Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

piranha & drones sink tanks & squad?
Old 21 Jun 2007, 02:14   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default piranha & drones sink tanks & squad?

Quote:
First, surround an enemy transport in such a way that there is no legal place for transported models to disembark. Second, use the Fusion Blasters on your piranhas (or railguns, missile pods, whatever…) to blow up the enemy transport. Since the units inside have no legal place within 2” of the exit points to disembark to, they are destroyed.
My friend doesn't believe this can happen, and insists that the troops inside would merely 'push' past or into contact and then an assault would start. I'm at the end of a term paper and don't feel like re-reading my entire rulebook. If anyone could perhaps even tell me what page to search, I could do that. I've the tiny Battle for Maccarage rule book.
krupintupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 02:26   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: piranha & drones sink tanks & squad?

Only part of the base has to be within 2" of any exit point, keep in mind. That said, whatever models cannot adhere to this when disembarking are destroyed. Always.

I believe it's in vehicle rules, and it may not be in the macragge rulebook, but it's a general warhammer theme. Cant fit all the models on the DS template? Oooh, that sucks.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 02:27   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

P. 62 -> Under Disembarking.

Hear, ->

Removed - see my post below - .mace

Enjoy sticking it to your friend

P.S. To MODS -> I don't think that this violates anything (no real data, just rules), but feel free to take it down. I just tryed to help on this one.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 02:43   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

That.
Is.
Awesome.

It's be a crying shame if 70 points of piranha took out 350+ points of land-raider AND their terminators...
krupintupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 02:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupintupple
That.
Is.
Awesome.

It's be a crying shame if 70 points of piranha took out 350+ points of land-raider AND their terminators...
Two Piranha and their drones (3 Units for 3 Access Points ).
I think someone dubbed it the 'Feeding Frenzy' a while back.

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2007, 02:59   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_dog
P.S. To MODS -> I don't think that this violates anything (no real data, just rules), but feel free to take it down. I just tryed to help on this one.

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!
Yes it does. See the copyright notices inside the rulebook itself, just on the contents page. And pages like the Blast/Flame templates page (265) - technically you need their permission to copy anything in their book.

If you are unsure in the future, contact a moderator first and check with them before posting.

And we have our rules here as well:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tau Online
Posting of Copyrighted Information
Games Workshop spends huge amounts of money to produce rules and fluff for our enjoyment. As such Games Workshop doesn't want their copyrighted material posted on these forums and so posting of copyrighted rules, stat lines, fluff etc is prohibited. To see Games Workshop's official line on this, please read their Intellectual Property policy. Games Workshop also applies the Berne Convention to particular situations, and so please refer to that (or this shortened version) if you want a larger understanding of what you can and cannot post on these forums.
[hr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by krupintupple
That.
Is.
Awesome.

Just so you know - the main/big rulebook and the Battle for Macragge rulebook have the same page numbering for the core rules - so you'll find those rules on page 62 under Disembarking. ([size=smaller]Aside: <-- that is the correct way to reference rules here. If you are referring to a specific part of the rule, you can quote part of/a sentence to pinpoint what you're talking about. Otherwise copying whole sections of rules is generally not allowed.[/size])