Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

My 1K Army...finally
Closed Thread
Old 01 Mar 2005, 02:15   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default My 1K Army...finally

OK fellow Tau, here's my 1000 point army as it stands now...consider it a first draft, with room for improvement.* Suggestions and comments welcome...

HQ

Shas'el
TL Missile Pods + Plasma Rifle
MultiTracker - Hard Wired

TROOPS

Firewarriors (12)
+Shas'ui

Firewarriors (12)
+Shas'ui

Kroot Carnivores (12)

FAST ATTACK

Gun Drones ( 8 )

ELITE

3 Crisis Suits - Fire Knife Config.
* each a seperate elite choice

Stealth Squad (6)

HEAVY SUPPORT

Hammerhead w/ RG+Burst Cannons
Multi+Decoy

This leaves me 62 points over...any advice on how to trim it down or what to take out/leave in or substitute?* Keep in mind I'm basing this army basically on the fact that I have 1 Fire warrior Squad, I Command XV8 and I'm thinking of getting the Tau Boxed set for the bulk of the forrce.

thanks,

-M
Old 01 Mar 2005, 02:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun
Default Re: My 1K Army...finally

Firstly, what sorts of armies are you playing against? or is this a general list?

Anyway... points dropping...
just make the shas'el a fireknife for one; t-linking commanders is generally advised against because their bs is already pretty good, so they don't need it.
Drones don't work against marines, 'crons, tyranids, and anyone else with high ld.
You can't have each fireknife crisis as an individual suit because then you'd have 4 elites.... just take a squad of 3.
and kroot.... IMO cheap troops are only effective in large amounts. I'd drop them (and perhaps the drones if you reconsider) or boost them up to 20. More railguns or anti tank would be adviseable (hh, broadsides, up to you) depending on the armies you expect to face. For a general list, take a lone broadside.

Nice list overall.... stand and shoot with some mobile elements, I take it?
Old 01 Mar 2005, 02:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Heya Khaldun

Yea...this is pretty much a standard 1k point army...some static elements, some mobile. Drones would be fast attack and with Kroot, would basically be used to slow down an advance for my 2 FW's to pepper at. Stealth's and Crisis for heavy hitters and vehicles and HH and Command for mobile 'band-aids', making sure the front hold...or for flank attacks.

Re: the 3 elites...I can't take 3 seperate elite choices with my Crisis suits? Please 'splain...it's been awhile since I've played 40k

Eventually, I'm considering a Broadside or a Pathfinder squad, since I can convert the HH to a DF.

I'm thinking of reducing the Stealth squad to 5, instead of 6 to cut down on points, and losing the shas-ui's on the FW squad...no real reason to have them since I'm not droning the squads or marker lighting them...

-M
Old 01 Mar 2005, 03:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

each individual squad counts as one elites, and stealth are elites. Therefore, 3+1=4, and too many. Sorry for the confusion :P
But take my advice on the kroot here; either drop them for your points or max them out; kroot in small numbers tend to die and just run away.
Old 01 Mar 2005, 03:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Ok...bear with me, as I'm a coming back to 40k after a few years absence...what's the limit on Elites? I thought that once I had my compulsories...the rest were up for grabs...

thanks,

-M
Old 01 Mar 2005, 03:23   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

elites, heavy support, and fast attack all have a limit of 3. troops limit of 6, and HQ limit of 2
Old 01 Mar 2005, 03:37   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

::revelation hits, inspired choir of angels belt out in chorus...:::

Ahhhhh...I get it! lol.

Ok...hmmm...gotta rethink this elite thing...

thanks for the heads up...and the patience!

-M
Old 01 Mar 2005, 21:03   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via MSN to Fire_Warrior

were do i start first u need a pathfinder squad and seeker missiles if u dont take that i suggest you collect a different hobby and the drones what r u thinking there 12 point a piece and hit on 5+ out of 8 of them you'll be lucky to get 3 hits and the crisis make 1 squad that way if they only kill one they dont get any points for it and for your shas'el y would u twin-link missle pod with its hitting on 3+ honstly and if u can explain to me why u took the kroot squad message me plz because other whis they are usless and with my little help here maybe u might have more then 62 point left over and u can get yourself somthing nice

ur welcome for the advise fire warrior

P.S. if anyone can explain somthing so good about these kroot message me plz and thx you

Edit by RJay: Where do i start, first you failed to use sentences, second you failed to use punctuation, third the content is absolute rubbish and fourth what you have posted is in my view inflammatory and not satisfactory for a member of these forums. Sort it.
Old 01 Mar 2005, 21:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire_Warrior
were do i start first u need a pathfinder squad and seeker missiles if u dont take that i suggest you collect a different hobby and the drones what r u thinking there 12 point a piece and hit on 5+ out of 8 of them you'll be lucky to get 3 hits and the crisis make 1 squad that way if they only kill one they dont get any points for it and for your shas'el y would u twin-link missle pod with its hitting on 3+ honstly and if u can explain to me why u took the kroot squad message me plz because other whis they are usless and with my little help here maybe u might have more then 62 point left over and u can get yourself somthing nice

ur welcome for the advise fire warrior
Fire Warrior, no offense, but almost all of your advice is terrible and you need to start writing in complete sentences:
* No one needs pathfinders and seeker missiles (though I like them) and your comment following that is rude.
* Drones have TL guns and so have a better chance of hitting than FWs. Again, your comment attached to that is rude.
* Combining the crisis suits into one unit is terrible advice: You lose flexibility and mon'at don't need to worry about morale checks. Worrying about VPS if only one suit gets killed is hardly important. Of course he can't split them all up b/c that would require 4 elite slots.... as a result I'd dump one b/c pairs of crisis are high risk (one dead and you're taking "on your own" tests). Either that or find some more points in use one group of 3 and a lone one (I think 2 singles works better though)
* TL the MP greatly improves his chances to hit (3+ is only a 66% chance) and makes for a very useful configuration against light vehicles.
* Kroot? What was he thinking? Kroot are one of the best units for the price in the game. If you don't know what to do with them you obviously don't have very much experience.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 01 Mar 2005, 21:52   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Thanks for the response Waldo...yea, I thought some of his 'extra commentary' was a little rude and unneccesary...

to Fire_Warrior...

Everyone has their own take on what their army should consist of...your mileage may vary.

Me, I don't think pathfinders are all that vital in a 1000 point army, and there are more than a few lists on this forum that forgo including a Pathfinder/DF altogether.

That being said, I may include one some day if I decide to expand my army...and can afford to drop $60+ on one team... for now, they're just not neccesary...and no, I'm not looking for another hobby just because I don't include them.

Thanks anyway...

-M
Closed Thread