Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Finding Tau Fluff
Old 10 Jul 2007, 21:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Finding Tau Fluff

One of the big reasons I love 40k is for the fluff. But aside from the IA3 book, I cant seem to find any tau fluff. Short of writing my own, does anyone know where I can find some?
SUUPAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2007, 22:27   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Re: Finding Tau Fluff

Would something like this http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=31170.0 be what you are looking for?
Also check out the sticky, http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=38773.0 on the board, it has links to other sources of fluff
zannal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2007, 22:29   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

There are a couple of Black Library books (Firewarrior, etc.) which might help you.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2007, 03:26   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

hehe thanks, the stuff on the forum will hold me over for a bit. But I checked BL and all they have is FW, is there really no other place?
Old 11 Jul 2007, 04:18   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Actually, there are a few places.

- The GW website itself. This link will take you to four great short stories.
- The Black Library. You've already heard of "Firewarrior." The Tau are also a prominant part in the first Ciaphas Cain novel, "For The Emperor." (In particularly, I came to love the Kroot thanks to this novel). And though I haven't read it, "Rogue Star" has a great deal of Tau involvement, the book itself leading up to right before the Damocles Gulf crusade. In fact, its sequel, "Star of Damocles," will cover that very conflict.
- This site. Wargamer has written much, which I have as yet not had the time to read. I personally like Calmsword's writings - his massive fluff knowledge makes for very good, "accurate" accounts. I highly recommend the as yet unfinished "The Everpresent." Worth mentioning is Faolin's work, which I also truly enjoy. There are many other great writers on these forums, but I only speak of those I have heard about or are familiar with.
- You! We're currently working on Project TAU, hashing out some sort of consistency in Tau background fluff. There's also our collaborative story project for the upcoming campaign. You're welcome to try your hand at both, as well as to post your own writings in the Fluff/Stories thread.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2007, 05:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thanks El'lyi'ot, I'll definitely check out those BL books. Still thinking of a few things to write for my own fluff stories though...=P
Old 12 Jul 2007, 02:18   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Nice job on the fluff you wrote in the collaborative thread - looks good!

Something I forgot to mention: the old Tau codex has more fluff in it than the newer Tau Empire codex. It also has more modeling tips. And artwork. I really recommend it.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2007, 04:09   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Thank you. ;D As for the Old Codex, a friend kindly donated that to me when i first joined our cause, the fluff is definitely good.