Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Markerlight Target Designators
Old 18 Jun 2007, 12:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Markerlight Target Designators

Under the pathfinders entry in the Tau Codex it states that Pathfinders are equipped with a pulse carbine with markerlight target designators. Does this mean that the pathfinders carbine counts as two separate weapons (a carbine and a markerlight) which must be used separately (i.e. can only fire one of the two a turn) or as a carbine which causes markerlight effects?

I am thinking it is the latter though I am not sure, I&#39;ve not had much experience with pathfinders so I have not come across this before!

PS if the whole pathfinder squad shoots at a squad with its markerlight weapon (whatever it may be), I take it that each markerlight hit causes a markerlight counter...because that is so awesome that it is too good to be true.
My WIP Prussian themed Imperial Guard Army - Because you&#39;ve all asked for it!

JAGGED ALLIANCE &#39;09 - Bottled in Scotland (please enjoy responsibly) - Tau Empire
ARCANACON &#39;10 - PWNaVIC - Tau Empire: Veteran Cadre Pegasus - The Dal&#39;yth Oldbloods
BAMBASH - Shas&#39;El von Richthofen&#39;s Flying Circus - Tau Empire - Allied with Imperial Guard

- I survived the SEBF 24hr Painting Challenge!
- One of the last surviving members of the Blue Lake Battlegroup at Compton Hall :P
Shas O Dalyth Montau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jun 2007, 13:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Markerlight Target Designators

It&#39;s treated as two separate weapons, a Pulse Carbine and a Markerlight. Without any extra upgrades you can elect to shoot one only. And yep, each markerlight hit results in a counter being placed at the target.

Note that the normal shooting orders apply, shooting with a markerlight is treated just like any other squad going through its shooting phase; you can&#39;t have two squads &#39;shoot simultaneously&#39; and use its markerlight to benefit the other squad (in the case of having a markerlight on the Shas&#39;Ui for example). So obviously the counters can only be used by squads shooting after this squad has shot.