Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

will be playing first game in 1 Week!!
Old 13 Jul 2007, 00:09   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default will be playing first game in 1 Week!!

Hi like the title says I will be playing my first 40k game Vs Necrons in about a weeks time, so could you guys take a look at my army list and let me know what you think.
I would also like to ask any of you who have played against necrons what should I be expecting and tactics that I might use against them, its going to be a pitched battle.

Shas`o- Missile Pod,Cyclonic Ion Blaster,Shield Generator,HW Multitracker 127Pts

2 Xv8 Battle suits- Missile Pod, Fusion Blaster,Multitracker 104Pts
Missile Pod, Burst Cannon,Multitracker

3 Stealthsuits- Shas`vreFusion Blaster, Drone Controller, Marker Drone 122Pts

12 Fire Warriors- 120Pts
12 Fire Warriors- 120Pts
12 Kroot- Sharper,4 Hounds,1 Krootox Rider 164Pts

8 Pathfinders- Devilfish,2 Railrifles 196
6 Vespid- Strain Leader 102Pts

1 Broadside(only got 1)- Shas`vre Hw Multitracker,Targetting Array,Drone Controller, 110Pts
Shield Drone
2 Sniper Teams- 160Pts

1 HammerHead- Railgun,Burst cannons,Sensor Spines, Multitracker 170Pts

Total 1495Pts

Thanks
No 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 00:16   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: will be playing first game in 1 Week!!

Just popping in to say good luck. I'm new as well and have yet to play a real game.

I wish I could offer some advice, but I'm still learning about the game, and know even less about Necrons. >.<;;

-Kur'os
Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 01:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

OK, here's my two cents:

- Your XV8 Suits should be changed to Fusion Blaster, Plasma Rifle, and Multi-Tracker. You'll have a better time dropping the Necron Warriors than your current configurations. Also for the future, its generally never a good idea to mix Battlesuit configuration. Your team won't be able to engage any target effectively than if you had a set configuration for each of your Battlesuit teams.

- I think you should drop the Shield Generator on your commander. You could take advantage of his independent character status to hide him.

- Peronsally, I'm not too much a fan of Krootox, Hounds and Shapers in Kroot squad. You can drop them and put more numbers into your Kroot or Vespid Squad.

- I haven't had much experience with Fusion Blasters in Stealth Suit squads, but against the Necrons, they may just do their job. I don't know if I'm liking the Marker Drone in the squad, because you loose mobility when you add it. If you drop it, you can add an extra suit to the squad.

Those are just a few changes I would make. Other than that it looks fine.

Good luck with your first battle and happy hunting

Snowbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immortal Black Mage
The sacrament of Dakka can be expressed only by those who have experienced it. It is a holy sacrament (of fire) that states "We are firing our guns at you. Die."
The Canadian Snowbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 01:35   #4 (permalink)
Tyr
Shas'Saal

I might consider dropping the railgun on the Hammerhead and swapping for a cheaper Ion Cannon. That is fantastic vs Necron immortals and destroyers and saves some points, However it will give you less chance to take out a monilith.

I have to concur with snowbird about the marker drone. Taking away mobility from the stealths will see them dead real quick.

Also as he said the shield gen isn't all that good on your commander. It might help him against a staff of light equipped lord, but Necrons also get warsythes which ignore inv saves. Drop it an possible put a plasma rifle on the lord, Missle is still really good but anything that takes away a crons Armour save is better. Plus Crons dont get light vechiles it is basically the monolith or a Toughness value.

With the extra points maybe beef up your kroot vespid squads and possibly sneak in a 3rd sniper drone team.

As for tactics. Kill Destroyers and scarabs first. Scarabs are fast and can assault you from 18" away so kill them before they can tie up your units in close combat.
Run away from monoliths (shoot your broadside at it) and Ctan.
Immortals are also a pain as they have guns that kill fire warriors on 2's and can move and shoot 24"

Watch out for deepstriking Monoliths and Lords with veil of darkness(allows deepstriking each turn for the lord and a unit within 6")

Go for a phase out.
Good luck and let us know how it goes

"I have taken great pains not to laugh at the actions of aliens, nor to weep at them or to hate them, but to understand them."- Aun'shi
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 03:48   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr
I might consider dropping the railgun on the Hammerhead and swapping for a cheaper Ion Cannon. That is fantastic vs Necron immortals and destroyers and saves some points, However it will give you less chance to take out a monilith.
Im going to have to agree with Tyr here. Ion weapons are great against necron troops.
Dangerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 09:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

actually, at first glance, my question is, what ekse do you have to swap out?

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 09:56   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Any time i have played Necrons, i have struggled. fire warriors drop like flies to destroyers. As do battlesuits. In this match try to get rid of his warriors models, so he phases out. Other problems i have found is the WBB. If they get jammy with their rolls, you could see most of what you killed getting up, insta kill is an option to this.

Off topic, does anyone know what happens when models with the WBB are covered by my armies models? say either they get killed by fire and my kroot get a consolidation into the next necron squad and the WBB models are "under" them. Or my suits assaulkt move over them?

"Yes indeed Giles"
Trick3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 12:35   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Yaifrog

I agree with the others, however I do think you should keep the shield generator on your commander. You should want to switch out your railhead for an ionheadand you should definately get rid of those sensor spines and give your vehicles decoy launchers. Also, with the points saved from the railgun you could upgrade your fishy to a warfish (SMS, decoy launchers, multi-tracker). This will definately give the little devil something to do, instead of just dropping off the pathfinders and sitting around.
Yaifrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 18:04   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

@shasocastris I got another sniper team and Hammerhead an Etherealgun drones one more squad of fire warriors.

Just want to say thanks for all the advice so far and was just wonderin how does a marker drone make stealth suits less maneuverable?

No 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jul 2007, 18:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Because the marker light on the marker drones is considered a heavy weapon, you can't move and shoot it in the same round. So, you can do the JSJ tactic that our suits are famous for. You can fire it in the shooting phase and then jump, but that only gives you 6" of movement per turn instead of 12.

Commander Scoutfox
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote