Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

using Farsight
Old 09 Jul 2007, 15:13   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default using Farsight

Hey guys.

Well, I'm personally getting bored with not being included in the assault phase of the game. I know Tau don't do that, but it gets irritating when you don't have any effective counter measures against enemy assault squads, and as soon as one gets there, you get kind of screwed. Plus, you have to face enemy fire. Now, I play mech Tau almost exclusively, not being one for fire warriors on foot. Now, as such, I want to try out Farsight, and still play Mech Tau. To this end, I figured I might as well use a lot of XV8 teams, as that is what Farsight is based upon. So I ask all of you, what Mech Farsight army list configurations have worked for you all? Thanks for your help.

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 15:49   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to The General
Default Re: using Farsight

if you wanna use farsight max out on crisis suits give farsight his full 7 bodygaurd team IMO
Be Evil.
(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 15:51   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

If you want to play an assault phase, take Kroot. Make best use of their abilities, and they can give you a very good combat edge, whilst still playing your mech tau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Jul 2007, 19:23   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

If someone you know owns a Kroot Mercenaries army, try out a couple battles using them. Then go back to playing Tau. The answer will then reveal itself to you.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2007, 03:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Where I play, kroot are only useful as a scoring unit and counter infiltration. Even guardsmen are good against kroot, as we have no save. I'd rather use them for shooting.

Cheers!
Originally Posted by Faolin
"Human nature" only prevents a better future if we accept it as unchangeable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechTau
Shasocastris, since my return to these boards, nothing has made a bigger impression than you and your views.
shasocastris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2007, 07:53   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by shasocastris
Where I play, kroot are only useful as a scoring unit and counter infiltration. Even guardsmen are good against kroot, as we have no save. I'd rather use them for shooting.

Cheers!
Then you are using them right. Kroot are not inclined for drawn out slugfests: their true advantage lies in their ability to lay out a large number of shots (from a variety of cover types) from first turn on for relatively low costs. The ADVANTAGE of doing this is that it is a lure for their assault teams. With the way assault teams usually pile in on their target, having two attacks base means that you can punish them severely for attempting to attack you...and at initiative 10, at that. Even just having eight kroot within combat range means that you get 16 free attacks at them before they can even scratch you.

This is why I suggest trying to play Kroot Mercs for a little bit. The kroot are a vital tool for stalling or even negating assaults (typically because the enemy HAS to charge them, or be continually hit with cris-crossing fields of fire on their way to the rest of the army)... AND if you field your units right, and take advantage of hounds/shapers, you can really lay on the pain.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote