Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Wierdest thing happened
Closed Thread
Old 27 Feb 2005, 17:22   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Wierdest thing happened

the wierdest thing happened to me yesturday i eradicatied a load of orks in close combat with my fire warrior's
and i only lost ONE guy, me and my friend were properly scared the dice were'nt loaded cos we were useing the shops dice.It was the luckiest battle i ever had.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 17:27   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42
Default Re: Wierdest thing happened

lol, tau should be able to beat orks easily anyway, but in combat! ;D the ork player must have been wondering what he could have done to win! Nothing can stop the greater good of tau! Can you give us some more detail on his units/sizes etc.?
Old 27 Feb 2005, 17:56   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

That is crazy.* YOU SPEAK CRAZY!* ahem, sorry.* good luck get me crazy....

Give us the details!* We'd like to know exactly how fw's can defeat orks in cc, and then maybe try it ourselves.....
Old 27 Feb 2005, 17:59   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i can see it, i mean as long as they win initiative almost any army can beat some orks in close combat.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 18:16   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

fw's don't win initiative
Old 27 Feb 2005, 18:28   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

well they could have ork fighter and the orks waghhhhhhhhhh could go horribly wrong
Old 27 Feb 2005, 18:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

This is possible, it's weird, but possible. I had similar experiences.

It works out, simply because sometimes, they strike at the same time -- which afford the Tau to hit on 4's and wound on 5's (and the orks hitting on 3's and wounding on 4's a lot of times). The difference is, the Tau can be evenly matched via numbers and when they strike at the same time, the Tau can make 4+ armour saves and the orks will fail those 6's. Though I think it must have been a very small mob of Orks (ie: 8~10) and a full or near full squad of Firewarriors
Old 27 Feb 2005, 18:51   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

its quite easy really you get photon grenades and fw have higher iniative than shoota and the s and t and the Ws skill doesn't affect much and the dice roles are lucky, Easy.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 20:17   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

FWs have the same Initiative as orks assuming they didn't get the Waaagh! (which is automatic if they have more than 12 boyz in the mob and very likely even if they have fewer - if they have the Waaagh they strike before the FWs). They should have struck struck simultaneous.

The general who wins a battle makes many calculations before the battle is fought. - Sun Tzu

I want to die in my sleep like my grandpa, not screaming in terror like the rest of the people riding in his car.
Old 27 Feb 2005, 22:06   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Location: somewhere in the UK, plotting to take over the world

Keep in mind that rolling dice can be explained by statistics, on average the orks would probably win but there are always exceptions at both ends. This does of course mean that somewhere a squad of firewarriors has been shot to pieces by slugga boys.

some people have told me to get a life but i can't find anywhere on the internet to download one

world domination planned for next Thursday
Closed Thread