Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Mysterious links between Necrons and Tau?
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:40   #11 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Shas_O_Jeff
Default Re: Mysterious links between Necrons and Tau?

These are all really great points. I think a very viable argument could be that the C'Tan created the Tau as a biological and technologically superior race. The ethereals are placements to control and steer the Tau toward the goals of the C'Tan.

Another interesting point is the lack of Warp use by the Tau. The Medussa campaign focuses around the Tau trying to experiment with Warp technology. This leaves some room for discussion.

It could also be said that the Tau were created to combat the Necron. (except that I find the Tau inadequate against the Necron when gaming) The warp storms could have served as protection against the C'Tan.

Ha, I'm getting a little carried away.
Later y'all
Old 19 Jun 2007, 00:50   #12 (permalink)
Shas'El

These are all really great points. I think a very viable argument could be that the C'Tan created the Tau as a biological and technologically superior race. The ethereals are placements to control and steer the Tau toward the goals of the C'Tan.

Still leaves the problem of the Warp Storm. C'tan simply cannot create warp storms, so they couldn't have been responsible.

Does anyone else think that the emergence of the Ethereals couldn't have been very similar to the creation of the Emperor? He wasn't created by some darker power. Regardless of which fluff you read, only humans had a hand in his creation. Is it illogical to assume the Ethereals aren't much the same thing?

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 01:00   #13 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faolin

Does anyone else think that the emergence of the Ethereals couldn't have been very similar to the creation of the Emperor? He wasn't created by some darker power. Regardless of which fluff you read, only humans had a hand in his creation. Is it illogical to assume the Ethereals aren't much the same thing?
Yes but the emergence of the Ethereals is very mysterious. As the myth goes they just showed up one night. How can you not wonder where the heck they came from? And IIRC the xenology book made the claim that the Eldar and maybe the demurg had a hand in the creation of the ethereals. The Eldar at least being a former pawn of the Old Ones.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 01:04   #14 (permalink)
Shas'El

well- thats because its a myth- and that was just the first reported sighting, who knows how long they had been around. The Xenology book is crap, almost everyone agrees- too many loop holes in the reasoning.

And the Eldar were a creation of the Old One's, not pawns- i mean, if soldiers are pawns- its just the wrong word to describe what they were.

And I'd like for someone to tell me what can control warp storms- there seem to be so many people thinking that the Chaos gods can just 'do' them.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 03:55   #15 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmsword
well- thats because its a myth- and that was just the first reported sighting, who knows how long they had been around. The Xenology book is Klkn, almost everyone agrees- too many loop holes in the reasoning.

And the Eldar were a creation of the Old One's, not pawns- i mean, if soldiers are pawns- its just the wrong word to describe what they were.

And I'd like for someone to tell me what can control warp storms- there seem to be so many people thinking that the Chaos gods can just 'do' them.
I don't think it's Chaos... think about this: If Chaos could create Warp Storms on demand, why would they have [glow=red,2,300]NOT[/glow] used this ability on other occasions.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 07:16   #16 (permalink)
Shas'El

Exactly. If the Chaos Gods had control over warp storms, then the Cadian Gate would cease to become significant. However, I'm sure the EOT campaign had some mention of a Chaos sorcerer invoking a mild (ie, disruptive not planet - consuming) Warp Storm.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 08:54   #17 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
I don't think it's Chaos... think about this: If Chaos could create Warp Storms on demand, why would they have NOT used this ability on other occasions.

What about the storms which mysteriously cut off the Gothic Sector for the 11th? 12th? Black Crusade?

I thought I read they were the result of the big 4, but might be wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jun 2007, 12:12   #18 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think the big 4 probably do have some sort of limited control over the Warpstorms, but not much.

Old 19 Jun 2007, 14:19   #19 (permalink)
Shas'El

the gothic sector crusade was done because Abbaddon successfully forsaw when they would hit (the perfect time to strike) he didn't cause them.

You can trigger a warp storm however with the detonation of particularly massive craft. like a craftworld or a ramilies class star fort- but who has those lieing around in the numbers to actually create a storm- no one.
Old 19 Jun 2007, 14:21   #20 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
Quote:
I don't think it's Chaos... think about this: If Chaos could create Warp Storms on demand, why would they have NOT used this ability on other occasions.

What about the storms which mysteriously cut off the Gothic Sector for the 11th? 12th? Black Crusade?

I thought I read they were the result of the big 4, but might be wrong.
I don't know. You do raise a good point, but why not hit Earth with a GOOD Warp Storm. It takes out the Emperor, the High Lords of Terra, and most likely be big enough to take out Mars and remove Adeptus Mechanicus (and [if he's there] the C'Tan, Dragon) all with one stroke.