Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Chaos tau
View Poll Results: Chaos tau, yes or no?
yes 22 26.83%
no 60 73.17%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:50   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to blade_masda
Default Chaos tau

I for one, do not support this abomination of an idea. of, course every race is suseptible to curruption, but the tau have no warp presence, so cannot be touched by warp powers.

i just started this to see what people had to say on the matter
(yes i like starting pointless debates just to see what people say)

-Shas'el Dal'yth Tsua'm Ukos, in refference to the 13th Repentant Adeptus Astartes of Overlord Deathwing
blade_masda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 19:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to NileChild
Default Re: Chaos tau

Yeah I would agree on this, but I'm too lazy and listless to back it up, maybe later.

NileChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:01   #3 (permalink)
Xan
Shas'Saal

Tau have MINIMAL warp presence.They can be touched by warp manifestations as easy as any other material being , the mind influence is other thing.
If some demon/chaos good/sorcerer would be stubborn enough he could corrupt one Tau.
But then again in same time he could corrupt good 50-100 frail humans.
an exceedingly small amount of redeemable features
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:08   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Also the closes to chaos tau would be commander farsight as the Ethereals say he is fighting for his own Ideals. But even that could not be true. Turning Tau chaos would be of little value for the chaos too as it would take a long time for one Tau because they are Taught from birth the greater good, let alone making an army of them. Why would they want to do it as well, the Tau Empire is such a small place in the galaxy compared to even the Eye of Terror.

(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
Greater good or bust. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 20:11   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Nope, I doubt there'd be any real point, as it would take too long to corrupt Tau. Chaos would never manage to corrupt enough by the time they were noticed, so the 'Chaos Tau' would get slapped down one by one as they appeared and just wouldn't last. Despite rumours about Farsight, I don't think chaos got him ether, but that's a different topic.
Paulb34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 21:29   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Its possible, at least on a small scale. For example, picture a young shas'la, first time in combat, the horrors of war etc. A Khorne daemon notices at the wrong time and next thing you know he's dribbling, killing and screaming "Blood for the Blood god!" Take the novel fire warrior for example, yes I know no fire warrior could ever kill that much and the fluffs not entirely accurate but its still an idea of what could happen.
shaso_montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 22:40   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
But then again in same time he could corrupt good 50-100 frail humans.
which is why they don't bother with the tau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greater good or bust.
Also the closes to chaos tau would be commander farsight as the Ethereals say he is fighting for his own Ideals. But even that could not be true. Turning Tau chaos would be of little value for the chaos too as it would take a long time for one Tau because they are Taught from birth the greater good, let alone making an army of them. Why would they want to do it as well, the Tau Empire is such a small place in the galaxy compared to even the Eye of Terror.
fighting for his own ideals is
A: only what his enemies claim he is doing
and B: not chaotic, much of the fluff indicates farsight's enclave holding some greater evil away from the empire (necrons?) in any case it's largely shrouded in mystery but i don't see it leading to chaos in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walrus man (formerly Shas'o Mont'yr)
Its possible, at least on a small scale. For example, picture a young shas'la, first time in combat, the horrors of war etc. A Khorne daemon notices at the wrong time and next thing you know he's dribbling, killing and screaming "Blood for the Blood god!" Take the novel fire warrior for example, yes I know no fire warrior could ever kill that much and the fluffs not entirely accurate but its still an idea of what could happen.
hehe that book really can't be reallied on for much and that scenario is not really plausible.

chaos tau just really shouldn't exist, if you like chaos play chaos but you really shouldn't get the best of both worlds (tau shooting chaos cc units) IMO

Quote from: The Hawk on Today at 08:06:41 PM
Wow cheeseman you are the best TO member by far!!
cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 22:47   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Why the hell does everyone believe that you need to be possessed or something to become a follower of chaos? You don't. Being psychic only increases your chance to get possessed by a daemon, it has nothing to do with actually becoming a follower of chaos. Chaos lies, Chaos cheats, and Chaos seduces you into following them. They don't just mind **** you into becoming one of them. The Tau were perfectly content on killing and butchering each other before the Ethereals came, they are not immune to doing bad things. Unguided I don't see anything wrong with a Tau becoming seduced by the Dark Side (oops wrong universe :P). All these ideas that the Tau are the purest/untouchable race in 40k is pure B.S.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 23:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Adam Baker

Like you said, the Tau don't have presence in the Warp. But "Corrupted" Tau only can be seen from the Imperial point of view.
A cadre can be fouled to think that a Chaos Demon is a "Greater Good" emissary.
Adam Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 23:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Baker
the Tau don't have presence in the Warp.
???

Did you completely gloss over what Xan wrote?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Tau have MINIMAL warp presence.