Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Is this a Legal Configuration? (Shas'O Commander)
Old 10 Jun 2007, 06:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Is this a Legal Configuration? (Shas'O Commander)

Hey guys. After playing my first game today, I realized the full potential of Battlesuits with Missile Pods. I am going to pick up a Battlesuit commander tomorrow, and I am wondering if this configuration is both legal and effective:

Cyclic Ion Blaster
Twin Linked Missile Pods
Shield Generator
Hard Wired Multi Tracker

Thanks!

-Chrisness
Old 10 Jun 2007, 06:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Is this a Legal Configuration? (Shas'O Commander)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisness
Hey guys. After playing my first game today, I realized the full potential of Battlesuits with Missile Pods. I am going to pick up a Battlesuit commander tomorrow, and I am wondering if this configuration is both legal and effective:

Cyclic Ion Blaster
Twin Linked Missile Pods
Shield Generator
Hard Wired Multi Tracker

Thanks!

-Chrisness
Nope, illegal. It uses four hard points, three hard point limit. Drop a missile pod or, if you really want that twin-linked, the shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by runer60000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I believe so, I get mine at Walgreen's for around $7. Brake Fluid works too (Pine Sol Works on metals, not so well on plastics), but I prefer the spraycanniness of the Easy Off. Spray it (Wear gloves, it's important), let it sit, and take a toothbrush to it later.
so what your saying is that oven cleaner can remove paint from plastic models? and after that, you take a toothbrush to your plastic model, and the paint just comes off?
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2007, 06:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Sadly on it's not, that's 4 hard points used and you only have 3. The CIB takes a hard point, Twin Linked Missile Pods take two and the Shield Generator Takes one. I would suggest not twin linking the missile pods and dropping the Shield Generator for a Targeting Array on a Shas'el and swapping the CIB for a Plasma Rifle, which gives you weapons that work well together and still have range. If you want the CIB I'd suggest coupling it with either a Plasma Rifle or a Burst Cannon.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2007, 06:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Ah, darn, that was what I was afraid of. I'm already sold on the Shas'O commander, so I cant go with you on that Vash :-\ but I will drop one MP and add some other battlesuit option. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 10 Jun 2007, 06:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

I would be inclined to agree with you Vash...but the use of the Shas'O with plasma rifles typically pits him against units that have enough firepower to wipe him out. That, and it has a shorter range, and lower strength. The missle pod gives it a much better anti-tank punch. Also, notice that with the missile pod ALL of the shots are AP4. This is very suggestive of a good Ninj'o pattern.

That said, twin-linking a missile pod when you have BS5 is really not worth the investment. Drop the shield generator as well: use JSJ to keep him out of LOS of the big guns as much as you can. Instead, take Vectored Retro Thrusters, and a Stim injector, and use this thing to devestate all ranges of infantry and light tanks. (CIB is AP 1 on a to-wound of a six against anything T6 and lower, Ap4 base, and the missile pod has a decent chance to damage everything short of a land-raider or monolith.)
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jun 2007, 07:03   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian_Alpha
I would be inclined to agree with you Vash...but the use of the Shas'O with plasma rifles typically pits him against units that have enough firepower to wipe him out. That, and it has a shorter range, and lower strength. The missle pod gives it a much better anti-tank punch. Also, notice that with the missile pod ALL of the shots are AP4. This is very suggestive of a good Ninj'o pattern.

That said, twin-linking a missile pod when you have BS5 is really not worth the investment. Drop the shield generator as well: use JSJ to keep him out of LOS of the big guns as much as you can. Instead, take Vectored Retro Thrusters, and a Stim injector, and use this thing to devestate all ranges of infantry and light tanks. (CIB is AP 1 on a to-wound of a six against anything T6 and lower, Ap4 base, and the missile pod has a decent chance to damage everything short of a land-raider or monolith.)
Yes but against T4 or MEQ) half the shots from the CIB that wound will be AP1, coupling it with a weapon that also can cut through Terminator armor gives the battlesuit variation of targets without really dropping any rate of fire, it has to be a little closer yes but that isn't usually a problem in my experience and it makes the suit nice for helping add that extra punch against any dangeorus units that really need to die, such as Assault Marines, Khorn Berserkers, Terminators etc.

Lastly the Shas'O is, in my experience, the ultimate platform for wielding both the Plasma Rifle and the Fusion Blaster as with his increased number of wounds and cc prowess he has the skill and toughness to survive where others wouldn't and his IC status lets him stay clear of all incoming fire most of the time, give him a Shield Generator and even if things go completely wrong he still has a 50% chance of making it through, such as if say a battle cannon round scatters onto him.

Vash113 is offline   Reply With Quote