Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Need help identifying 3 vehicle pieces!
Closed Thread
Old 24 Feb 2005, 21:45   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Need help identifying 3 vehicle pieces!

Last night I was putting together my Hammerhead and Devilfish and came across three pieces that kinda confused me. One looks like a missile/fuel tank that goes on the bottom of the fish/head, another is a three pronged antenna thing that goes at the front of the fish/head, and the last is a single antenna thing that goes at the upper rear left next to the thruster.
What I'm wondering is are these parts Tau Vehicle upgrades? and if they are, which one's which and if I glue it on, would it automatically mean I'm using it?
I dont want to be glueing on anything that - later i'll hear from rogue traders "Those are sensor spines you got on your hammerhead. You have it glued on there so there for you must include it in your army now." +5pts. for no reason added to army list.

Please help, I wanna start painting.
Thanks!

(Under 9yrs requires accompanying parental or adult guardian)
Old 24 Feb 2005, 22:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default Re: Need help identifying 3 vehicle pieces!

Welcome to the Board A.T. Slacker

The missile/fuel tank is a "Seeker Missile."
The three pronged antenna are "Sensor Spines."
And the single antenna is the "Drone Controller." I think this is also the "multi-tracker" if you wish it to be, just like on the XV8 Crisis Suits.

There is no extra model for the "Target Locks, Decoy Launchers, Flechette Discharger or Disruption Pod" either unless you buy bits from Forgeworld. So you can call any of these your upgrades, via those pieces if you really want to. Don't let someone tell you what your model is (unless it's obvious... like this is a devilfish and this is a hammerhead).

If I'm wrong about these--someone correct it immediately before our friend glues them on

By the way--don't worry about what you glued or didn't glue. It can be just there for scenic purposes. A lot of times, you can call the piece that is a sensor spine the "multi-tracker" if you wish. As long as it "makes sense" then do as you wish with it (just don't try to call your burst cannons a couple of smart missile systems heh).
Old 25 Feb 2005, 02:39   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

oh sweet, i was hoping that was the case.
man i love how you can make tau look any way you want and it doesnt go against the storyline.*
(color schemes, drone controllers etc.)

many thanks, MalVeauX.

edit:
I hope the same goes for the hand held items like the two pronged remote control/scanner looking device the Firewarriors hold in their left hands.

Old 25 Feb 2005, 02:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

that thing that fire warriors hold? Thats a scanner for finding the enemy (like a motion tracker) but it doesn't do anything rule-wise. Just looks cool 8)
Old 25 Feb 2005, 02:51   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX

I consider that little "hand held device" to by basically the same thing as "sensor spines" but they left it out I suppose. Maybe something like an imperial "auspex." I put them on all my shas'ui just for the extra look--kind of like a comm device to keep up with the rest of the army.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 03:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

It certainly explains how an ethereal can be inspiring from halfway across the board and out of sight if the thing is a comm device.
Old 25 Feb 2005, 03:22   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yes yes yes! awesome, again I really love how customizable Tau is.
Thanks thanks~

Closed Thread