Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Markerlights
Old 11 Jul 2007, 15:43   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Markerlights

I've used the search function and been trawling through previous threads on the issue and can't really find the answer I have concerning markerlights and I'm running out of time.

Example -
I have two ten men Fire warrior squads.
I give each of the Shas'ui a marker light
The squads are next to each other.
Now I think I'm right in saying that if the team leader shoots his market light at an enemy squad he successfully marks the unit on a 4+ and a counter is put down, but the rest of the Firewarriors in his squad can't use the benefits of that makerlight. But the Firewarriors from the team next to his own can?

So the squads are next to each other - both Shas'ui successfully fire their market lights – so each unit gains the benefit of the makerlight from the Shas’ui of the other team? Allowing them all to fire a BS 4?

Is that right?

A couple of other noob questions while I'm here -

Do Broadsides need Multi-trackers to fire both their missiles and Railguns?
Whats the situation with pathfinders? They all have markerlights? So they need to fire them all at one unit? So if they fire and all hit one enemy unit will have say 6 markerlight counters on them for the rest of the army to benifit from or can they split their shots?

There are probably really silly questions and sorry for any time wasting but I'm confused :-\

Thanks in advance for any help. :-*
Old 11 Jul 2007, 15:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar
Default Re: Market lights

All of the shooting is done step-by-step, so no, the two teams of Firewarriors would not be able to benefit and become BS4. Only one of them could, and you would have a marker left over after the two stopped firing. However, if the markerlights were networked markerlights(Marker Drones, Sniper Spotters, Skyrays), then you still wouldn't be able to benefit each squad, but the markerlights would be able to benefit their squad.

Yes, Broadsides need either a Multi-Tracker or Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker to fire both weapons.

Unless a model has a Target Lock or Hard-Wired Target Lock, the whole unit must fire at the same target.
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2007, 16:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to razgriz_cipher

Yes everthing Trafalgar said is right. I am just confirming it.
Old 11 Jul 2007, 16:16   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the swift replies. Just to clarify, with networked markerlights each squad would benefit from their own allowing them to all fire at BS 4. (But at a mighty 30 points I dont think it's worth it)

What about the Pathfinders - ?

Oh yeah and can I give my commanders bodyguard, Cyclic Ion blasters? So possibly having a team of 3 suits with 3 CIB and 3 MP?
Old 11 Jul 2007, 16:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollopoint

Oh yeah and can I give my commanders bodyguard, Cyclic Ion blasters? So possibly having a team of 3 suits with 3 CIB and 3 MP?
You can only have of each type of special issue item per army, IIRC - shame
Old 11 Jul 2007, 16:45   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I just read that, ahh well. :P

Well that's cleared that up - Except Pathfinders ??? I just can't get my head roud them. ;D
Old 11 Jul 2007, 16:55   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Thanks for the swift replies. Just to clarify, with networked markerlights each squad would benefit from their own allowing them to all fire at BS 4. (But at a mighty 30 points I dont think it's worth it)
Well, all shots would be fired with increased BS - except further markerlight shots. So it isn`t possible to boost the performance of Pathfinders with another Markerlight.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2007, 23:00   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

Just whip out your codex and look carefully over the section on markerlights in the "Infantry Wargear" segment.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2007, 02:14   #9 (permalink)
Tyr
Shas'Saal

If you have a team leader/Shas'ui with a hardwired target lock he can shoot at a different target to the rest of the squad, otherwise all the pathfinders must marker the same squad.
Usually meaning whichever squad gets hit by the pathfinders is going to feel some pain.

"I have taken great pains not to laugh at the actions of aliens, nor to weep at them or to hate them, but to understand them."- Aun'shi
Tyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2007, 07:20   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Marker light markers?

Marker lights is what really brought my attention to the Tau in the first place.

A related question: What do you guys use for counters to indicate when a unit is being lit by a marker light?
(Seems like nobody's using the same type of counters that I do... (pictures to be included later).)

/Olle