Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

A name for "FoF, but with Piranha"
Old 20 Jun 2007, 19:30   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default A name for "FoF, but with Piranha"

I was reading Isfahel's Revised Piranha Tactica and it struck me that using Piranha to create a Fish of Fury effect deserves a name of its own.

Piranha of Pestering.

;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by El'lyi'ot
"What course of actions furthers the Greater Good?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel.wilson
...kill the opponent from as far away as possible, preferably from orbit.
Gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2007, 19:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: A name for "FoF, but with Piranha"

Or how about just "using Piranhas to block assaults"?

I can't tell you how badly I wish I could go back in time and veto Vegemite_of_Doom's suggestion of the Fish of Fury name. Gimmicky names seem like a neat idea at the time, but with three years hindsight they just seem kinda... lame. :P
"i like to think of playing against my list as being like punching jelly. you put all your effort in but it just moves out of the way and you cause no damage. then your arm is covered in jelly. and the chicks come out and start wrestling in the jelly, and i drink a beer with stone cold steve austin, and we watch the chicks jelly wrestling, and then the slap-bass funk starts wakka chakka wakka wakka woh" -- Spooky, describing Mech Tau

"You can of course make a list that attempts to work via fragility and easy VP donation and Pathfinders fit into that just fine." -- kai
T0nkaTruckDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2007, 20:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Or how about just "using Piranhas to block assaults"?

I can't tell you how badly I wish I could go back in time and veto Vegemite_of_Doom's suggestion of the Fish of Fury name. Gimmicky names seem like a neat idea at the time, but with three years hindsight they just seem kinda... lame.
Why is everyone harping about the name? Tt sounds great, gives the right expression, and is now associated everywhere (even in ye olde German speaking lands) with Tau.

You should be proud of it - no other army has a similarly cool name for a Tactic!
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jun 2007, 20:33   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

GW has acknowledged Fish of Fury as the name of the tactic in an online article, so I'm afraid its going to stick. Anyway, it provides an easier way to introduce the idea to people- "FoF" is easier associated with it than "that one tactic where they jump out the back and rapid fire".
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote