Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What is the best Crisis suit config?
Old 02 Jul 2007, 12:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default What is the best Crisis suit config?

Im trying to figure out what is the best Crisis Suite conf out there. Right now I use a Fireknife config and I seem to have good results with it but I was wondering if there is a better config out there. In my gaming group I face more 3+ armies than anything, I mean we have 2 Chaos, 1 Necorn, 1 SOB, 2 nid, 2 Eldar, and one other Tau player. So Im trying to find a config that will do well vs all of those armies.

Natakue
"You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Current Armies
Tau - La'Rune Sept W/L/D 1-5-3
Natakue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 13:04   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge
Default Re: What is the best Crisis suit config?

My two favorite configs are the Deathrain and the Helios.

Deathrain: Twin Linked missile pods, 1 support system.

Useful at range, the twin missile pods give you a good chance of hitting with some punchy weapons. Able to hurt large monsters as well as light tanks, only AV 14 is impervious to them although 13 is difficult. Wounding MEQ's on 2's, they can also hurt marines, even with a save. Prime targets, however, are the enemy APC's. Stopping that Rhino or Wave Serpent is easy when you Deathrain!
Try taking a group of 2, and keeping them at the back for mobile, long range fire support.

Helios: Plasma Rifle, Fusion, 1 support or 1 twin linked.

While very short range, the helios is the ultimate marine killer. Punching through even terminator armour with impunity, these things will kill just about anything. You have to be careful though, as getting too close can mean death. Prime targets are MEQ/TEQ, but should a tank come along, don't be afraid to use them Fusion Blasters!
I prefer using them as flanking Monats, or Monats running with a mounted fire team. They can lend their low AP fire power to the FoF, and really make a difference.

Look Here, here and here for some very good tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 14:13   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Really depends on what your opponents use. I just tried the Ninja'O for the first time yesterday against Eldar, and I must say I was impressed. He is very expensive but he soaked up a ton of fire and shrugged off wounds like insect bites. Not to mention he killed a Farseer and a squad of Dire Avengers with the aid of a Warfish. Here is the configuration I used.

Shas'O PR, CIB, VRT, IA, Stims, HWMT = 155 points

For regular XV8s I like:

Thunderrain: Shas'vre TwLMP, AFP, HWMT = 78 points

I try to take this suit in almost every list. The AFP is so good at combating hordes or anyone that gets a bonus to cover saves, like Pathfinders. I use him as my leader for combat patrols as well. The missile pod is used during the first two turns and then as I close in, I start to lob shells on infantry while tearing them apart with the missiles, which often punch right through their armor.

Deathrain: TwLMP Flamer, or TA = 47/53 points

Best all around cheap anti-APC suit. I usually use the flamer version, and tried the TA version for the first time last night, but he got his head blown off by a star cannon in the first round. I've learned not to take one of these against Necrons, but against any other army they come in handy.

Helios: PR, FB, MT = 62 points

I love this suit against Necrons, and I might arm my Ninja'O this way as well. Punches right through the toughest armor, though it has shorter range so you have to be very wise with terrain and movement.

There are so many good variations and you must choose the ones that best reflect your needs and playing style. There have been a lot of questions about suits and configurations, so I'm going to write up a "beginners guide to the XV8". Look for it soon, and I'll add how to make an AFP and CIB from parts.

Commander Scoutfox
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 15:09   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

THanks for the help im still trying to learn the the Tau and to be honest I think they fit my play style much better then my eldar. I agree that your Ninja'o is expinsive but if he makes the points back he has to be worth it IMO. I like the TwLMP with the TA config...I may have to try that out. Again thanks!

Take care!

Natakue
"You'll shoot your eye out kid!"

Current Armies
Tau - La'Rune Sept W/L/D 1-5-3
Natakue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jul 2007, 15:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I'm a fan of the helios, but not as monats.

I use them in units of 3, with shield drones and the "pathfinder upgrade"

terminators don't like them for obvious reasons
necrons don't like them b/c they wipe squads at a time with a little help.
Knight Actual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 17:06   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

for HQ I definitely love the Ninja'O

as for elites, the Fireknife Configuration in teams of three with MT, PR, MP is great, with plenty of fire power that is low enough AP to take care of most units. Its even better with a TA and HWMT.

The only down side is the point cost... 72 pts a modle with the TA 62pts without.
SUUPAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 17:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to The General

i personally like the plasma and fusion blaster and Multi tracker combo... but if your facing a swarf or no 2+ armour values go with the burst cannons and misslepods or plasmarifles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natakue
Im trying to figure out what is the best Crisis Suite conf out there. Right now I use a Fireknife config and I seem to have good results with it but I was wondering if there is a better config out there. In my gaming group I face more 3+ armies than anything, I mean we have 2 Chaos, 1 Necorn, 1 SOB, 2 nid, 2 Eldar, and one other Tau player. So Im trying to find a config that will do well vs all of those armies.
wow that sounds similar to the store i go to for playing...
Be Evil.
(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2007, 17:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Against the heavier armour (2+/3+ save) I've calculated that statistically the Fireknife combo combined with multitracker is what earns you the most wounds per turn on average.
(It's also superb against lighter armoured foes.)

Cheers
Olle