shoulderpad ? something a little bigger possibly, ill surf some mini sites for inspiration.
Thank you already for your ideas
Old 14 Jul 2007, 17:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Japanese looking Tau sound pretty intresting. Specifically with Crisis suits, since they have been inspired by Mecha Anime (Mobile suit gundam, etc.) They would look amazing when put to use on the tabletop.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Bugga62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2007, 22:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i personally would change the style of the banners to be more like the samurai type so it stands out when in profile... do you guys know what im going for? as for the shoulder pad on a suit i cant really think of a cheap conversion... but if you're willing you could modify the leg armor from another suit and use them, kinda sucks cause you scrap a suit, but spare parts are handy. =P
SUUPAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 01:19   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Khanaris shamelessly plugs his own banners:

They are not that hard to make, and they definitely add a lot to the overall theme.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 01:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Wow Khanaris, for some odd reason I never thought of you as the converting sort...

Awesome stuff, though. ;D

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 02:38   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

What's wrong with WWII Japan themed? If anything, I would have thought of them being more ultra-modern in terms of looks(polished, straight-edged, hard corners and the like).
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 03:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Call me old fashioned but being from Australia and having grandparents that fought in WWII defending Australia from the Japanese it doesn't have a good stigma. But thats just me.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2007, 05:30   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

That's all in the past, though. Do we still hate Germans because of Hitler? Are there any Americans that are still pissed off at Britain?

Wait...

Anyway, yes, I love those back banners. I don't know why but they look so awesome. So impractical though, the Tau would never really use them.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote