Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I played in Emperors champion tournament
Closed Thread
Old 02 Mar 2005, 00:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411
Default I played in Emperors champion tournament

Yes, my fellow Tau players, I played in the Emperor's Champion Tournament at Third Planet the hobby store in Torrance, California. I regret to say, though, I went one and two. See I had to choose between two list my firepower list and my marine killing list. I rolled for it and ended up with my marine killing list that had a kroot squad in it instead of an extra firewarrior squad and Crisis suits armed with more plasma rifles. The first game was against Space marine Chapter: Relictors. The first three turns I dominated killing both his cyclones in the first turn and picking off their squads with my firewarriors, though my HH did'nt do much to the whirlwind until the fifth turn, which was ridiculous. My kroot got fried, though, by a flamer in the second turn. But things got bad in turn four. My crisis suits, broadside, and firewarriors had backed up to the table edge to avoid attack from the enemy librarian and marines and it was a fatal mistake. The Librarian used " Fear the Darkness" on me and got all the suits and firewarriors and they all fell back off the table edge and things went down after that. I lost in short.
The next was against witch hunters, basically what happened was a callidius assasin slaughtered one crisis suit squad and one Broadside, my Kroot got fried again, and amazingly though my firewarriors beat these wicthhunters with powerfist chainswords, which was cool. I lost again.
Now My last game was against tyranids but the good part was that one: He was just filling in for his friend and really plays blood angels normally so he was inexperienced, 2: the army was mainly fexes and Hive Tyrants with only two hormagaunt squads. First annilated most all of a gaunt squads in turn one and wounded the fex to one wound. The coolest part I would have to say about this battle is that my firewarrior beat gaunts in close combat, with the aid of some crisis suuits later. My Kroot did not get fried this time and they pummeled the ripper swarm squads but were evenchually devoured by a fex. I claimed total victory over them with minimal casualties. It was fun even though I lost two games.

Did any of you guys participate in Emperors Champion Tournament?
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Old 02 Mar 2005, 00:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: I played in Emperors champion tournament

Not emperors champion tournaments, no. Other tournaments, yes.
Old 02 Mar 2005, 02:43   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

what is a emperors champion tournament? I'm still kinda new to warhammer
"A thousand fibers connect each of us with our fellow Tau and along those fibers our deeds run as causes which come back to us as effects. Everything we do must be in furtherance of the Greater Good lest we return to the Mon'ta, the Terror." Shas'o Vior'la Kasis, Fire Warrior Commander.
Old 02 Mar 2005, 05:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via MSN to Mr.Spock411 Send a message via Yahoo to Mr.Spock411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauyon
what is a emperors champion tournament?* I'm still kinda new to warhammer
Emperors Chamopion Tournament is a big GW tournament held at local hobby stores. I don't know anything specific but thats what I know.
Live with honor, die with honor
Arrogance destroys the arrogant
War is Hell
Knowlegde is power
Death to ignorance and stupidity
Kendo is my only salvation
Closed Thread